Owings Mills, MD

New Town Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2014
My son has gone to this school since he was in Kindergarten. As a matter of fact, he needed speech services before Kindergarten so he started going to NTES for that at age 3. He is now in 5th grade and is about to graduate. He has done very well at this school and has loved his experience. As a parent, I cant say enough about the leadership and teachers at this school! They have supported my son and our family his whole elementary school career. They prepared him as he transitions to a middle school and has given him memories to last a lifetime. My daughter is also there and has thrived at this school. The PTA is great and the activities offered at the school are fun and family friendly. Only reason NTES doesn't get a 5 star rating is because it has become a bit overcrowded which is my only complaint but the staff manages it well and the children are used to it. It only becomes an issue due to class sizes, car pool, portable classrooms, and conducting lessons in the hallway which has to happen sometimes. Overall however, this school is excellent and Im happy that my children are a member of the NTES community!

Posted September 18, 2013
New Town Elementary has been such an amazing experience for me and my daughter. I agree with the other parents - the principal and her staff are the reason that this school is so good. They are responsive and are deeply committed about the children here. I am at the school more than the average parent and I see the dedication that everyone has for doing the best that they can do. This is our fourth year and I am very glad I did not send her to private school as originally intended because I truly believe that this was the best choice. The kids are great kids that are being actively parented, they focus a lot on anti-bullying, and their educational standards are way above Maryland's minimum standards. Although we personally have had one teacher that I would not consider the absolute best, all of the others have been amazing. From what I have seen, 99% of the teachers there are fabulous and they are all loved by the kids which matters the most. On the downside, it is over-crowded, but you will really not even notice it is so well-run.

Posted June 18, 2013
This is an excellent school. My daughter attends this. The principle is very active and approachable. The teachers here have been there since the school opened and have strong ties to the community. Teachers take a personal interest in students. The key is the parents have to have open communication with the teachers and give them the respect the deserve. Many parents blame the teachers for anything bad that happens. This school is excellent!!!!

Posted June 17, 2013
Our experience at New Town has been excellent. My son completed Kindergarten in Ms Crocker's class. The way she worked with the children was amazing. Math, Reading, Writing... I am still amazed! The staff makes themselves very accessible. Absolutely the best experience at New Town. I can not wait for next year!

Posted June 01, 2013
I believe this school excels because the administration understands and values their responsibility to serve the support the teachers and children. They run a tight ship and the parents and teachers respect them. Our children have had 5 different teachers now and each of them has been outstanding. I expect that even great schools will have some teachers that are sub-par, and maybe New Town does, but we haven't experienced that so far. The parent and community involvement is exceptional. Fashion shows, Halloween Trunk Parties, School Plays, Fund Raisers, etc. We've been to most school activities at New Town in the last 5 years and every event is packed with eager and supportive parents. This is the rare school that hits on all cylinders and I'm grateful that my children have had the opportunity to attend.

Posted December 16, 2011
My daughter attended a Catholic school in Baltimore City and her reading was not at the required level for a 2nd grader. This is her 2nd year and since attending Newtown Elementary her reading level has gotten alot better and she loves to read. We go to Starbucks e/o weekend just so that she can sit and read and have snacks. Thanks newtown for your dedication to the children and their education.

Posted November 04, 2010
New Town Elementary has great Teachers and a strong academic curriculum. The school has wonderful state of the art resources lots of great parent involvement.

Posted May 25, 2010
My daughter is completing her first year at New Town. She is in Mrs. Ketchum's kindergarten class. She has had a wonderful school year. In spite of the large numbers of students, she gets the attention she needs. Mrs. Ketchum has supported and reinforced the reading and math skills that I am teaching her at home. She loves the school, I have seen a wonderful change in her self confidence over the past school year.

Posted July 28, 2009

Posted March 22, 2009
We were so thrilled to find New Town ES to be so welcoming and accomodating to our child's (and family) needs. Our K-3 school in Montgomery County advised us that their role was to ensure each child met the standard, not reached their fullest potential. When we approached NTES with requests for advanced classes, and later requests to change to a teacher more flexible and understanding of ADHD issues, we were treated as part of the solution and not some nuisance. Our child has been doing so well at NTES, with strong sense of self, love of learning and strong test scores to boot. My only hope is that the other parents keep their children moving into the next level of the public schools to keep the good work/scores of our children in the public schools. This will also help our property values folks!! Thanks Ms. Straus and staff!!

New Town Elementary School
4924 New Town Blvd, Owings Mills, MD  21117
Last modified New Town Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Town Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top