Owings Mills, MD

New Town High School 4

Posted November 19, 2014
This school is one of the best schools in this area. I love the polite staff and nice policies, but somethings are missing here or I think so as a parent! One of the most important issues for us is the safety of our children. My daughter couldn't get the bus facility because our home was not in the acceptable range. I am wondering how I should feel ok when my child coming back home sometimes in the dark and cold nights because we have just one car which is in the service of my husband already! on the other hand,Today the car was broken and my daughter left home late (may be 07:35 AM) . Now It is 10:15 and neither an e-mail nor a phone call alert from school !! Last week there was a missing girl on the way to Perryhall Middle school and who knows?! it could be happen anytime, anywhere !!(I know My daughter is a freshman and I am a worried mom but isn't it better to change the ways before it's late ? Also you can't see even a word about safety on school's official site.

Posted November 09, 2014
I am a 2014 Alumni graduated from New Town High school who graduated in the top 20%. What I can tell you about new town is if you want to successed and put in at least a little effort you will not fail. Teachers are willing to help you,even the ones you don't like. Teachers are a lot nicer after hours. Joining an organization will benefit you a lot more then going home and just doing homework or going home and not doing them. the Gudiance office is helpful no mater what just talk to everyone and be friendly. Not ever teacher or classes are likeable but they all have beniffit. the enviorment depends on how you take it in. If your rude and talk about people then you will get a negative environment if your to your self and quit its a boring one. But if you speak up or be nice to people you will have a good environment no matter what drama is around you. Stay positive and have your eyes on the prize and you will succeed with no harm done. Parents need to get involved with out embarrassing their children and the front desk people are only helpful if there not rude or they like you.. to be honest

New Town High School 1

Posted October 21, 2014
I am currently a Freshman at New town high and I do not like it at ALL. I think that people should know that it is a good school academically but behavior and safety wise it is terrible. There are so many fights back to back and a lot of drug usage at this school. My parents are removing me now because of the hostile learning environment. Also, the teachers don't use appropriate language when talking to students and some teachers are even violent at times. I would not recommend anyone sending their child to this school I would try a special transfer or paying for private school. Trust me its worth it!

Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter is a freshman at Newtown for the 2013-2014 for school year. I am impressed with the school's dedication to informing and educating the parents and students about college and post high school options for students. My daughter has excellent and dedicated teachers this school year.

Posted December 07, 2011
The school is good academically, but could use some improvement as far as discipline actions. I actually dread visiting during evening hours because the children can be a little loud and unruly. The dance department leaves a lot to be desired because there seems to be no variety. There are many forms of dance (modern, tap, jazz, hip hop) but there is a favoritism towards ballet and modern (at least during the performances). My middle school aged daughter has shown an interest in dance as a magnet, but I don t think I will be sending her to Newtown high due to the lack of variety in the dance program. It s a shame because the school is so close to home.

Posted June 03, 2011
It has been a good learning experience for my son. The school should be proactive in preparing students for SAT and ACT exams.

Posted May 31, 2011
For me, a lot more could have been done by teachers, other staff, but MOST OF ALL PARENTS. A school can't be great if the parents don't cooperate with the teachers. A lot of times what I saw was parents defending their children's inappropriate behavior and not apologizing and that's pathetic. You go to school, do what you have to do to get good grades or straight A's like me and then move on. Don't blame teachers for YOUR CHILD'S constant failure. There is definitely something you're not doing as a parent if that happens. One other thing that the school should definitley improve on is preparations for college with seniors. Not school lunches (get over it) and not extracurricular activities. Stop worrying about how mean or nice the teacher is and focus on learning. That is all. :)

New Town High School 0

Posted September 22, 2008
As a long-time New Town parent (since the school opened), and as the current PTSA President, I believe I have some insights that other parents may not have. Anyone who has been a member of the New Town Family for a significant amount of time knows that as the school matures, many issues that new schools face become resolved. There is strong leadership at the helm of New Town, and staffmembers have embraced the vision. I encourage parents and students to take a more active role in New Town's maturation process, lending their wisdom, insights and strategies that will continue our positive growth. It's always much easier to complain than it is to roll up our sleeves and put in work.

Posted September 19, 2008
This school has alot of growing up to do still and no student at this school feels the way as the comment below its school for crying out loud! Some teachers do try their best and then there is Dr. Miller anybody that went there nows what i mean lol

New Town High School 5

Posted September 11, 2008
the school is great and the teachers are good and they try there best.

New Town High School
4931 New Town Blvd, Owings Mills, MD  21117
Last modified New Town High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Town High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top