Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They are dedicated compassionate teachers. The build a relationship with their students and give the student confidence to achieve their goals

Amount of homework: Disagree

Children need some down time. They need to be able to shut thing off. We are spending more time in the class room so the workload should be less.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The staff create and all inclusive policy. They all push the children to do their best. But they have to want it. They teach them to be responsible for their actions.

My son is in his sophomore year at New Town High School. Mr. Whatley and his staff have created a safe environment where our children can grown and learn so that they can become productive adults. The school cannot do it alone, families need to be involved in their children's education. If they see you are invest then they tend to be productive and engaged. Attending meetings, Back to school night and volunteering is a must in 1st to 12th grade. Relationship are very important and Communication is the Key.

This school is one of the best schools in this area. I love the polite staff and nice policies, but somethings are missing here or I think so as a parent! One of the most important issues for us is the safety of our children. My daughter couldn't get the bus facility because our home was not in the acceptable range. I am wondering how I should feel ok when my child coming back home sometimes in the dark and cold nights because we have just one car which is in the service of my husband already! on the other hand,Today the car was broken and my daughter left home late (may be 07:35 AM) . Now It is 10:15 and neither an e-mail nor a phone call alert from school !! Last week there was a missing girl on the way to Perryhall Middle school and who knows?! it could be happen anytime, anywhere !!(I know My daughter is a freshman and I am a worried mom but isn't it better to change the ways before it's late ? Also you can't see even a word about safety on school's official site.

I am a 2014 Alumni graduated from New Town High school who graduated in the top 20%. What I can tell you about new town is if you want to successed and put in at least a little effort you will not fail. Teachers are willing to help you,even the ones you don't like. Teachers are a lot nicer after hours. Joining an organization will benefit you a lot more then going home and just doing homework or going home and not doing them. the Gudiance office is helpful no mater what just talk to everyone and be friendly. Not ever teacher or classes are likeable but they all have beniffit. the enviorment depends on how you take it in. If your rude and talk about people then you will get a negative environment if your to your self and quit its a boring one. But if you speak up or be nice to people you will have a good environment no matter what drama is around you. Stay positive and have your eyes on the prize and you will succeed with no harm done. Parents need to get involved with out embarrassing their children and the front desk people are only helpful if there not rude or they like you.. to be honest

I am currently a Freshman at New town high and I do not like it at ALL. I think that people should know that it is a good school academically but behavior and safety wise it is terrible. There are so many fights back to back and a lot of drug usage at this school. My parents are removing me now because of the hostile learning environment. Also, the teachers don't use appropriate language when talking to students and some teachers are even violent at times. I would not recommend anyone sending their child to this school I would try a special transfer or paying for private school. Trust me its worth it!

My daughter is a freshman at Newtown for the 2013-2014 for school year. I am impressed with the school's dedication to informing and educating the parents and students about college and post high school options for students. My daughter has excellent and dedicated teachers this school year.

The school is good academically, but could use some improvement as far as discipline actions. I actually dread visiting during evening hours because the children can be a little loud and unruly. The dance department leaves a lot to be desired because there seems to be no variety. There are many forms of dance (modern, tap, jazz, hip hop) but there is a favoritism towards ballet and modern (at least during the performances). My middle school aged daughter has shown an interest in dance as a magnet, but I don t think I will be sending her to Newtown high due to the lack of variety in the dance program. It s a shame because the school is so close to home.

It has been a good learning experience for my son. The school should be proactive in preparing students for SAT and ACT exams.

Last modified New Town High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.