Bad
Good

Bodkin is an outstanding school academically and socially. We were new to the area and feel like we've been here for years. Very welcoming school and community. Our children have flourished here and have received a top notch education. The teachers are very energetic, creative and make learning interesting and fun. The new principal is wonderful, knows all the students names and has contributed so much to continuing to make this an amazing school. The entire staff is so warm and genuine. The school counselor is amazing!! The students are respectful. Bodkin parents and the PTA are impressive...involvement is second to none. If you have the opportunity to attend this school....do it....you will love it!!! I can't say enough wonderful things about this school!!

The best elementary school in AA county ! There are some teacher aides that do not belong, but that will soon correct itself when Principle Jansky and crew reevaluate the term.....other than that.....great relationships and involvement with parents make for a spectacular program !!!

The parent involvement at Bodkin is tremendous. My daughter had a hard time when we relocated here. The school couselor and faculty were wonderful at making her feel welcome and keeping me in the loop. If you have the opportunity to have your child attend Bodkin, grab it!

This is the best school my kids have ever attended. We moved twice over the past 4 years and they have gone to three total elementary schools, but I've never seen them enjoy school as much as they do at Bodkin. My oldest has ADHD and at his first school they treated him as an outcast, which made learning difficult. Since we've moved to Bodkin, he has been not only accepted but treated like all other students, given the same consideration and opportunities as everyone else. I appreciate that so much and I've seen his self esteem increase so much, I hate to see his fifth grade year end! The administration, teachers and other staff members have always been warm and welcoming, always available, and the school is clean and taken care of too. I wish Bodkin had grades k-12 instead of just elementary!

Great school. Just got daughters' MSA's - for the first time (after her second year at the school; she's in 4th grade), her scores were great. She was always border line "proficient" before but after 4th grade here, she blossomed and improved sooooo much - she ended up being borderline "advanced"!! All in one year. The 4th grade teachers make learning fun for them. They are so young and nice and energetic and the children feed off of it - really!. Bodkin 100% proficiency for 4th grade math student.

Fantastic school. My son LOVES it here. Teachers are great to deal with and my son is learning so much at a very high level. IMPRESSED!

I think the teachers at Bodkin are the best.

Bodkin Elementary has the best teachers ever!!!!!

Bodkin has always been a great school, wonderful staff and community support all the way. Working on third generation to attend.Great-great-great

I am a parent of three children in Bodkin currently. It is hard to summarize all the wonderful things happening at Bodkin in a short paragraph. My favorite aspect of the school is the positive nurturing tone. The teachers, administration, curriculum, parent volunteers, children all vibrate with pride and a sense of community. The grades function as a team with cooperative among teachers. Bodkin is a Maryland Green School and the environmental projects are part the children's daily lives. Communication and respect for parents' presence, opinions, questions are amazing. I toured several public schools and moved to this one. I couldn't be happier.

Last modified Bodkin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.