Bad
Good

This is an amazing school. Throughout middle school, I had headgear and glasses, everyone made fun of me, and I absolutely hated it. But, then I got into the IB program at RM. Never have I been part of such a wonderful peer group, or had such amazing teachers as I do here. Everyone is kind and motivated-- the only peer pressure I've experienced is 100% positive. There is a club for EVERYONE. No matter what you're interests are, I'm sure you can find friends here. And don't even get me started on the teachers! I hated school. Flat out hated it. But here, learning isn't just memorization. It's an enlightening and inspiring process. The teachers here are the teachers that train other teachers how to teach IB, because they truly are some of the best in the country. ESPECIALLY Ms. FInn. I'm so happy I came to this school. It completely changed my life.

My son graduated from RM in 2011. He had a great experience and was involved in a lot of extracurricular activities. The student body is very diverse and there are lots of clubs and cover a broad range of interests.

We are very happy with RMHS for our child. They have excellent teachers and counsellors who take time to talk to the parents and understand the child's concern and give appropriate suggestions which would best help the improve the performance.

We have been very pleased with RM. The school functions well, the teachers are excellent, and the new building is fantastic. The education my kids have received is top notch, the PTSA get parents very involved.

It seems to me that a lot of people think RM is great, but I have to say that is not ture. There are some good people in the school, but the leadership of the school does not have enough ability to manage RM. They basically just keep the school running. They do not have any visions for the future. The new building does not even have a courtyard. The school does not have a lot of spirit and hardly gives studnents any inspritions. Perheps it's because Crassco put toomuch energy into his 'side business'. I'm glad he got fired because of it. I hope the new principal will bring something new into RM,such as honesty, a more friendly atomosphere and insprition into the most historical public school in the county.(Carrasco's the former principal of RMHS)

AMAZING SCHOOL! The teachers are really encouraging, helpful, and supportive. Also, many different paths are available including IB, MYP, Honors, AP, etc. Overall, great learning evnvironment especially with the new upgrades.

I am currently a junior at RMHS, and I think it is overall a pretty good school. My teachers have always been very supportive of me and open to my questions. There is a little hostility between the teachers and administration, but it doesn't hamper education at all. The school is very safe, with the school's security officers and at least one armed police officer on campus during the day, and Montgomery County PD headquarters only about 4 blocks away. Parents are heavily involved via the PTA, and there are more than enough extracurricular activities, so no one should have trouble finding a club/sport they're interested in. The only very negative thing about the school is the building. Ceilings leak, paint peels, and some bathrooms are missing a toilet or two, among other problems. However, the new RM should open in time for school to start there in August 2007.

Last modified Richard Montgomery High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.