Rockville, MD
Students enrolled: 2,100

Posted September 05, 2012
This is an amazing school. Throughout middle school, I had headgear and glasses, everyone made fun of me, and I absolutely hated it. But, then I got into the IB program at RM. Never have I been part of such a wonderful peer group, or had such amazing teachers as I do here. Everyone is kind and motivated-- the only peer pressure I've experienced is 100% positive. There is a club for EVERYONE. No matter what you're interests are, I'm sure you can find friends here. And don't even get me started on the teachers! I hated school. Flat out hated it. But here, learning isn't just memorization. It's an enlightening and inspiring process. The teachers here are the teachers that train other teachers how to teach IB, because they truly are some of the best in the country. ESPECIALLY Ms. FInn. I'm so happy I came to this school. It completely changed my life.

Posted December 04, 2011
My son graduated from RM in 2011. He had a great experience and was involved in a lot of extracurricular activities. The student body is very diverse and there are lots of clubs and cover a broad range of interests.

Posted May 27, 2009
We are very happy with RMHS for our child. They have excellent teachers and counsellors who take time to talk to the parents and understand the child's concern and give appropriate suggestions which would best help the improve the performance.

Posted February 14, 2009
We have been very pleased with RM. The school functions well, the teachers are excellent, and the new building is fantastic. The education my kids have received is top notch, the PTSA get parents very involved.

Richard Montgomery High School 3

Posted June 24, 2008
It seems to me that a lot of people think RM is great, but I have to say that is not ture. There are some good people in the school, but the leadership of the school does not have enough ability to manage RM. They basically just keep the school running. They do not have any visions for the future. The new building does not even have a courtyard. The school does not have a lot of spirit and hardly gives studnents any inspritions. Perheps it's because Crassco put toomuch energy into his 'side business'. I'm glad he got fired because of it. I hope the new principal will bring something new into RM,such as honesty, a more friendly atomosphere and insprition into the most historical public school in the county.(Carrasco's the former principal of RMHS)

Posted June 02, 2008
AMAZING SCHOOL! The teachers are really encouraging, helpful, and supportive. Also, many different paths are available including IB, MYP, Honors, AP, etc. Overall, great learning evnvironment especially with the new upgrades.

Richard Montgomery High School 3

Posted December 18, 2006
I am currently a junior at RMHS, and I think it is overall a pretty good school. My teachers have always been very supportive of me and open to my questions. There is a little hostility between the teachers and administration, but it doesn't hamper education at all. The school is very safe, with the school's security officers and at least one armed police officer on campus during the day, and Montgomery County PD headquarters only about 4 blocks away. Parents are heavily involved via the PTA, and there are more than enough extracurricular activities, so no one should have trouble finding a club/sport they're interested in. The only very negative thing about the school is the building. Ceilings leak, paint peels, and some bathrooms are missing a toilet or two, among other problems. However, the new RM should open in time for school to start there in August 2007.

Posted July 17, 2006
I have been thrilled with the caliber of the instructors at RM. My sons were given a top-quality education by teachers who love what they do and recognize students who exhibit strong morals and value education. RM far-surpassed my expectations.

Posted May 09, 2006
The teachers here are truly extraordinary. These people are extremely dedicated to their students in and out of the classroom. The students are bright, motivated and bring their quirky interests to the drama club, to the literary magazine, and to a variety of student-run organizations on campus. A significant proportion of graduating seniors enter top universities in the fall but there is a good deal of academic competition and stress in the life of a Richard Montgomery student--you should keep this in mind particularly if your child is considering the IB Program.

Richard Montgomery High School 4

Posted November 08, 2005

Richard Montgomery High School
250 Richard Montgomery Dr, Rockville, MD  20852
Last modified Richard Montgomery High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richard Montgomery High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top