Silver Spring, MD

Posted October 26, 2014
It okay the only thing I am mad with is that a few teachers don't know what they are doing once a teacher said I did not turn in a grade and I got a c and my papers come back and the assignment that she said was missing was graded then she loses other people's papers this is not a school I recommend for your child most likely your son or daughter will get most likely bullied and see violence and cursing if you don't mind your turning ghetto and act like a person they aren't I don't recomend this school to you.

Posted August 23, 2014
I am a kid going into 7th grade. The school is okay but not great. The teachers are not that great. Some teachers grade fairly. But in the second semester, one of my teachers took of over 20 points JUST because I'm hand slipped while drawing a decoration on it. There are SO many fights at the school and it's annoying.

Posted April 25, 2014
The school has an awful principal. She has an elitist attitude and that attitude is pretty much what she promotes in her "administration". I feel sorry for the good teachers that work there.

Briggs Chaney Middle School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
the best shcool in all of county go bears school has a horrible principal other than that 5 star school GOOOOOOOO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 15, 2014
This school is definitely not a place you should send your child. If you question the staff you will not get an answer (or a straight one at least). The principal's 'expect the best' motto is bull. Discipline is a very huge problem at this school. Some students seem to be more important than others as some students get a pat on the wrist as a consequence and some get full on harsh punishments for THE SAME THING. My friends child got in school suspension for wearing a romper last year. Please listen to these recent reviews and DONT send your child to Briggs Chaney.

Posted January 16, 2014
We were so horrified by the behavior of students AND teachers at this school that we pulled our child out. Students are bullied physically and emotionally without repercussion. There is no leadership from the administration and most teachers don't care - won't answer student questions, ignore parent emails, don't update edline, refuse to meet with parents.

Posted November 02, 2013
This school is good and has amazing and very talented students but for some reason there are some problems and there are few but they are big problems. I'm a sixth grader who has been through the first quarter only. I have seen and observed many different scenes and acts happening in the classrooms and hallways and cafeteria. For one thing the kids will not be quite. Fact: Most of the time while we are in the lunch room the boys are always so loud and by the time I get out of the lunch room I only have a minute to get my stuff out of my locker. One time I was late and me and my friend made a letter about it. I fixed that problem but there are so many more. For one you cannot express yourself at all unless after school. When you have a question the teachers will answer but they might cut you off. The punishments are bad here. I've never had a lunch detention or have been suspended or have gotten in trouble. I am scared I might. Last big problem, the kids have so many fights and arguments. I avoid them but I can't even make it to my last period without getting bumped into. Kids will spread rumors like mad. Everything else is great.

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is the worse school ever they suspend people who were not involved with a fight the teachers don't care about the students and the new princible only cares about her daughter if you go to Briggs Chaney and you really wanna make it threw have real friends that you can trust other then that you are most likely to be bullied the school Is very divided but gender for the most part not much freedom no dances and no fun if you really want to have fun go get suspended or get hated by teachers ( witch is very easy) the princible says expect the best everyday she said that everyone in my class use to say no except the opposite witch in my opinion is very true.

Briggs Chaney Middle School 3

Posted July 12, 2013
i am a 7th grader here and i love this school, but the school has a lot of fights which are annoying

Briggs Chaney Middle School 3

Posted March 24, 2013
This school is okay. We have fights every week we haven't even had our first school dance. The teachers really wont try to help you get an A. This principal has a daughter that comes to the school and lets her do what ever she wants she would be late for class and the teacher wouldn't care. The ABC Party use to be 2 HOURS and now its 1 because her daughter told her what we do in the circle. The school is not fun for the students we want more dances , more freedom but we can't get that for some reason.

Briggs Chaney Middle School
1901 Rainbow Dr, Silver Spring, MD  20905
Last modified Briggs Chaney Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Briggs Chaney Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top