Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

All of the courses that I wanted to take are the courses that this school does not offer. Basically saying, Kennedy sucks.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

This school is full of bullies. I see people getting violated almost every week, and the scary thing is, that the teachers do nothing to try and prevent it.

Supports LD students: Disagree

When I was in my freshman year, the school "Decided" to wrongfully diagnose me with ADHD. Meanwhile, I have never had any problems with paying attention. Now, thanks to Kennedy , I have to live with the discriminative label, and I do not receive anything from the school because of this that does not hurt me in some way.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school, in comparison to the schools around it, has no diversity. It is almost all Hispanic and African-American, and the only thing that I have learned about respect, is that my school does not respect it's students very well at all.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The teachers at Kennedy simply care about earning money. Not one teacher has ever put more than 25% effort into his/her work.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

At this school, homework is given simply so that we can fulfill the "Homework" section in our class grades. It does nothing for us students except give us one more thing to worry about.

I am currently attending JFK high school and have been for the last three years, a chunk of students who don't care about school and don't try at all bring down the test scores and the general reputation of the school, but if you are a hard working student who is motivated the staff will support, work with and encourage you. You will get as much as you put in, if you actively become a part of the school through AP/IB/Honors classes, sports teams, after-school clubs and other extracurricular activities you will prosper here. Overall I have had a great experience at my years at Kennedy and don't regret coming to the school in the least, I met some really amazing teachers and friends who have shaped my future and will continue to inspire me through my life.

Extreme lack of diversity, no help from parents of many students in the community, a negligent security team(like really, not worth keeping at all(not all, but a few)), and a administration who for the love of God will not push a math, science, and engineering heavy curriculum( no ap comp sci, no principals of engineering, etc). But, Kennedy does have many programs for those pursuing art degrees, Those pursuing careers in medical field, and those pursuing degrees/careers related to social science....... I truly believe you can do extremely well at Kennedy if want to. And along the way teachers will see that motivation and respect you for it. My advice: Find a group where you're always learning and always contributing. Each friend of yours should be smarter than you in some way. Or be a loner, read a ton and challenge yourself both inside and outside of school(best choice). My advice for student interested in math/hard sciences/engineering: take as many ap/ib math classes as possible, take Mr.argyros' engineering class(extremely important), and take Ib Chem and physics....concurrently, You should be taking Classes at Montgomery college, Umd, or online(programming( I recommend Java and C) thermodynamics, math(repeats or higher level), etc). Or, you should be reading and rereading A TON. Also, you should be actively looking for employment opportunities and internships in the field you're pursuing. P.s the only languages you should be trying to learn right now are computer languages. Adios amigos

John F Kennedy has horrible reputation. I transferred to this school this year and I love it. The school has a comforting atmosphere, I get along with almost everybody. The rumors are FALSE, There aren't many druggies or bullies. The school is small so everybody knows each other. Please do not judge this school as bad as the rumors say. If you spend a day here, you'll fall in the JFK titan spirit!

John F. Kennedy is a great school by a former student and current student (Me and my sister, who is a kennedy alumni). Kennedy has programs that force you to push your boundaries. For an example LTI (Leadership Training Institute) and IB (International Baccalaureate) these programs allow students to have the tools to become successful. Nonetheless the most important part in a child's education is parents involvement. When its lacking the teachers play an active supportive role to those students that seem motivated and focused. Like any other schools there are cliques. As a former student at a primarily while school I can honestly say there is more mobility and less bullying. The key to a great high school experience is a mix of extracurricular activities, great program involvement, and a good parent/teacher involvement this could found at kennedy. But everyone has to work hard to succeed in life. Alumni's from '06 have graduated from Princeton, Harvard and this includes 2 medical doctors. It sadden me to read that the school is full of drugs because this is a reflection of the parents not the school its self. If parent involvement is greater then the school would be different.

Last modified John F. Kennedy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.