Silver Spring, MD

Posted July 16, 2014
Best school, best teachers, best community. Teachers are so involved with their students I'm so happy my little girl had such a great teachers that take good care of her so dedicated to teach since I'm mostly working at night time I only spent a couple days working with her but when I told this to her teacher she told me not to worry about she was going to help her as much as she can and she did. I'm so surprise on how much my little princess know. Thank you so much ms. Callaway. First grade teacher. Thank you so much ms. Alley. Kindergarten teacher.

Rosemary Hills Elementary School 2

Posted April 08, 2014
The new Principal is destroying what was once a good school. She is cold and condescending to parents and (from what I have witnessed, the teachers). She does not respond to suggestions or criticism well and it is her way or no way. She is especially ill-suited to a PRIMARY school of small children K-2 and belongs in a corporate environment. She is joyless, eliminating any activity she can that is considered remotely recreational. School trips, last day of school parties, class pizza parties, snack time for kindergartners, brief birthday celebrations, parents taking pictures of their own children in class have all been canceled or completely eliminated in the past 2 years since she took over. She is taking the wonder out of their primary years and does not value emotional growth/bonding experiences. The children only have one small recess or break as is it. Research shows children learn more effectively with small breaks and emotional support . The teachers are great, but held back by the principal. The PTA officers are concerned with staying on the good side of the Principal/Administration and playing politics than representing the parents.

Rosemary Hills Elementary School 3

Posted September 13, 2013
My son attended RHPS from K-2. His K and 2nd grade teachers were excellent. His 1st teacher was verbally abusive. Many parents complained and she ultimately left the school. I'm glad he is done with RHPS. I feel Ms. Ryan the new principal is not doing a good job. I do not think she is willing to hear any criticisms about the school and can be very condesending.

Rosemary Hills Elementary School 2

Posted January 25, 2013
My daughter goes here and is in second grade. The last two years have been great- great teachers and the old principal was nice. However, as a parent, I am deeply concerned about where the school is heading. The new principal seems to have her hand in everything in a controlling way and talks down to us parents. I can imagine she must treat the staff this way as well. With this sort of leadership, I am glad that this is my last year at the school. Again, the teachers are great.

Posted March 01, 2012
My son is in Kindergarten at RHPS. The teacher is great. I was worried that my son would languish or lose interest because his reading ability is far beyond any of the other children. However, they know exactly how to handle the situation, separating him out for reading at a higher level and tackling the areas where he is weakest (spelling). He enjoys school immensely. The large number of kindergarten classes (9) was worrisome as well at first, but, in fact, provides a lot of synergy among the teachers and enables them to do simple things like switch classes for recess when it's raining in order to make it interesting. The PTA is wonderful as well. And the after school opportunities from Chinese language, to handwriting and science, and all manner of sports are convenient and stimulating.

Rosemary Hills Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2009
I'm a parent of a K at RHPS and have found the school to be outstanding.

Posted November 10, 2008
I have two boys at RHPS and we all love it. The teachers are fantastic and the PTA is very supportive. there are many organized extra activities. My boys are learning and are happy.

Posted June 09, 2006
My son attends KG at RHPS and we actually moved into the neighborhood just for the school! The test scores are great, the teachers are strong and motivated, the Principal is involved yet sweet, and the whole staff has been superb. My son is learning very well under these circumstances! The feeder schools are some of the best in Montgomery County. He'll go to North Chevy Chase Elementary for 3-5, Westland for Middle and Bethesda-Chevy Chase High. You cannot beat that cluster!

Posted April 03, 2006
My son attends Rosemary and I must say that its a wonderful school. The teachers are very much involved and they take pride at what they do best.

Posted September 12, 2005
My son Robert attends RHPS and he loves it. The teachers are wonderful. It is a great environment for children and being that it stops at 2nd grade the lil kids aren't being run over by kids way bigger than them.

Rosemary Hills Elementary School
2111 Porter Rd, Silver Spring, MD  20910
Last modified Rosemary Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Rosemary Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top