Springdale, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted March 06, 2011
Ardmore as a school is excellent I am a previous student from years ago. Very few of the teachers view their jobs as a profession these days, no passion involved what so ever. Lots of yelling at the students goes on in this school. The principal has dressed inappropriately on several occasions, and is very belligerent to students and especially parents. Not only to students and parents, but has also been very unprofessional in talking down to her staff in front of the students. She is very unprofessional and I think this school could be number one without her.

Posted January 08, 2011
Principal Georgette L. Gregory has a total lack of respect for students and parents. Mrs. Gregory also has serious integrity issues she is currently being questioned for misappropriating school funds in order to support her lavish life style. Mrs. Gregory has a habit of acting very belligerent towards students, parents and staff. A petition is currently being circulated in the Ardmore elementary community to have Mrs. Gregory removed as principal of the school.

Ardmore Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2009
My children are second generation students at Ardmore Elementary. I absolutely love the school. The rigor, dedication to its students, and overall community feel make it a great school. My children are contantly having to think outside of the box and encouraged to bring in their experiences to tie into the curriculum. I was thinking about sending them to another school when we moved into the area but knowing that friends of mine also had children that attended the school made my children feel more comfortable. I would recommend the school to anyone who asked.

Ardmore Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2009
I do thing ardmore is the best school for my children because of the way my children are doing.

Posted April 25, 2008

Posted June 02, 2007
Overall Ardmore is a very good public school. The principal can be unreasonable at times with the ZERO tolerance but it's also understandable in this day and age.

Posted June 06, 2006
It takes a village to raise a child...and that's what we have at Ardmore. It takes the parents, faculty and the student to ensure a child's academic success. Parents cannot rely on the teachers/school alone... With that said Ardmore Elementary is a wonderful neighborhood school. The classes are small which allows the teachers the ability to work with each student. The teachers and administration place a heavy emphasis on test scores and they foster this with developmental programs and enrichment tools. The Before & Aftercare program is 2 steps above the rest. And the extra-curricular activies are wonderful and wholesome. My daughter has been at Ardmore since kindergarten (4 years) and I couldn't imagine sending her anywhere else. Parent

Posted August 20, 2004
Please, please rethink your options before having your child attend this school. If your child is a straight A/B student they may be okay and able to get by. But if your child is slacking in any area this school may not be for them. I pulled my child out of this school. I thought that I was the only parent dealing with this after talking with other parents at the school I find out they are going through the same thing and taking their kids out also. Between the teachers and the principal (all) need to take classes on what to do if a child is not excelling. If you ask for help you will get the run around. What a nightmare! dealing with the faculty. Before enrolling check with every resource you can to get feedback about this school do it for your children.

Ardmore Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2004
Excellent school ---great teachers, I have 2 children at this school and I am an active PTA member.

Posted August 01, 2004
- a former student
This was a wonderful school I would recommend Ardmore to any parent

Ardmore Elementary School
9301 Ardwick Ardmore Rd, Springdale, MD  20774
Last modified Ardmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ardmore Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top