Posted February 08, 2012
We moved from Howard County to Eldersburg recently, and my son has been happy from day one in his new school with new teachers. His achievement is outstanding. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the administration is dedicated toward student success. I'm very impressed with the positive attitude the teachers have toward learning, and their communication with parents is far better than anything I've experienced in HoCo. My only complaint is the GT program- it's virturally non-existent, which is mostly due to county budget cuts. Otherwise, we're extremely pleased with Freedom Elementary.

Posted April 08, 2010

Freedom District Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2009

Freedom District Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2008
My son is a third grader and came from carrolltowne elementary, so I really could compare. Freedom does not feel as welcoming to the parents and there is no parent contact from the teachers what so ever! Homework books are not being checked, don't know why they asked to get them signed. My sons particular class has to do all the teachers work including stamping other childrens homework and classwork which I totally disagree with. My child is tressed before he goes to school knowing he has to do these jobs.

Freedom District Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2008

Freedom District Elementary School 0

Posted September 29, 2007
In the three years we've had children at Freedom, we've NEVER been looked at as 'bothersome' parents. However, the facility's age is a distraction. Let's see if the low math score is an anomoly or a trend.

Freedom District Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2007
Lowest Math scores in the county this year. It is not the great school it used to be. Parents are looked at as bothersome rather than a partner.

Posted August 24, 2007
I can only say good things about Freedom. The administration and teachers are all so caring and really seem to enjoy the job that they do. They have always been there for support whenever needed for whatever the issue may be. Parent volunteers are always welcomed with open arms at any of the various activities that are going on in the school. Again, I can not say anything negative about the school. Way to go Freedom I'm proud to say my daughter and son go to this school.

Posted July 23, 2006
We have had a wonderful experience at Freedom Elementary School. The staff and teachers are some of the nicest we've encountered. Due to moves, we've been at several elementary schools. We are hoping that we are here to stay. My children have been very happy here and have learned a lot. The teachers were very appreciative of parent volunteers and I was always welcomed into the classroom with smiling faces.

Freedom District Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2006
Freedom is an old school that has been neglected over the years due to poor leadership. The test score are in decline, however because of the population are still high.

Freedom District Elementary School
5626 Sykesville Rd, Sykesville, MD  21784
Last modified Freedom District Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom District Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top