Bad
Good

We moved from Howard County to Eldersburg recently, and my son has been happy from day one in his new school with new teachers. His achievement is outstanding. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the administration is dedicated toward student success. I'm very impressed with the positive attitude the teachers have toward learning, and their communication with parents is far better than anything I've experienced in HoCo. My only complaint is the GT program- it's virturally non-existent, which is mostly due to county budget cuts. Otherwise, we're extremely pleased with Freedom Elementary.

My son is a third grader and came from carrolltowne elementary, so I really could compare. Freedom does not feel as welcoming to the parents and there is no parent contact from the teachers what so ever! Homework books are not being checked, don't know why they asked to get them signed. My sons particular class has to do all the teachers work including stamping other childrens homework and classwork which I totally disagree with. My child is tressed before he goes to school knowing he has to do these jobs.

In the three years we've had children at Freedom, we've NEVER been looked at as 'bothersome' parents. However, the facility's age is a distraction. Let's see if the low math score is an anomoly or a trend.

Lowest Math scores in the county this year. It is not the great school it used to be. Parents are looked at as bothersome rather than a partner.

I can only say good things about Freedom. The administration and teachers are all so caring and really seem to enjoy the job that they do. They have always been there for support whenever needed for whatever the issue may be. Parent volunteers are always welcomed with open arms at any of the various activities that are going on in the school. Again, I can not say anything negative about the school. Way to go Freedom I'm proud to say my daughter and son go to this school.

Last modified Freedom District Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.