PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted February 10, 2016
My son is currently in K5 and has attended since K3. This is an amazing school, with quality teachers and administration. They truly show care and concern for their students. I'm quite pleased with my son's progression thus far and I'm confident he will continue to do well. Dr. Lee is an excellent principal and as others have mentioned, she knows every student by name and that means so much to the students and their parents. This is truly a great school!!

Posted February 09, 2016
My Daughters have been attending ECS for a while now {they started in K4} and I could not start to express the amount of pleasure I feel knowing that they are a step above the rest. I hear a lot of stories about other schools in the area and it always makes me smile to know that I never have any of their shared concerns. ECS has been and continues to be a blessing with the great Teachers of every grade level, the small classroom sizes, great after school activities all located at the school and wonderful family feeling felt by all. I don't know how the tuition compares to other schools but that is always a pain but truly worth every dime!

Posted February 07, 2016
My son is currently in kindergarten at this school. I have definitely been very pleased with them. His teacher is wonderful, knows all of her students specific needs, strengths, weaknesses, etc. They are very patient with the kids and do their best to make sure they all succeed. I love the approach they have to teaching the kids how to read. They focus a lot on phonics. After only a couple of months my son was reading and is very good at sounding out words. The school is very big on safety and take extra precautions when visitors enter the building during school hours. The principal is wonderful too and knows all of the students by name when she greets them. Communication is great, they send out emails about everything that's going on with the class and the school overall. They do seem to ask for a lot of money for things such as fundraisers and other things. Other than that I have no complaints at all and my son will definitely be returning there next year.

Posted April 09, 2015
This is my school. I got here last year and ever since they are so fair and caring to all students. They do the best they can to get every student to achieve in education. Ever since my grades have stayed awesome. The principal and while administration is amazing and handles everything amazingly. These people obviously care for every person that walks through the door. They reward the students with praise referrals and Principals Scholar luncheons, which I have attended many times staffed by the one and only principal, Dr. Lee. She is such a loving and caring person. She takes the time to actually listen to all of our needs. The staff and teachers are amazing as well. They make learning fun, well at least most of the time. Some people are even sad when the day is over. Some are even sadder when we have school breaks and/or holidays. In short this is a great school anyone is lucky to attend to.

Posted January 18, 2015
From the moment I went to do a visit at ECS I said I do not care of the cost my child will be going here. He went to a daycare center where he did not learn anything it was not prepared for K5 the teachers there suck. But since he has been at ECS its the best thing since slice bread he can read, write and he knows way more than I knew at his age. The principal is the bomb.com I wouldn't trade her in for no one else. They are very professional and caring about the kids. I feel like he is in a safe and loving environment. I saw a comment that the teacher did not do a lick of one on one studies or tutoring. Well I had a different experience my child K5 teacher takes time with my child every Tuesday and Thursday. Bottom line hands down my family and I love love love love ECS he will be attending in the fall.

Posted October 23, 2014
Excellence Christian School is AMAZING!!! Dr. Lee, the principal is the best principal that I have ever come in contact with. She truly cares about each student and even the staff. The curriculum is awesome and children are learning above grade level. I saw complaints about them not handling children with disabilities, but they clearly tell you that when you register so I don't get the complaints. I love it and my child will be here until they make her leave.

Excellence Christian School 3

Posted June 09, 2014
My child has attended ECS for two years. The first year was good; however, the second year was a huge disappointment. First, we were deeply disappointed with how the teacher and administrators handled class conflict and class dynamics. As a previous rating stated, the teachers and administrators do not go the extra mile to truly nurture your child(ren). My child is elementary school age and he was not nurtured or encouraged and his teacher did not spend a lick of extra time with him for anything. The teacher hardly followed up with parents and hardly ever provided voluntary feedback. Unfortunately, it appeared that the administrators/teachers' children were not disciplined the same as other students. The administration seemed to turn a blind-eye to the wrong-doings of their children but readily disciplined other children for the same behavior. Because this is supposed to be a Christian environment, we were very surprised at the school's actions and way of handling matters. Needless to say, we are happy this school year is over so we can move on. It is my understanding that the school will be losing a good number of students for similar reasons.

Posted March 08, 2014
Dr. Lee is my principal and she is awesome. She listens to the students & cares about our grades. Dominique Weston 3rd Grader ECS Rocks!!!!

Excellence Christian School 4

Posted March 07, 2014
Latest Good News: -Principal s Scholar Luncheons - Media Center Grand Opening - NASA visit and field trip for upper school. - NSA workshop for 6th -upper school (2 hour Mission Impossible STEM activity) -LEGO STEM sessions - NASA to establish a more consistent relationship with ESC in terms of implementing the NASA STEM curriculum in grades K-12. This curriculum would provide our students with weekly hands on project based learning activities in the areas of science, technology, engineering, math and also incorporate art design as well. The funding for this initiative has been the focus of the PTO fundraising goals for the 2013-2014 SY and we are anticipating the launch of the school wide STEM program next year. Once funding for the program is secured, our staff will be trained at the NASA site in Greenbelt on the effective implementation of the program.

Excellence Christian School 4

Posted October 17, 2013
Excellence Christian School has provided a great opportunity for my child to receive a great education. All of the lower graded classroom sizes are small and they include a Teacher s Assistant. The facilities are kept impeccably clean and modern. Dr. Lee the principal is outstanding. It means a lot when you can attend a school that the principal has an open door policy. The school has a very active and present PTO that supports the children and families working with the schools administration. This school would be a great choice for any family!

Excellence Christian School
9010 Frank Tippett Road, Upper Marlboro, MD  20772
Last modified Excellence Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Excellence Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top