Upper Marlboro, MD

Posted April 09, 2015
This is my school. I got here last year and ever since they are so fair and caring to all students. They do the best they can to get every student to achieve in education. Ever since my grades have stayed awesome. The principal and while administration is amazing and handles everything amazingly. These people obviously care for every person that walks through the door. They reward the students with praise referrals and Principals Scholar luncheons, which I have attended many times staffed by the one and only principal, Dr. Lee. She is such a loving and caring person. She takes the time to actually listen to all of our needs. The staff and teachers are amazing as well. They make learning fun, well at least most of the time. Some people are even sad when the day is over. Some are even sadder when we have school breaks and/or holidays. In short this is a great school anyone is lucky to attend to.

Posted January 18, 2015
From the moment I went to do a visit at ECS I said I do not care of the cost my child will be going here. He went to a daycare center where he did not learn anything it was not prepared for K5 the teachers there suck. But since he has been at ECS its the best thing since slice bread he can read, write and he knows way more than I knew at his age. The principal is the bomb.com I wouldn't trade her in for no one else. They are very professional and caring about the kids. I feel like he is in a safe and loving environment. I saw a comment that the teacher did not do a lick of one on one studies or tutoring. Well I had a different experience my child K5 teacher takes time with my child every Tuesday and Thursday. Bottom line hands down my family and I love love love love ECS he will be attending in the fall.

Posted October 23, 2014
Excellence Christian School is AMAZING!!! Dr. Lee, the principal is the best principal that I have ever come in contact with. She truly cares about each student and even the staff. The curriculum is awesome and children are learning above grade level. I saw complaints about them not handling children with disabilities, but they clearly tell you that when you register so I don't get the complaints. I love it and my child will be here until they make her leave.

Excellence Christian School 3

Posted June 09, 2014
My child has attended ECS for two years. The first year was good; however, the second year was a huge disappointment. First, we were deeply disappointed with how the teacher and administrators handled class conflict and class dynamics. As a previous rating stated, the teachers and administrators do not go the extra mile to truly nurture your child(ren). My child is elementary school age and he was not nurtured or encouraged and his teacher did not spend a lick of extra time with him for anything. The teacher hardly followed up with parents and hardly ever provided voluntary feedback. Unfortunately, it appeared that the administrators/teachers' children were not disciplined the same as other students. The administration seemed to turn a blind-eye to the wrong-doings of their children but readily disciplined other children for the same behavior. Because this is supposed to be a Christian environment, we were very surprised at the school's actions and way of handling matters. Needless to say, we are happy this school year is over so we can move on. It is my understanding that the school will be losing a good number of students for similar reasons.

Posted March 08, 2014
Dr. Lee is my principal and she is awesome. She listens to the students & cares about our grades. Dominique Weston 3rd Grader ECS Rocks!!!!

Posted March 07, 2014
Latest Good News: -Principal s Scholar Luncheons - Media Center Grand Opening - NASA visit and field trip for upper school. - NSA workshop for 6th -upper school (2 hour Mission Impossible STEM activity) -LEGO STEM sessions - NASA to establish a more consistent relationship with ESC in terms of implementing the NASA STEM curriculum in grades K-12. This curriculum would provide our students with weekly hands on project based learning activities in the areas of science, technology, engineering, math and also incorporate art design as well. The funding for this initiative has been the focus of the PTO fundraising goals for the 2013-2014 SY and we are anticipating the launch of the school wide STEM program next year. Once funding for the program is secured, our staff will be trained at the NASA site in Greenbelt on the effective implementation of the program.

Posted October 17, 2013
Excellence Christian School has provided a great opportunity for my child to receive a great education. All of the lower graded classroom sizes are small and they include a Teacher s Assistant. The facilities are kept impeccably clean and modern. Dr. Lee the principal is outstanding. It means a lot when you can attend a school that the principal has an open door policy. The school has a very active and present PTO that supports the children and families working with the schools administration. This school would be a great choice for any family!

Posted October 01, 2013
Excellence Christian School is exactly what the name says; it is an excellent school, with an excellent principal, excellent teachers and an excellent staff. The schools foundation it set in Christianity. The environment is warm and loving, and the students excel spiritually, academically and personally. Students and parents are greeted each morning with a smile from the principal and surrounded throughout the day by educators who have the children's best entrances at heart. Imagine a school filled with loving family members and great friends - now you know what it's like to be a part of the Excellence experience.

Posted October 01, 2013
Excellence is the best of homeschooling and private schooling in a truly safe and Christian atmosphere. The facilities are well maintained and modern. Even though the school has only been in exsistance for 10 years, it has surpassed other private schools in the area. Dr. Lee, the principal, is an educator with a heart for her students and teachers. Check out their website. It is our family's choice. As this school attracts even more dedicated families that give to the school more than just paying the tuition, the school will florish to attract families all over the DC Metro area and some international families that move into the area. Elementary grade classes have grown in size as a wave of new families come to ECS and stay. Enroll early.

Posted September 28, 2013
ECS, we call it, is one of the most family friendly schools I know. The education is great. The Principal is personable and always available. The PTO activities, e.g. drive-in movie night, fall social, etc. are a wonderful way to keep the socialization of the parents fun. A little more parental involvement would top it off.

Excellence Christian School
9010 Frank Tippett Road, Upper Marlboro, MD  20772
Last modified Excellence Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Excellence Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top