Public charter
Upper Marlboro, MD
Before care: Yes

Imagine Foundations I Public Charter 4

Posted November 06, 2014
Both of my children have attended Imagine Leeland since kindergarten (my son is in 3rd grade and my daughter is in 1st). Academically, the program is advanced and very challenging and I really value the academic growth I have seen in my children. However, like some of the other comments, principal leadership has been a huge concern. Four principals in 4 years doesn't provide parents, teachers and staff with a good sense a stability. I am actually in awe that despite the many changes in leadership that the school continues to meet state testing goals and the academics remain challenging. This school year, they have implemented Class Dojo which is a behavior tracking app which provides me with real time updates on my children's behavior. I get responses back quickly from their teachers when I send an email. In regards to behavior issues, my children get along well with others and respond to teacher/staff directives so I can't say much about that aspect since its never been an issue in my household.

Posted September 12, 2014
This is my daughters first year at Imagine-Leeland. She's in 6th grade and we love the school so far. I think we're off to a great start. The teachers are very attentive and they challenge the students. My daughter is excited and eager to learn. Imagine fosters the growing minds of children and encourage them to think outside the box. Mr. Pace, the new principle, seems to have great attentions. It's a little early to comment on his new plans and incentives for the students. I do agree with the parent below in reference to accommodating siblings. I have a 1st grader that will prayerfully get into Imagine soon. To sum this up, Imagine is an awesome school and a great alternative to private school.

Posted September 11, 2014
Our 1st yr and thus far very thrilled! Daughter hated school (reg. public school) but now shows so much more interest! She is being challenged in every aspect. So far very happy. This is what I remember when I attended a reg. PG school, a real school. Only concern thus far is based on other comments below the frequent change in leadership role, there is in fact a new principal this year the four star for now, he seesm eager and ready , I will def. update. I love communication via email with teachers! The involvement as a whole, thus far because yes I am proudly one of those moms The teachers make an effort to know the parent! it is disappointing that my son has to continue to wait on the lottery list though. An exception should be made for a sibling entering "ANY" grade not just kindergarten. We're 3 weeks in and so far doing great. At the other school where unfortunately my son remains, a few red flags have triggered my radar already. Def. the children here are different which I am ok with. I rather deal with than with rowdy, disrespectful kids & parents. Tuition free!

Imagine Foundations I Public Charter 3

Posted June 08, 2014
Academically, the school is sound. But there are MAJOR behavior issues that are NOT being addressed by the administration AND the parents- a lot of the children are very "entitled" and have no problems showing it with disrespect, the administration lacks oversight and communication skills. My son has been in Imagine for 4 years and instead of growing on all fronts, is academically sound and depressed. He will NOT be coming back for more torture with no recourse to the offending students.

Imagine Foundations I Public Charter 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Academically very advanced. Prepares students well to meet all the requirements on MSA testing. Math is very advanced and students are encouraged to read. It is a Chattered school wear uniforms! New Principal so cannot comment much about her experience with the school. However still needs some improvements in administrative communication between parents and school administrators.

Posted April 28, 2014
Imagine Foundation at Leeland is an awesome school! Administration and Teachers are very professional and care about the students education and well being. The biggest part about the school is the great support of the parents. Together both parents and teachers have made this school PG County example of what can happen when both work for the benefit of the children!

Imagine Foundations I Public Charter 3

Posted March 20, 2014
I give IFPCS three and half stars. Academics are hands down the best. We have great teachers that dedication is off the charts. However, we have had three principals in three years. And its too soon to tell about our new principal. Since the FIRST principal left the school, we have behavioral issues that the administration can not or refuse to address. Teachers have difficulty teaching to unruly children. Not to mention communication between school and parents could be better. And now we just recieved word that the lease for our campus was not renewed after only three years. We have the potential to be the great school that we once were at Brown Station Road. I am currently look for another Charter school in the county but it beats PG County Public School.

Imagine Foundations I Public Charter 1

Posted November 01, 2013
Very poor experience. I began to type it here but without scratching the surface went 2500 characters over my limit. Poor communication between parents and staff, inexperienced lower level instruction, poorly secured campus to name a few. The new principal looks to make changes however, I couldn't let my child be the guinea pig. Their leadership has changed 3 times in 3 years.

Posted January 09, 2013
My son has been going to this school for 3 years and he has benn doing exceptionally well. I feel that my son is being challenged in all subjects and he enjoys the challenge. The school is a very structured school, and there stop sign is a way for the parents to know how the child is doing. The school has a new name and principal but the model of the school is still the same.

Posted June 03, 2011
I LOVE IFPCS. MY SON CAME TO IMAGINE LAST YEAR IN FIRST GRADE AFTER BEING RETAINED AT A PREVIOUS SCHOOL. I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT MY SON HAS CAUGHT UP AND SURPASSED THE ABILITIES OF OTHER STUDENTS AT HIS PREVIOUS SCHOOL, COMPARATIVELY SPEAKING. MY DAUGHTER IS ABOVE GRADE LEVEL IN ALL AREAS AND CONTINUES TO IMPROVE. MY SON USED TO BE VERY INTIMIDATED AND TURNED OFF ABOUT SCHOOL UNTIL HE CAME TO IMAGINE. I CAN SAY THAT THE TEACHERS TRULY MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OUR CHILDREN. THE TEACHERS KEEP THE STUDENTS ENGAGED AND INTERESTED WHILE CONTINUALLY CHALLENGING THEIR ABILITIES. I DRIVE BOTH OF MY CHILDREN A GREAT DISTANCE TO IFPCS DAILY AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO WITHOUT REGRET. BECAUSE THE TRIP, TIME AND EFFORT IS ALL WORTH IT AND IT SHOWS.

Imagine Foundations I Public Charter
14111 Oak Grove Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD  20774
Last modified Imagine Foundations I Public Charter is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine Foundations I Public Charter Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top