Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Imagine Foundations I Public Charter 2

Posted December 15, 2015
My child has been at this school since Kindergarten and is now in middle school there. Once you see through the smoke and mirrors they show in the 1st few years you'll then see that you were better off putting your child in the local public school instead. The administration there lacks accountability for their shortcomings but expects you as the parent to accept that! There is no real guidance there and they have a high turnover of staff and the princapals. I've had to pull my child out halfway into the school year because I refuse to let them taint his educational experience!!!! Keep this in mind when looking for schools, Charter schools are able to hire uncertified teachers therefore unqualified teachers in my opinion and that's why they have high turnover rates because once the newbie finally pass their test to be a certified teacher then they're out the door! It's a gamble with charter schools and sometimes your child lucks up and get a great teacher in passing but overall this school is very below average in my experience! I'd give them a 2 rating!!!!

Posted December 03, 2015
Awesome school environment and the teaching staff is great. I highly recommend Imagine Leeland Public Charter

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Ms Fanning - 6th grade. Thanks for being an awesome teacher to my child. You have showed concern, compassion and delight when she excels. Thank you

Posted November 18, 2015
I have had a good experience thus far with this schools. Administration is very receptive.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted June 05, 2015
We have 4 pledges that say that they want us to succeed in our lives, but I do not think that the children care enough to pay attention to what the pledges are trying to experience them.

Posted November 06, 2014
Both of my children have attended Imagine Leeland since kindergarten (my son is in 3rd grade and my daughter is in 1st). Academically, the program is advanced and very challenging and I really value the academic growth I have seen in my children. However, like some of the other comments, principal leadership has been a huge concern. Four principals in 4 years doesn't provide parents, teachers and staff with a good sense a stability. I am actually in awe that despite the many changes in leadership that the school continues to meet state testing goals and the academics remain challenging. This school year, they have implemented Class Dojo which is a behavior tracking app which provides me with real time updates on my children's behavior. I get responses back quickly from their teachers when I send an email. In regards to behavior issues, my children get along well with others and respond to teacher/staff directives so I can't say much about that aspect since its never been an issue in my household.

Posted September 12, 2014
This is my daughters first year at Imagine-Leeland. She's in 6th grade and we love the school so far. I think we're off to a great start. The teachers are very attentive and they challenge the students. My daughter is excited and eager to learn. Imagine fosters the growing minds of children and encourage them to think outside the box. Mr. Pace, the new principle, seems to have great attentions. It's a little early to comment on his new plans and incentives for the students. I do agree with the parent below in reference to accommodating siblings. I have a 1st grader that will prayerfully get into Imagine soon. To sum this up, Imagine is an awesome school and a great alternative to private school.

Posted September 11, 2014
Our 1st yr and thus far very thrilled! Daughter hated school (reg. public school) but now shows so much more interest! She is being challenged in every aspect. So far very happy. This is what I remember when I attended a reg. PG school, a real school. Only concern thus far is based on other comments below the frequent change in leadership role, there is in fact a new principal this year the four star for now, he seesm eager and ready , I will def. update. I love communication via email with teachers! The involvement as a whole, thus far because yes I am proudly one of those moms The teachers make an effort to know the parent! it is disappointing that my son has to continue to wait on the lottery list though. An exception should be made for a sibling entering "ANY" grade not just kindergarten. We're 3 weeks in and so far doing great. At the other school where unfortunately my son remains, a few red flags have triggered my radar already. Def. the children here are different which I am ok with. I rather deal with than with rowdy, disrespectful kids & parents. Tuition free!

Imagine Foundations I Public Charter 3

Posted June 08, 2014
Academically, the school is sound. But there are MAJOR behavior issues that are NOT being addressed by the administration AND the parents- a lot of the children are very "entitled" and have no problems showing it with disrespect, the administration lacks oversight and communication skills. My son has been in Imagine for 4 years and instead of growing on all fronts, is academically sound and depressed. He will NOT be coming back for more torture with no recourse to the offending students.

Posted April 28, 2014
Academically very advanced. Prepares students well to meet all the requirements on MSA testing. Math is very advanced and students are encouraged to read. It is a Chattered school wear uniforms! New Principal so cannot comment much about her experience with the school. However still needs some improvements in administrative communication between parents and school administrators.

14111 Oak Grove Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD  20774
Last modified Imagine Foundations I Public Charter is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine Foundations I Public Charter Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top