PK-4 & Ungraded
Amesbury, MA

Charles C Cashman Elementary 2

Posted February 11, 2014
Cashman is OK. The Special Education and Emotional/Behavioral staff is severely lacking knowledge in many prevalent diagnosis' and disabilities. This is very frustrating for parents who are working hard with their child at home and with doctors, only to send their child to the school and have everything undone due to lack of education and willingness of the staff to learn. Not all kids are your average cookie-cutter children and staff needs to be prepared for all children that come to the classroom. Staff offers lots of Lip-service but little follow-through. They are quick to pass blame and finger-point rather than communicate and come up with an effective solution. The staff also makes decisions w/o consulting with eachother and the parents! As an educator, I understand the importance of communication and privacy and this is not upheld at Cashman.

Posted September 27, 2012
The Cashman School is an outstanding school,community and learning environment. Cashman school has received commendations by the state and commendations for MCAS two years in a row!!!!! I went to school here for my Elementary years and now my kids get the opportunity to as well! I love the kind and warm staff of teachers and administration. They are just the best! They are kind and also provide structure and safety to provide the best learning environment for my children. The preschool program and kindergarten program are top notch. Because of this school community my children love school and love to learn...

Charles C Cashman Elementary 1

Posted September 20, 2012
An absolute disaster. The principal is inexperienced, rash and reactive. She punishes kids first and asks questions later. There is an investigation being conducted into her discipline practices. The teachers are a dime a dozen. Competence is not in great supply.

Posted December 20, 2010
I love this school! My daughter is in 2nd grade and we both couldn't be happier with each of the main teachers she has had. My only negative impressions have been from teachers in the "specialty" areas of technololgy and library, and those were more attitude/personality issues rather than competence but overall it has been a fun, friendly, inviting and encouraging learning atmosphere since the 1st day of kindergarten. Our experience has been that it is a wonderful foundation of education and community that is being built here- I feel very, very fortunate to have these wonderful teachers!

Posted February 15, 2009
We moved from NH and we literally zoomed in here after pulling our son from all his friends.. he met Mr Hoyt at a week b4 school started and he took time to meet with us after the doors technically were closed. He made my son so comfortable! He said hey mom..i really like it here! I'll be o-k!

Posted October 22, 2008
Amazing school! Great teachers and the dedication is amazing.

Posted June 02, 2007
I have never seen such dedication from a group of teachers and administrators as I have seen here at Cashman Elementary. My 9 and 7 year old boys enjoy telling me about their studies on a daily basis. There is hands on learning here. This school is so great that the kids are friendly with the custodial staff and they know these children by name. There is a great sense of community here in Amesbury and especially at Cashman Elementary. Peter Hoyt is an excellent educator and I feel fortunate that my children have attended this school under his tenure.

Posted February 02, 2007

Posted February 09, 2005
My 11 year old is now at the middle school, while the 8 year old is still at Cashman. I am a teacher, and appreciate both the problems experienced by teachers, and how ineffective teachers can hamper a child. However, I am constantly amazed at how good a job the teachers at the Cashman do. My thanks to all of the teachers who put so much of your lives into this school. Their work is greatly appreciated!

Posted March 04, 2004
Both my 4 year old and 7 year old attend this school and we have been extreamly pleased since day 0ne. My son (4) needs Speech Therepy and OT and the PreSchool program has provided this for him as well as a warm and safe and encouraging environment. He is thriving wonderfully here. This is my daughters 2nd year here. Three quarters through kindergarten last year and she was reading! Now in 3rd quarter of first grade, she's reading at a 3rd quarter second grade level. And her math skills, wow! What more can I say. It's wonderful.

Charles C Cashman Elementary
193 Lions Mouth Rd, Amesbury, MA  01913
Last modified Charles C Cashman Elementary is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles C Cashman Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top