PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

St. Augustine Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2016
After 1 year our family decided to leave this school and found a home at another private school in North Andover. We were attracted to this school from some of the ratings we have seen here - and through passing comments we heard made. Unfortunately, the negative aspects reared their ugly heads fairly quickly here - and most are already noted on this site ( money, cliques, favoritism, and the sense that one family in particular practically 'runs' the school) We did try to address it professionally once - but it quickly fell on deaf ears. Fortunately, we had the means and smarts to move on and have never looked back - and based on our experience, never will.

St. Augustine Elementary School 5

Posted March 01, 2016
I have been a part of this school community for many years and there are truly not enough good things to say. When I am given the opportunity to talk about St. Augustine School, I am filled with pride knowing that my family is part of a school filled with faith, love, and academic excellence. From the principal, to the teachers, to the parents, and most importantly the students, this school lives out its mission on a daily basis. It is evident in the classrooms, on the basketball court, on the playground, and everywhere else. The sense of community starts with the Principal and is seen throughout the entire school. I have never been a witness to more dedication, selflessness, and passion than is evident with the Principal herself. Under her leadership St. Augustine has not only continued to be a prestigious school, but it has exceeded all expectations. She has led the fundraising efforts that have put a new gymnasium and a new Early Childhood Center on that campus. Her vision and hard work to back it up are commendable. I feel blessed and honored to be a part of a community where that passion is present in a leader. Her relentless effort and dedication both deserve to be noted. From the moment you walk in the school, you will certainly feel God's presence. St. Augustine School continues to amaze me, many years after I first stepped foot in the front door.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted February 08, 2016
I have seen first hand that this does not happen - and would need a full steno book to list the examples.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 05, 2016
They talk a good game, but never deliver - it s all based on smoke screen "actions" that have no affect.

St. Augustine Elementary School 1

Posted February 05, 2016
As a parent of two children at this school, I have to say I'll be glad when its over. As other posters have noted - this is an expensive school that basically teaches common core - and that's it. Furthermore - the school is a money pit. Your "rank" as a student (and therefore parent as well) is based on your wallet - period. Is your child a troublemaker or bully? First question is - how much money have you given us? If its enough - your child's behavior will e overlooked and given some type of excuse. If you haven't given enough....well, get ready for a heavy dose of discipline. The principals daughter and husband also both work here - which is weird - its like the family runs the school. If one doesn't like you - then they ALL dislike you. And the families sense of entitlement is beyond belief. Lastly - some of the catty moms and cliques are brutal - you have a suggestion? Well, unless you're in the clique - or have donated enough money - you're better off keeping your mouth shut. Most other posters have said it well - this school is a money based, social ranked, clique based group of people that have a little group going with the principal and family. Once these people and their kids get back into the real world - they'll be doomed.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted November 03, 2015
Saying it - and doing it are two different things - in other words the school ACTIONS speak louder than their WORDS.

St. Augustine Elementary School 2

Posted November 03, 2015
The school is average - better if you can find ways (and there are many!) to continue to give money, more money - and more money. And- please donate as much of your personal time as well - and, unless you are ALSO part of the 'money' crowd - you will not be appreciated - just expected to do it. Try to get the principal to call you back? Good Luck. And - as another poster listed - if you want to pay extra for your child to learn Common Core lesson is Math etc - well - good luck. Many better alternatives for private school in the area - I would highly suggest looking elsewhere.

St. Augustine Elementary School 2

Posted March 24, 2015
I have a third grader here. This is the second year in a row we've been told not to expect good scores on our standard tests. Last year they told us this, and told us we would catch up this year. I guess not. I've talked to parents with older kids, and they were never told that before last year. Must be due to change in curriculum because I've been told that we've used the same standard test for quite a few years. I don't care if it's common core, or whatever. I don't know anything other than if my kid is failing it's the schools fault. And more than one year and I feel robbed. I'm not here for community or feeling good. My kids can go to public and do the same or better. And community feel? Pffftt. I've seen more cattiness back stabbing from the moms here than I did in andover high school when I was a teen. Currently shopping around and may go public. Same or better education quality for no tuition.

St. Augustine Elementary School 3

Posted May 19, 2014
I heard some parents talking about a review they disagreed with on this site about our school, so I came on and looked at it. This is our first year in this school, and as a working mom and dad, we've been overall satisfied this year, but will continue to watch the curriculum due to the post below. However, a lot of the posts about the community and family feel of the school leave me confused. Maybe as a first year parent, I'm not as in tune, but is a certain clique of parents that are very involved, and if a parent has different ideas on anything big or small, those parents often get bad mouthed or excluded socially. I volunteered in small positions a few times this year and felt a bit left out. Maybe because I work and don't really know a lot of people, don't know. I've heard some parents talk about others behind their backs. Due to this and a busy work schedule, I won't be as involved next year. I guess you can find this at any school, but the message of community just didn't seem to reflect my experience there this year. Maybe it will change next year. It really turned me off. Other than that, we're happy for the time being with the school as a whole.

St. Augustine Elementary School 5

Posted April 29, 2014
St. Augustine is a wonderful school that is a pleasure to teach at. The students always rise to the occasion. I especially loved the Stations of the Cross that the 8th Grade Class of 2014 presented. What a beautiful heart felt tribute to God.

26 Central Street, Andover, MA  01810
Last modified St. Augustine Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8