PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 05, 2016
They talk a good game, but never deliver - it s all based on smoke screen "actions" that have no affect.

St. Augustine Elementary School 1

Posted February 05, 2016
As a parent of two children at this school, I have to say I'll be glad when its over. As other posters have noted - this is an expensive school that basically teaches common core - and that's it. Furthermore - the school is a money pit. Your "rank" as a student (and therefore parent as well) is based on your wallet - period. Is your child a troublemaker or bully? First question is - how much money have you given us? If its enough - your child's behavior will e overlooked and given some type of excuse. If you haven't given enough....well, get ready for a heavy dose of discipline. The principals daughter and husband also both work here - which is weird - its like the family runs the school. If one doesn't like you - then they ALL dislike you. And the families sense of entitlement is beyond belief. Lastly - some of the catty moms and cliques are brutal - you have a suggestion? Well, unless you're in the clique - or have donated enough money - you're better off keeping your mouth shut. Most other posters have said it well - this school is a money based, social ranked, clique based group of people that have a little group going with the principal and family. Once these people and their kids get back into the real world - they'll be doomed.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted November 03, 2015
Saying it - and doing it are two different things - in other words the school ACTIONS speak louder than their WORDS.

St. Augustine Elementary School 2

Posted November 03, 2015
The school is average - better if you can find ways (and there are many!) to continue to give money, more money - and more money. And- please donate as much of your personal time as well - and, unless you are ALSO part of the 'money' crowd - you will not be appreciated - just expected to do it. Try to get the principal to call you back? Good Luck. And - as another poster listed - if you want to pay extra for your child to learn Common Core lesson is Math etc - well - good luck. Many better alternatives for private school in the area - I would highly suggest looking elsewhere.

St. Augustine Elementary School 2

Posted March 24, 2015
I have a third grader here. This is the second year in a row we've been told not to expect good scores on our standard tests. Last year they told us this, and told us we would catch up this year. I guess not. I've talked to parents with older kids, and they were never told that before last year. Must be due to change in curriculum because I've been told that we've used the same standard test for quite a few years. I don't care if it's common core, or whatever. I don't know anything other than if my kid is failing it's the schools fault. And more than one year and I feel robbed. I'm not here for community or feeling good. My kids can go to public and do the same or better. And community feel? Pffftt. I've seen more cattiness back stabbing from the moms here than I did in andover high school when I was a teen. Currently shopping around and may go public. Same or better education quality for no tuition.

St. Augustine Elementary School 3

Posted May 19, 2014
I heard some parents talking about a review they disagreed with on this site about our school, so I came on and looked at it. This is our first year in this school, and as a working mom and dad, we've been overall satisfied this year, but will continue to watch the curriculum due to the post below. However, a lot of the posts about the community and family feel of the school leave me confused. Maybe as a first year parent, I'm not as in tune, but is a certain clique of parents that are very involved, and if a parent has different ideas on anything big or small, those parents often get bad mouthed or excluded socially. I volunteered in small positions a few times this year and felt a bit left out. Maybe because I work and don't really know a lot of people, don't know. I've heard some parents talk about others behind their backs. Due to this and a busy work schedule, I won't be as involved next year. I guess you can find this at any school, but the message of community just didn't seem to reflect my experience there this year. Maybe it will change next year. It really turned me off. Other than that, we're happy for the time being with the school as a whole.

Posted April 29, 2014
St. Augustine is a wonderful school that is a pleasure to teach at. The students always rise to the occasion. I especially loved the Stations of the Cross that the 8th Grade Class of 2014 presented. What a beautiful heart felt tribute to God.

Posted January 18, 2014
I am a current parent of two of St. Augustine's finest. We have been members of this amazing school community for six years. Our first and lasting impression happened with our first meeting with the nursery teacher. Since then the dedication, knowledge and caring of each subsequent teacher has only increased. This school is not only a place where my boys go to learn to read and write but also a place where their morals and ethics are valued and further nurtured. We pledge alliance and we pray. We champion each other and we pick each other up when we are down. This mentality is fostered from the administration through the students and back to the parents. We are a team with the goal of creating the future leaders of our great nation. If you are looking for a quality education and a community of caring parents and staff - you have found it .

Posted January 15, 2014
I am a parent of a current student at St. Augustine and I and my child could not be happier at this school. This school is truly a community with caring teachers, administration and parents. I strongly disagree with the statement posted on jun 4th. I am unaware of any ill effects that my child has suffered due to this common core. In fact I have seen the opposite my child has been challenged to think about the answers to problems instead of memorization. I feel the change has been good. The school I feel is very challenging and rigorous. In addition to the academics my child is learning right from wrong and learning that there are consequences for actions. Morals and discipline are very much a part of the children's day to day life at the school. This you will not find at a public school in any town! I would recommend St. Augustine's to anyone who wants a top notch eduction for their child!

Posted January 15, 2014
St Augustine is a very fairly priced parochial school with all the characteristics of the best schools in the nation; a caring staff, small class size, and one of the most committed school administrations a parent can find. I have had my children in top-rated private schools in Florida and New York City and St A's compares with these schools at a fraction of the cost. The school has been an Andover institution for 100 years, literally, and a large portion of the student body is made up of children of St A's alumni. I would suggest to the parent who made the Jan 9 comment that if she doesn't like how St. A's is run that she pick a school she likes better and move on rather than allow personal vendetta against the common core sully the reputation of a great school. New families should take the time to visit the school, talk to the faculty, staff and even children so they assess the quality of St. A's for themselves.

26 Central Street, Andover, MA  01810
Last modified St. Augustine Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Augustine Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top