PK-5 & Ungraded
Andover, MA

Posted February 02, 2014
I honestly think this is one of the best elementary schools out there. My 4th and 5th grade teacher was absolutely amazing and is still teaching 5th grade. There is a lot of diversity and it is always fun to come to school. I never had any problems that were too serious or that couldn't be handled by just asking a teacher. The teachers and parents are always willing to help and I don't think there is a better school in this district for your kids to attend. - submitted by a high school student

Posted October 08, 2013
The teachers are amazing! Very friendly, knowledgeable, strong focus on academics and extra curricular activities!

Posted June 03, 2007
My eldest has been at West for 4 years now and he has an IEP. The quality of his education has been excellent. The support that he has received has been incredible and the SPED team has never hesitated to add on a service when needed, do additional testing, or to pull together a team meeting to discuss an issue. They are phenomenal. The teaching staff is fantastic and has always worked hard to help my son. The school, although large, has a feeling of being one big family. You see many parents volunteering daily as they are an integral part of the school's success. My son takes, art, media, two music classes (strings & regular music), health and probably more I'm forgetting. Many classes are offered before & after school - chorus,chess,French,Spanish, Italian, knitting. There are Health & Wellness nights w/speakers. You can't beat this place!

West Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2007
My child was a transfer student to West Elementary School this year. After having a horrible experience in another district last year, my child lost confidence and self esteem. After just a few words, my child received a spectacular teacher, a wonderful environment that not only renewed her confidence and self esteem, but helped her to flourish in her new environment. My child loves school this year! Even though there is a large student body, there is a small town feel to the school. Every pupil is known by name and parent participation is encouraged. What a great feeling to know your child is getting a good education and a wonderful environment in which to learn. I would highly recommend West Elementary to any parent who wants academics, a wonderful support system and great teachers!

West Elementary School
58 Beacon St, Andover, MA  01810
Last modified West Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top