K-8|Private

Bad
Good

We sent our daughter to the full day pre-K program and were very happy with it. The quality of the instruction was good and we felt that our daughter progressed a lot over the course of the year. Its a nurturing, inclusive, and caring environment. Our only complaint is the drop-off situation as the road behind the school can get very chaotic in the morning at drop-off time, especially during winter.

Unfortunately we had only major problems with Saint Agnes School in Arlington. We are pulling out our children from this school just so she is safe!

This school has been a God-send for my family! My children switched the St Agnes from the public school, and the change in my children has been amazing. The academics are far superior to the public school, and they have made wonderful friends and, for the first time, LOVE school! Thank you does not seem enough.

My daughter had a horrible experience at St. Agnes. The staff did not respond to the threat that was made on her life. She was the victim of a horrible case of bullying and the response from the school was to suspend my daughter for seeking help at the guidance counselor. I removed my daughter from the school and it took 2 full days before the principal contacted me. The bully in this case was not punished in the least bit. The victim in this case ( my daughter ) was forced to leave school and go to a new school in March. Right in the middle of the year! Parents, do your research about this school. Arlington Patch and the Arlington Police Logs from March 2011. Giving this school 1 star is a stretch for me.

My daughter is in kindergarten at St. Agnes and we couldn't be happier. From the warm welcome to new familiies at the end of year ice cream social to the numerous events throughout the year, the school has a real sense of community. Yes, there are shiny, new public schools in the area, but don't let the older physical plant of St. Agnesput you off- this is an excellent learning environment. My daughter's teacher is enthusiastic about teaching and has a terrific rapport with the students. From science Fridays to a class pet, she is always finding new ways to engage the children. The small class sizes allow the teachers to give children more individualized attention. Spanish, music, computer, gym and library are part of the curriculum and complement the literacy, writing and math centers. I love that the uniform eliminates fighting over what to wear in the morning! The convenience of the Fidelity House after school program on the same campus is a boon to working parents. Children from public schools attend Fidelity house too, so your child may spend time with some neighborhood friends as well. I recommend this school wholeheartedly and encourage you to consider it.

Saint Agnes School has a family friendly atmosphere. The students are enthusiastic and very welcoming of new students. The faculty is dedicated and enthusiastic. The programs offered go beyond the basics to include Spanish (K-8), Latin (7-8), Computer, Legos and Robotics, Art, Music, and Gym. There are also outstanding after school clubs, such as Band, Quiz Bowl, Golf and Ski Club, Students Council, St. A's Angels Choir, and beginning this year, St. Agnes TV Productions. But the bottom line is what make Saint Agnes School as very special place is the students, parents and teachers. As one 6th new student once said.' Saint Agnes School isn't just a school, its a family.'

The faculty, staff and students are all very considerate and welcoming. They care about your son or daughter's education and they treat everyone with respect.

Be wary when applying. Drop off and pickup procedures are not geared towards safety, only what is convenient for the administration. Questions are answered in a 'run around' fashion. I would not feel safe sending my child here.

We opted to send our son to St. Agnes because we wanted him to learn in an environment that focused on academics, as well as respect for self and others. His experiences here have exceeded our expectations. We've experienced small class sizes, committed teachers, and a rich and varied curriculum designed to keep a child excited about learning. In addition, each family is encouraged to participate in which ever way is appropriate for them. My volunteer work here has enriched my life in ways I didn't expect. The bonus for our family is that the other St. Agnes families we've met have the same philosophy towards education. It feels like the same messages are being reinforced to our son at home, at school, and when he's on playdates with his friends. You can't ask for more than that! P.S. Can I tell you how much I love the uniform? No distractions!

Last modified St Agnes School is a Private school that serves grades K-8