Arlington, MA

Germaine Lawrence 4

Posted November 10, 2014
I am a former student. First off, I must remind the readers that GL is a place for adolescents to go when they are unable to function in a normal setting. With that being said, each "house" has girls in it that are in different levels of academia. Meaning the teachers try their best to teach each student at their level while also dealing with their behavioral and mental diagnoses. I attended GL two separate times and each time the teachers did their utmost best to provide an excellent learning environment for us. With any placement that has students dealing with extreme issues there are flaws & problems within the design that are learning experiences for all involved. But I have never met a teacher or staff member there that wasn't supportive or caring when it came to their students. I had been in & out of other places and GL was the first that helped me get back on track with my education. The girls need to want to learn in order for their education to prosper. No one can blame the teachers for lack of trying because daily they did try & often after being verbally & physically assaulted by their students. This is a great for those willing to learn & grow- but only if they want to.

Germaine Lawrence 1

Posted November 14, 2011
This is a residential facility designated for adolescents that struggle with various emotional and behavioral disturbances. Please, do not send your child here. I was a "student" at this "school" and the trauma I endured here was horrific. The guidelines state that I'm not allowed to alledge any criminal conduct on this review, but hopefully I'm making it clear that this is not a suitable environment for children, especially girls.

Germaine Lawrence 1

Posted February 26, 2010
Germaine Lawrence was an accredited school, but yet I have sat in on a class there and was very upset at the lack of learning that occured. My occupation is a teacher at alternative high schools and this school was worse than the schools I taught at in both education and tolerance. I would strongly suggest sending your child to Arlington High nearby.

Germaine Lawrence 0

Posted April 24, 2005
- a former student
First of all I want to say that I'm not a parent but I went to this school. the teachers were great and I enjoyed going to shcool there. when I went to this school my teacher was Rebecca Altepeter. she was really suportive and challenge me. I have to say that she was one of the most influential people in my life.

Germaine Lawrence 2