Bad
Good

Ayer Shirley Regional High School 1

Posted July 01, 2016
First of all! Let me just say this school has been the worst school I've ever been to! It's chaos! The teachers choose favorites, some treat us like little kids and some of them have the I don't care you figure it out kind of attitude! A lot of the students here are snobby, rude, petty and can start drama quickly! And if your trying to get help with something whether it's bullying, harassment, or even the littlest thing they can easily fix you will get this "Well we can't do much unless we have a witness!" Who does that?? Let their child keep on feeling depressed and feeling anxious when it can be easily dealt with! Even if your trying to resolve a problem with your child's needs and academics, the school try's to find excuses for them to not do that because their trying to save money! The only nice part about ASRHS is the Music/Arts Boosters!! Very down to earth people! But the rest of the school is not the best! If your child has any kind of Anxiety or Panic disorder, Depression, ADHD or ADD, then I would not, I repeat NOT pick this school! It will make them feel worse! I cannot wait to graduate! - Student

Ayer Shirley Regional High School 5

Posted August 18, 2013
Page Hill Top Elementary and Ayer Shirley Middle and High schools have been a great for my children so far. As an educator myself in a very competitive school system (top 5 in the state), I look well beyond test scores to evaluate the experience for my family. Ayer is rich in diversity, both economically and culturally, which brings the real world closer to my kids. Since regionalization, the academics have been more challenging for those who need challenge and for those who need more support, that has been improved as well. The HS building left much to be desired but is already part way through a major renovation and addition, which will improve course and extra curricular offerings as well as the delivery of instruction even more. Very happy!

Posted August 11, 2009
I attend Ayer High School , have since preschool I am now entering the 10th grade. I Believe our school is great. They do everything to make you feel like your a part of the school. Everyone knows eachother and its a great atmosphere. I love our diversity being a young latina, i feel comfortable for who i am as a person. Ayer high is a great expirence and i recommend anyone to come .

Posted May 24, 2009
I would rate it a zero if there is such, other wise an overall rating is 1. I would not recommend this school for any high school student. Currently I have a child attending and the child can not wait to leave the school. I would advise any parent before they would consider enrolling there child that they would fully check out the school.

Posted May 21, 2009
Ayer middle high school is not great from a students veiw many teachers pick and choose favorites.

Posted June 06, 2008
I beleive that Ayer Middle School is an average to un-average school. It is half-way descent. I know the school can do a better job. The eighth grade team by far is the best group of teachers.

Ayer Shirley Regional High School 3

Posted June 06, 2008
I think ayer middle school is an ok school its not the wrost but its not the best school.

Ayer Shirley Regional High School 1

Posted October 06, 2006
Ayer High School has been one of the worst experiences my daughter has ever been through. Please don't do that to your child, keep them away from that horrible school. The faculty treats their students as if they were young children. Ridiculous. Ayer does not prepare teens to go on to college, nevermind provides them with a small and unhealthy lunch.

Ayer Shirley Regional High School 3

Posted June 08, 2005
I think the school system is ok. It is not as amazing as everyone says, but you do get a good education. I have to agree with the person who said that the 8th grade team is great, because I had them and they were my favorite teachers. Parents are really involved which is a good thing. They help us raise money. We have extracurricular activities, but I think there should be more of them.

Ayer Shirley Regional High School 5

Posted January 13, 2005
I finally had the chance to visit my cousin's school, which is the Ayer high school. Since I'm from another country I was a little afraid of getting dissapointed, because, of course I had my hopes really high, as u normally do when you go abroad. But when I got there I knew I was at the right place. Everyone, the staff, the teachers and the students welcomed me as I was one of them and the atmosphere was so comfortable, that I did not want to go home after all. I truely believe these young students can make a difference in the world after graduation, because they learn to be true to themselves and help each other, which makes the Ayer high school above the other.

141 Washington Street, Ayer, MA  01432
Last modified Ayer Shirley Regional High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.