Bad
Good

There is one thing that parents need to know about this school and that is that it is an all female educator school and has been so for many years. I have had three children go through this school from 1997 till 2012 and beyond and I have noticed that there have been NO male educators hired ????? Maybe 1 or 2 in 22yrs if that????? Our children deserve the right to be educated by both male and female educators...... If you live in this Town and believe your children should be educated by both male and female educators you should inquire about this discrepency by contacting the Superintendant of Schools of the Town of Berkley

Excellent teachers they are really nice and I've liked all of my teachers there.

When it was time for my children to go to school, I moved back home to Berkley so that they could receive the same outstanding education that I did. Berkley has high standards for the teachers as well as the students. The staff and administration are very approachable and in my experience, all concerns are taken as priority. When we have needed any extra help, they have stepped right up and offerred it. This was the best move we could have ever done for our children.

BCS is a great school, its small, safe and issues of conflict are immediately addressed.it is a community focused school . no we dont have a lot of extra-curricular activites, but we have a lot of get togehters so we can meet our kids friends and their parents. our town has league sports which is inexpensive and fun. we also have scouting and numerous town activites. surround care is excellent and the kids love it. i have yet to have any problem with this school.

BCS has exceeded my expectations. Teachers and staff are very enthusiastic about helping children excel and keeping parents informed and involved along the way. Class size has not been an issue for me over the last 3 years. There are sports teams that are run through the town - not the school - that way all children can play. There is also a DI program and other specialized extracurricular programs during the year. Being a small town, we do sacrifice having an abundance of extracurricular activities, but we have the benefit of a more tightly-knit feeling of community. Both of my boys have loved their teachers and the fun yet disciplined environment in which they are taught. There is a strong emphasis on personal responsibility and respect. So far, my experience with BCS has been great.

My daughter attends BCS and the teacher to student ratio does not seem right. I feel that the community isn't interested in adding extracurricular activities and that makes me wonder if I should change to a new school district. There are no sport teams at the school that I know of. I think students in small communities get cheated compared to larger communities. When I moved to Berkley I thought that a smaller town and school would be better but now I'm second guessing my situation.

Last modified Berkley Community School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.