No rating

East Boston Central Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 40 students

Living in Boston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $235,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Posted May 10, 2012

As a parent, I could not be happier with this school. My son has learned so much this year and is eager to get up in the morning and go to EBCCS!

Posted May 19, 2011

I'm also a former student tf EBCCS, and I feel that academically, and spiritually, it is the best option for anyone in the Boston area. From EBCCS I went to Malden Catholic, and I was extremely well prepared. The teachers at EBCCS are excellent, the learning experience is very comprehensive since the class sizes are small, and not only did I advance academically, I learned how to be a gentlemen. At EBCCS you won't last if you don't have character and discipline, and I think a lack of discipline is quite evident in the long winded negative review of the school, based on the fact that there are so many things spelled wrong. Without a doubt, EBCCS has been (for over 100 years), is, and will be one of the best grade schools in Boston.

Posted January 19, 2011

I am a student from EBCCS and Honestly worst experience ever. They didn't prepare me for high school. When I got to high school most of my classmates who had gone to a public school where way more prepared then I was. All their main focus was on respect, basically assuming a parents job. Students should be taught mainly on academics not respect. I m not saying it's a bad thing their teaching respect but they focus way too much on that by giving out detentions for any little thing and yelling at us for simple miss understandings. I felt the teachers were overly strict and I would not recommend this school to anybody.

Posted September 8, 2010

EBCCS is a caring school community. The school staff is superb! The school challenges it's students academically while teaching them the values of compassion and personal responsibility.

Posted July 14, 2008

I love this wonder school and the teachers are just amazing. My children Avery and Cameron are just enjoying learning and going to school each and everyday. I'm even planning on sending my twins there also. Love this school.

Posted June 10, 2007

I have been a parent is EBCCS for 11 years. My daughter is going into the 8th grade and I am broken hearted to think this is my last year. My childern as well as myself have made wonderful friends and a new family within EBCCS. The staff is caring and kind always looking out for what is best for the children. My older daughter is now entering into 10th grade and the foundation she recieved from EBCCS made it easier for her during her first year in High School. This school provides a exceptional academic foundation along with moral values which in this day and age is very hard to find. I would highly recommend this school to anyone. Thank you EBCCS for all your caring and devotion to my childern.

Posted March 1, 2007

I think the principal is way to mean to the kids.My kid came home crying one day.I don't think it is that good of a school.

Posted January 26, 2007

What I think of EBCCS is that it is the greatest school for both of my children. The staff are wonderful and so is the education. EBCCS is the greatest school you could go to.

Posted June 4, 2004

I have two children currently enrolled at EBCCS and I have been very happy with their education thus far. While no school is perfect, I know that if I have an issue I can discuss it with my children's teachers and/or the principal and be heard. One of my children did begin his education at a public school and I find the education he is receiving at EBCCS to be better. He was actually a little behind when he first entered, but due to caring teachers he has caught up and is doing well. The teachers also stay for extra help sessions every week. I must respectfully disagree with the previous reviewer when he/she states that EBCCS students are not prepared for public high school...most of the students receivng FULL BU scholarships last year attended EBCCS. I would definitely say I am pleased with my children's education at EBCCS!

Posted February 23, 2004

Although I was pleased with the school when we first attended, I was quickly disappointed in the teaching staff. EBCCS assumes the role of parent all too much. Their gym/music teacher is not qualified and is more than not rude to the students, talking street talk in a Catholic school. To me, is unacceptable. Detentions are given out freely for minor issues, ones that could be dealt with on a teacher/parent level. Although the curriculum in relation to other Catholic schools, I have noticed is higher, the comparison to public school is not. Most students who leave EBCCS are not prepared for public high school. I haveI no hard feelings for all the staff, just a chosen few.

Posted August 10, 2003

I have 3 children that are students at EBCCS. The Teachers, Principal and staff are wonderful with all the students. The Education,discipline, and overall care the children are getting you will not find in another school. Great parent involvement. If you want the best education , discipline , and over all safety for you children EBCCS is the place to be. Ask any past students like me or there children that the send how much love and fun they will find at EBCCS......

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Boston

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

69 London Street