Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Better to prepare out children...smaller class sizes, teachers are great, focus is on children succeeding academically..parent involvement required.

I have seen the change my son has made after entering this school and I am very happy!! They show them discipline, integrity, honesty and how to succeed to enter college and graduate!! What parent can't be happy with that?

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have to disagree with the comment below! My child is ADHD, he entered the school for the 2014-2015 school year with an IEP and finished with a 504. My child with his condition worked very hard and received much help from the teachers which he never received at other schools including Metco Lexington (rated top best school in MA) from which I removed him. His hardwork paid off, he made it to the honor roll and stayed in honor roll the whole year. I do believe that the school needs to be a little more lenient with kids who suffer from hyperactive behavior. Removing them from the classroom for anything can damage the way they look at themselves but then we as parents should also understand that the others kids needs to learn and teachers need to teach. I am very happy with the school, I have seen my son do things that he never did before at other schools, like the all A's and Bs which give him a sense of feeling proud. My son worked very hard and I know at times he says the school curriculum is a little hard but he manages to succeed and at the end he feels happy, proud, accomplished! Sometimes we have to push our children a bit to help them succeed in this cruel world, we have to work with the teachers to make this possible! not leave everything to them. Have a great day!!!

Amount of homework: Disagree

A lot of work throughout! But it's good for the kids! I as a parent like it!

my son has attended this school since the day they open their doors. I was happy he got it, but after 2.5 years i have come to realize this school is not the right school for kids with ADHD or learning disability.. My child failing and yet he not getting the proper help he should be getting.. if you child is on an IEP or has a 504 plan this is not the school for you

My daughter has just finished her 3rd quarter of her 5th grade year at RPC. the Mission Hill campus is now 5-8th grade and there will be a HS that the students will be able to feed into in 2 yrs (2015-2016). there are so many positive things about this school it is hard to pick just one. the teachers are great with the kids and they are there for the students if they need extra tutoring help. the school is more academically rigorous than my daughters other school in JP, so she isn't as bored as she used to be. there is also much more discipline which is great because it keeps the kids on task and ready to learn. because the school gets some corp. funding they are able to give the students incentives to work their hardest. field trips for making honor roll are one way. the school isn't very ethnically diverse, and even though my daughter is a minority at RPC she has had far fewer instances of bullying here.i think one of the only things i would change doesn't even really involve the school. on the RPC website run by uncommon schools they compare the MCAS scores of RPC students to "MA white students"! Really? i thought we were trying to teach kids not to think like that!

Last modified Roxbury Preparatory Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.