Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

I feel that the teachers do a very good job but the principal needs to be replaced...she does not look at both sides of situations with students and is very condescending with parents

The principal (Ms. Gant) is very rude to parents and even to her own staff.

I absolutely love this school! I have 1 son that graduated from tynan to middle school, and 2 sons that currently attend and are in Autism strand classes. The teachers go out of their way to care for their students needs, and foster a love of learning. My boys love their former teachers just as much as their current ones. I can not say enough about how truly wonderful the teachers, paraprofessionals, and therapists are in the autism classes!! We have been truly blessed to have such a wonderful school. The school is like an extended family, as a school should be, and their communication is excellent. The principal really loves the kids, she is very hands on and approachable to them. She organizes amazing things for the kids and families alongside teachers and staff, including, but not limited to, adding dance, and vocal music for all students this year. I will say bus issues are happening with all BPS schools and have been for years. That is not a tynan issue, it's a parenting issue. The school can only do so much when children are not there 24 hours a day. Parents need to step up! Some kids aren't being raised at home to have respect for themselves and others.

I am very disappointed with this school and the principle and how she deals with different things. The only reason why I am rating this school is because of my sons teacher is unbelievable!! The school itself I have nothing really good to say about it.!!! The discipline matter is a joke!! The bus and bus monitors are a joke!!! Stop bussing kids, keep kids in their own neighborhoods!!!! I am so over this school and school year!!! I do not recommend this school to anyone!! It kills me to send him their every day but he has no choice in the matter cuz they bus kids!!!!!! Parents need to teach their kids morals and discipline!! These kids that are picking on my child need to grow up and pick on someone their on size or age and see what happens. Parents need to teach their kids the number one rule in life.. Treat others as you would like to be treated...

The teachers are awesome! They love the students so much that its a feeling that they carry on for the rest of their lives... I still remember all my teachers from this school and love them so much. They made me care so much about education.

I love the Tynan School because the teachers and the principal care so much about the students. At the Tynan, the students come first! We are always looking out for the academic, emotional, and social needs of our students. Our students are the best!

The kids are happy and are learning

Last modified Tynan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.