Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted November 25, 2015
My daughter has been in the Kenny since playgroup. In her K2 class was great, the teacher was wonderful got my child out of her shell. Now in 1st grade she is doing great. Her teachers are always there to talk to when you need them too. Principle Bryan is great, you can see her walking around or at dismissal. I love the new shirt (uniform) policy, the kids look great, make the school more united. Overall I'm happy with the school the staff and the Principal.

Kenny Elementary School 4

Posted November 25, 2015
My second grader has been at the Kenny since K1. All four years he has had teachers that are great instructors, who are adaptive to his learning needs, and are strong parent communicators. In the last year these teachers have been joined by a number of new, experienced and energetic teachers and most importantly a new principal who is committed to moving the school forward. The Kenny has a small, but greatly appreciated, before school program that operates from 8 AM to 9:20. Bell operates in the afternoon from 3:30 - 6 with more resources than in past years. The principal is committed to bringing new resources and partners (City Connects, BOKS, Boston Bikes) into the school to provide additional supports and opportunities. Also, despite the important emphasis on raising academic achievement levels, the Kenny remains committed to supporting the creative and performance arts.

Posted November 25, 2015
We had our 1st and 2nd grader transferred to the Kenny from another Boston Public School and we couldn't be happier. Both my kids are more content at school and love it at the Kenny. Principal Bryan is great and has truly changed the school and the atmosphere there from when I used to take my kids to playgroup a few years back. My son who is in 2nd loves his teacher, who took it upon herself to challenge him and we all love that she sends weekly updates as to what they will be working on that week. I also appreciate that she lets us know when they will be taking a test and sends home practice sheets so that we can prepare him at home. My daughter who is in 1st grade just loves both her teachers; she is happy that they challenge her and from the first day she was transferred to the Kenny she was welcomed. They went from hating music class at their old school to loving it at the Kenny because they actually get to do rather than watch. We have only been at the Kenny since the end of Sept. but I know great things will be coming forth from here on out and know that both Principal Bryan are her staff are working hard to teach our kids; they all welcomed my kids with open arms and are friendly with all of us. I also love that they have a newsletter and Principal Bryan tries to keep parents as updated as possible to what is happening at school from the fall festival to early dismissals. I feel that the Kenny will go from being a good school to a great school with the support of the Kenny staff and parents as well as the community as a whole.

Posted November 25, 2015
I am the parent of a preK student this year, and we are having a wonderful experience. The new principal has infused the school with a breath of fresh air, and there is great energy and hope for the future of the Kenny. Parents of older students have said it's like night and day.

Posted September 25, 2015
I was a student at this school and this place was awesome for me.The teachers are awesome and the education for the place is advanced for kids that are smart and average for kids that are not in the league with the smart people! I would go to this school if I was you.

Kenny Elementary School 3

Posted March 16, 2013
My child is in grade 2 this year, and we are sending our second child next year to K1, but only because of the relationships I have built with the teaching staff, and it is one of the few schools with a population that reflects my kids' reality (they're multiracial). Some teachers are brilliant, some not so much, and one I am vocally and highly critical of. They tend not to know how to consistently communicate with families (there's a test?!?), but do pick up the slack when I approach them individually. The administration comes across as dismissive and ineffective, unwilling to hear concerns or help us get something as basic as an adult to monitor kids before school, especially important as the promised before school program does not actually exist. The 9:15 start is a challenge, especially in winter for walking kids. I love the new teaching staff, so far, and appreciate all the extra stuff like art, music, and formal gym for all the grades. Report cards are difficult to interpret, and the home school connection is a joke. Hopefully, my kids' friends' parents want to continue sending their kids to the Kenny.

Kenny Elementary School 1

Posted November 27, 2012
My child is a 1st grader here. His teacher Ms. Decembre is great with the parents. The children respect her. I can talk to her before or after school if need be. The principle, Ms. Federspiel and her administrative staff come off very unconcerned. While under a school supervision, A parent of another 1st grader approached my child upon dismissal and yelled at him. It turned out to be a misunderstanding. I wanted to discuss this issue with the parent and the principle. The principle honestly stated that "we do not do get involved with conflict between parents. The teachers work with the children in class to resolve conflicts between students only.' Why would a principle dismiss a parent and leave serious matters like this up to the teachers to handle? Also, The Kenny is said to have a before school program with Generations Inc. but it doesn't offer a before school program at all. The after-school with the Bell Foundation offers very limited space. The school is very small, you'd think they'd have more ties to community resources. With a 9:30 am start time, This school offers no resources to working families. Parents rely on neighbors for before and after school care.

Kenny Elementary School 1

Posted March 07, 2011
If a great school is a school that has good teachers, a friendly community, and challenging academics, then this school is doing a very poor job. The teachers fails to explain anything to the students regarding their homework and would often even make incorrect statements and corrections on the homework themselves. My child continuously complain about the lack of enthusiasm from the teachers who should do a better job in setting a good example for the students to follow by. The principal shows lack of leadership and does not engage in any activity to try to make the school a better place to learn in.

Kenny Elementary School 3

Posted August 04, 2009
i used to go to this school. they thought my sister and i how to read,write, and speak english. they are very nice and generous. the teachers never gave up on nobody if it takes the whole period they'll explain the material to you. because of their patiens im going to Boston Latin Academy.

Kenny Elementary School
19 Oakton Avenue, Boston, MA  02122
Last modified Kenny Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.