No rating

Holy Name Parish School

Private | PK-6 | 93 students

Living in Boston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $356,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,360.

Posted September 14, 2011

I have been associated with Holy Name Parish School for over 20 years, as both my children are graduates. Now, my granddaughters are students. This school's curriculum and faculty provide an exceptional blend of academic development, encouragement of moral virtues and sense of community; giving the students a great foundation to build on.

Posted November 6, 2009

My son has been in Holy Name for 8 years, and loves to go to school every morning. The teacher's are so dedicated, and the principal and vice principal are the best, and know every student. There is such a great sense of community with our events. My son has been taught academics as well as the importance of acts of kindness, morals, and virtues. I am also a proud graduate of Holy Name.

Posted November 4, 2009

Great families and great teachers. All to promote the best all round learning experience for our children.

Posted November 4, 2009

Awesome school with heart and a great sense of responsibility to it's children, neighborhood and it's mission.

Posted November 4, 2009

Holy Name has an outstanding faculty of teachers. They genuinely care for the well being of each student. My two children have excelled at Holy Name, my son is now a freshman at Boston Latin Academy, and my daughter continues to be top in her class at Holy Name. I can't say enough about the level of comfort I have, knowing the safe and nurturing environment Holy Name has and continues to provide for my children

Posted November 4, 2009

Holy Name has great teachers who care about the kids and their education. There is a great sense of community at Holy Name with parental involvement in every aspect of the school.

Posted November 4, 2009

I've sent my three children, the youngest is in 5th grade, to Holy Name, from pre-school through 5th grade. All three have benefited from the first class education Holy Name consistently gives. Not only are the academics first-rate, the teachers are innovative, passionate leaders and the administration is completely dedicated to their educational mission. The Principal and Vice principal are extremely well-educated and respected; they work with each student to instill in them a love of learning and, most importantly, the Catholic life ethic. This policy makes these students true Christians, knowing the difference between right and wrong, even through shades of grey. The children who go to Holy Name are a cut above others, they're more decent, more polite, kinder and more tolerant of differences. I can say with certainty that my children have received (and are receiving) the best education possible at Holy Name Parish School. I am so grateful that we were led to this wonderful school and community.

Posted November 4, 2009

Holy Name School has so many extras to be thankful for. They have classes that educate our children about todays world. Although this is a catholic school, the children learn about other religions as well in theology class. There is also Drug Awareness, Bully Prevention in kindergarten, Prevention of Child Abuse and Mollestation for both parents and children. Not to mention that theres incredible music, arts, gym, and even computers classes from kindergarten and up. The in-house librarian teaches students at an earlier age how to be responsible and enjoy reading library books. There are so many more educational field trips and gatherings that really bring both community and families together. I even worked in the rectory part-time after school when I was younger answering the phone and learning secretarial duties. I felt so proud and better prepared for my future and this is why my 4 year old daughter is at Holy Name now. Great teachers. Classes geared towards awareness, safety and prevention. Extra curricular activities and sports that help them expand their horizons, find their talents, learn multiple languages and travel. I love to volunteer and watch my daughter interact with all of her friends. These children learn to have a sense of respect, self-control and appreciation for each others gifts because they are taught to do so.

Posted November 4, 2009

The best education and values at a reasonable price. I recommend it to every concerned parents for their kids education.

Posted November 3, 2009

I LOVE our school community. We have a few families that have gone through some pretty tough situations, parents of young children passing away from cancers, family homes burning down ect.. I watched the people of this school pull together so quickly to make sure these families were fed, clothed, and hugged. They knew they had a very large school family to help them through whatever the situation was. I am proud to be a part of the Holy Name School community and would encourage anyone entering into the search for schools in our neighborhood to come check us out!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Boston

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

535 West Roxbury Parkway