9-12 & Ungraded
Bourne, MA

Posted February 02, 2014
It's been a terrific 4 years at BHS. Great teachers, great friends, small classes, high level of instruction. I found the teachers worked hard, but we were expected to do the same. I've heard that some lower level classes weren't challenging, but I suspect that was because many students just didn't want to work (I've seen that with many of my classmates). For a small school, it's got enough challenging classes and enough sports and extracurricular to keep any college minded student excited.

Bourne High School 1

Posted July 18, 2013
I attended Bourne High in 1999 as a freshman and left to go to Sturgis because Bourne was so bad. The teachers paid no attention to anyone unless they were poorly behaved. I got good grades and was ignored. My brother also attended Bourne High, and like I saw in another review, he was targeted as a bad apple and constantly picked on and blamed for things he did not do by the teachers. I expect teachers to challenge students no matter what their academic level or skills are, but the teachers at Bourne just do not care about the kids or educating them. Bourne High just pushes kids through and offers little to no support to students who are advanced or who are struggling. I noticed a positive review by a student posted on here, it is full of spelling mistakes and grammar errors, something I think is typical of Bourne students. I spoke with a friend who stayed at Bourne for all four years of high school and she said she was completely unprepared for college because no one at Bourne taught her how to write a paper. On top of all of this, the school is completely run down and just depressing to be in. It's no surprise that 40% of students from Bourne choose to attend other schools.

Bourne High School 2

Posted March 06, 2011
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the parents here who feel that the school is not good. If your child naturally does well and doesn't need help, they can make it through. This is not the school for any child that struggles or is on an IEP. Discipline is also unfairly handed out - once a student is targeted, it's all over. Dress codes are a joke. Also, for those parents who find a sense of bigotry, that is true of Bourne in general.

Posted November 08, 2010
Both of my sons attend Bourne High School and I am mostly happy with the Principal and faculty. My older son does well academically and with sports. My younger son has had issues with his grades and I find that most of his teachers are willing to help in any way possible. There are always "those" teachers that are lacking, but this is an issue in most schools. The parents should be held just as accountable as the teachers. Every child should excel in an environment like Bourne High School, there's no excuse no to do well when the tools are available.

Bourne High School 0

Posted August 16, 2009
My child attends this school and feels so overlooked by the staff and teachers because of her being a minority.Not to say there is racism there, but feels unconnected due to the fact that there are no minority teachers who can understand where she's coming from.If you're not a star athelete, you're forgotten about and tossed to the wayside.

Bourne High School 1

Posted May 10, 2009
Bourne is not minority friendly. The only thing they encourage is sports. They do not acknowlege good grades or high academic achievement. A 3.5 or graduating 10th in your class does not get you into the honor society. I have had 3 children attend this school. I am happy to see my youngest get out of it. The only positive thing I can say is that Bourne teaches you how to overcome adversities. If you can survive the bigotry here you can survive anywhere.

Posted February 20, 2009
i have attended this school for about 2 years and i have to say that it is one of the most greatest schools i have been in. the teachers and staff are all wonderful exept on acasions. the athletic programes are wonderful. although the school is very old and has to have some fixing i think it is a wonderful school and the people are very friendly and exept you for who you are. the parents are very involved in all the schools activities and take part in the schools choices. overall i think this is the best school for someone who likes to be invloved

Bourne High School 0

Posted August 25, 2008
I think this school is great. My daughter just graduated this year and her grades were spectacular. The teachers all seemed like they took the time with the classes and kept it interesting. My son is now entering this school this year. I hope he has just as great an experience as she did.

Bourne High School 3

Posted January 24, 2007

Bourne High School 5

Posted November 20, 2006
- a former student
after attending bourne high school for 4 years in was very hard to leave. the school has a great atmosphere and most of the teachers are great,

Bourne High School
75 Waterhouse Rd, Bourne, MA  02532
Last modified Bourne High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bourne High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top