No rating

Boxford Academy

Private | PK-5 | 11 students

Living in Boxford

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $524,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,120.

Posted May 3, 2011

My 3rd grade son started at BA this past fall. He has had an amazing experience. The education is top notch. The attention to detail and constant encouragement of the teachers has transformed a somewhat careless student into one who takes pride in doing his best on assignments. Also the sense of community among the students is like no other I have seen. The recesses are wonderful. My son is able to burn off the energy that would otherwise distract him during his lessons. Our family likes the school so much, we enrolled another son midway throughout the year. He has also blossomed. It is a pleasure to write a review based on our family's experience at BA.

Posted May 18, 2010

They are small which gives lots of individual attention to the students, the smallness makes it feel like we are all family, their curriculum is one of the best in the state and the kids learn at a high level, the teachers are all awesome!

Posted May 18, 2010

It is a beautiful private school with the most patient and fun-loving teachers. Classes are small and children get lot's of 1 on 1. Everyone is friendly and share the same common goal - to enrich our children's life and to teach them about Jesus in an encouraging Christian environment.

Posted February 1, 2010

I adore this school. I leave every morning knowing my children are learning amazing things from caring, talented and nurturing teachers. Strong moral/character development as well as challenging academics. I couldn't ask for more.

Posted October 24, 2009

A very fine school - academically challenging, nurturing and caring. The curriculum is top notch - puts public schools to shame - even Boxford public which people rave about (why?). Cons are it is too small and they need more solid leadership from an administrative standpoint. A true Christian school - they aren't just saying it. We miss it, we'd still be there if the enrollment was bigger.

Posted May 22, 2009

Academicaly it is indeed a great school with a classical approach, my child is well prepared for the next level. If they improved the admininstration I would give a 5 star.

Posted September 19, 2008

This is an excellent school. Both my children have attended this school. They are now excelling in High School - top of their classes. I would highly recommend this school to anyone. It is a shame that because someone could not get their way they feel they can compromise others. The teachers and board are wonderful and work well together to create a nurturing environment for children to learn.

Posted June 11, 2008

My child has recieved an excellent education from caring and compassionate teachers. I would give the school a look for yourself. It is unfortunate that some did not get their way and now have to speak negatively about the school

Posted June 9, 2008

School is not what it use to be. The great teachers have left and the board has no idea what they are doing. No academic advisor. I would not recomend this school at this time. The school is going down faster than a sinking ship.

Posted May 22, 2008

A fine education. My Boxford Acaemy experience is better than the more expensive local 'prep' christian school. It is academically its equal, however, less 'bells and whistles'. The small class size allows for flexibility, individual attention and seperates itself from the traditional by becoming your school 'family'. The best Kindergarten program I have encountered (and I have expereince 4 different ones) Most important is my children LOVE school. Worth every penny!

Posted May 24, 2007

Boxford Academy has been a wonderful place for my children to learn and grow. The teachers are excellent, have a passion to teach and a desire to follow the Lord's commands. This school has provided my son and daughter with a solid foundation and a loving atmosphere where they feel loved and nurtured.

Posted November 14, 2005

This is the finist school and the best value for your dollar. Small classes taught by teachers who LOVE and CARE for their students. My son has grown and learn so much since we transfered him to this great traditional education. LOVE DICTATES HERE Learning comes natural. My son is in the fourth grade, however with the small classes it is equal to a 6th grade in any public school. There is nothing negative about Boxford Academy.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 6%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Supports home-based learning
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Po Box 223