Fitchburg, MA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 23, 2014
Applewild has been an excellent choice for all of my children. It put them well ahead of their peers and prepared them well for the rigors of private secondary prep school education. They all began in 5th grade and were instantly welcomed into the community by the children and faculty. I am grateful for the superior education.

Posted May 15, 2014
Enrolling our son at Applewild School is the best decision we could have made for his education. He thrives in a nurturing environment of mutually respectful "citizen students" who are eager to learn, while being guided, challenged and encouraged by talented and knowledgeable teachers who are eager to teach.

Posted May 08, 2014
My three children attended Applewild from grades 1-8 and received an excellent education that served as the foundation for secondary school and college. Applewild offers a nurturing and challenging academic program, with enrichment activities such as sports, choral and instrumental music, studio art, shop and drama built into the schedule. In this way, every student has many chances to explore a broad range of activities at the school. The community is warm and supportive and encourages kids to take on challenges with confidence. The school emphasizes a sense of partnership with families. As important as the emphasis on academics and the arts is the school's emphasis on cultivating character and good citizenship. These values are reinforced on a daily basis and echo our expectations as parents. We truly felt a bond with the teachers and other families at Applewild - the sense of community is very strong.

Posted April 25, 2014
My two children attended Applewild and the well rounded social and academic program has served them well as a foundation for the rest of thier educational process. I feel that the investment in thier education at Applewild was well worth it and the are much farther ahead of thier peers because of the time spent at Applewild.

Posted April 20, 2014
My daughter attended Applewild from kindergarten through eighth grade, and my son from kindergarten till the present, 7th grade. We have been exceedingly pleased with the personal, academic and artistic growth of our kids during their time at Applewild. The culture at Applewild is conducive to learning. Applewild creates an incredible environment of respect, both between the students and teachers and between one student and another. Myself daughter was accepted to all private secondary schools to which she applied, including Cushing, Bancroft, and Worcester Academy, as well as several others. Students that might not be the best fit for Applewild include students who are all about highest caliber of athletics, or students who enjoy a large environment.

Posted October 22, 2013
Our son is in his second year at Applewild; we could not be happier. AT AW he has an enthusiasm for learning. The teachers take time to understand his needs, strengths and weaknesses. As someone who has studied child development, I find it important for children to be challenged and have exposure at a young age. The music, art and foreign language (starting in K) departments are impressive. Music, PE, French and Science are offered multiple times over the week (grade 1). I most enjoy the importance of character building at the school and focus on kids being kids. My son as a kindergartner made friends throughout the school. He has been taught to be caring and compassionate in his community. Unlike his friends at other schools, he comes home eager to share and build upon his learning. AW is the best investment we have made for our child. Our family makes ends meet while affording his education with the help of financial aid, which we are so grateful for. With regard to some parent comments below who have been dissatisfied with the school, I agree AW is not for everyone. Then again I've never experienced a one size fits all school that is able to satisfy everyone and their parent.

Posted August 08, 2013
Applewild School Years ago when my children were very small, I met the head of an independent school in Weston MA. After working on a project with this head of school, I listened to his words about the formative years of children. He said their learning style will be formed in the early years as well as their, attitudes and characters. That is when you want to invest in your child's education. That is when we made the decision to visit Applewild. I had three children go through Applewild, and as they now are entering college and high schools, I am extremely glad we made the decision to send them to Applewild. The sense of community (every teacher knows your child) is very apparent. The also learn respect for their peers, adults and environment. In this day and age as we see our children grow, that is one core value that was instilled early at Applewild.

Posted August 06, 2013
Applewild School gave my two children a very strong foundation through the school years up through ninth grade. They were challenged and stretched and in the best possible ways. They always knew that the adults at the school cared about them and wanted them to succeed and were there to help them up if they slipped. Respect for themselves, for the people around them, and for our environment were key elements in the way Applewild communicated with students and adults. My children worked hard at Applewild and were recognized for the unique people they are and for their skills and talents. They learned to advocate for themselves, to seek teachers' help and advice, and to persevere through challenges. Both of them graduated from ninth grade and went on to top tier secondary schools. I am proud to say they have advanced degrees and are happy and successful. They give credit in part to Applewild for teaching them how to learn and to work for the joy of it. They actually have thanked us, their parents, for the sacrifices we made to send them to this special school! I very much appreciate the gifts of that Applewild education and community for my children and our family.

Posted June 28, 2013
Applewild developed the foundation that my personal and professional ethics are based upon today. Having spent eleven years at the school, starting in pre-primary, I had the privilege of experiencing the unmatched, sincere dedication of the outstanding faculty and staff. It is this high level of commitment to a quality education that makes Applewild a unique experience unmatched by any other institutions in this category. I look forward to the day that I can proudly send my child to Applewild to recieve that same level of commitment to development.

Posted June 28, 2013
I spent eleven years at Applewild and developed friendships that continue to thrive thorugh my adult years. I was challenged academically and prepared for the rigors of high school, college and beyond!

Applewild School