Posted January 24, 2013
St Ann's is an awesome, affordable school on Cape Ann. The class sizes are average to small and the individual attention is amazing - great learning environment. The teachers are extremely dedicated, often scheduling activities with the kids outside of their normal work day. If you are not satisfied with your child's current school give St. Ann's a try. As well as great teachers and advanced academics, the children are taught to value and respect everyone. My son and daughter are receiving a well rounded high quality education. It is a special place, and I am thrilled to have them at St.. Ann's. I would highly recommend it to parents.

Posted November 25, 2012
This school has been a blessing to us, the teachers and staff have been great. This is a extremely small school so the parents and staff are well connected. We didn't know what we were going to do when our local school was rated a 1.4 out of 10 ! The city of Gloucester should be ashamed of themselves. I pay school tax on 2 propertys in this city, and have to pay again to get my daughter a good education. Anyway thank God St. Anns is here.

Posted September 05, 2012
My son has been at the school for 7yrs now. This school has been excellent. They new principal is fantastic. She truely listens and takes care of needed issues. She is very involved in the school. My sons education there has always been top quality. It is a family orientated place which also teaches core values for the children to not only become highly educated but also become good people. I highly recommend this school to anyone.

St Ann School 1

Posted May 09, 2012
The principals that I have experienced at St. Ann School have been unprofessional and completely ineffective. More importantly the Board that oversees them and is supposed to supervise them is out of touch, uneducated, and uninterested. So there is no supervision at all. There are a couple of good teachers there still, but most have been there too long and are not at all curious about new processes in education. There is very little professional development. My children have benefitted little academically. Very displeased with the overall education and now the atmosphere with the new principal is cold and unfriendly. Feel that it has been a waste of our money

Posted January 29, 2012
My children are currently enrolled in St. Ann School and I could not be more pleased with the school. The academic program at all levels from pre-k to grade 8 is superior. The small classrooms allow the teachers to have plenty of one on one time with each students. The school also offers a variety of after school programs as well as fun family events. The new principal is a true leader who is adding enthusiasm for academics as well as family atmosphere. I strongly encourage anyone looking for a family orientated school that allows a child to grow and develop in a safe and fun atmosphere while attaining the highest education to consider St. Ann School.

St Ann School 2

Posted March 28, 2011
The school principal operates without the necessary supervision and instruction, she is also ineffective in supervising her own teachers - particularly the upper (middle) school teachers. It is frustrating to observe that so many people in this school have been there so long, doing the same things for so long, and there is little interest in change or improvement. The same strategies that worked 20 years ago no longer do in many cases, it is a new world. There are some wonderful teachers there, and some good things happening, but when the negatives outweighed the positives, we left. We wish we'd left sooner.

St Ann School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
Great school. Good circulum and family oriented

St Ann School 0

Posted November 24, 2009
We recently moved to East Gloucester and when I tried to register my child at East Gloucester Elementary we were told 'the class has to many kids already- you will have to go somewhere else' we chose St. Anns. We could not be happier with our choice. The teachers and staff have been wonderful to us.

St Ann School 1

Posted February 04, 2008

Posted May 31, 2007
My daughter has attended St. Ann School in Gloucester for 6 years now and she has received an outstanding education. Their class sizes are are reasonable to allow teachers attention to each and every student. The value offered is the best on the North Shore. I would like to see more physical education as the children only have gym once per week but otherwise this is an excellent institution for a child's learning and growth both as a student and as a person.

St Ann School
60 Prospect Street, Gloucester, MA  01930
Last modified St Ann School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Ann School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.