Granby, MA
After care: No

Posted February 16, 2014
My daughter began 6th grade at MacDuffie when they first came to the new Granby location. It has been a challenging and wonderful experience for her. I highly recommend MacDuffie. The teachers are so supportive and do whatever they can to aid your child in succeeding. My son will begin in September and hopefully have the same awesome experience as my daughter. Small classes' much diversity and a caring staff makes MacDuffie a perfect small private school!

Posted October 23, 2013
I have two kids that attend MacDuffie and they both love it. This is their second year there. MacDuffie is academically challening, but with a very supportive teaching staff. The teacher stay well beyond the designated after school extra help times. The small class size is perfect for individual attention. The kids also really enjoy the international aspect of student life at MacDuffie. They have learned so much about people from all over the world. This school has really opened their eyes and their minds inthe past year. I would highly recommend MacDuffie.

Posted October 23, 2013
The teachers are very innovative in finding fun and interesting ways for our children to learn and make it fun (where they WANT to learn more!). I am very impressed with the teaching plans. My son LOVES it there!

Posted October 03, 2013
MacDuffie offers a challenging, safe, stimulating and caring learning environment for children that is respectful, flexible and allows for creativity. They thoughtfully guide children into what leadership looks like in our community through teaching and modeling the MacDuffie CIRCLE Community, Integrity, Respect, Creativity, Leadership, and Excellence. This is my daughters third year at the school. The exposure she has received to different cultures because of the diversity of the student body has been an invaluable experience for her. MacDuffie develops strong academic and social skills while nurturing a love of learning, respect and honoring differences and compassion for others.

Posted September 30, 2013
MacDuffie is a community that has transformed during a span of 120+ years. Being a small part of that change; seeing it rebuild in Granby has been a tough but gratifying experience. This school's aesthetics do not, and cannot, define what goes on inside the historic building - the people do. There's a real sense of community within certain programs (i.e the athletics, theater productions, dormitory program) and you do feel like you're a part of something meaningful. This school has shaped me to be successful, both inside and outside the classroom. Most graduates return and share their stories, telling all of us that MacDuffie has over prepared them for college and instead of struggling through freshman year academically, they focus on exploring the world that surrounds them. Overall, this school provides many ups and downs, just like any other school, but most certainly prepares you for the outside world and the pressures involved.

Posted September 19, 2013
I had a home stay student last year for one semester. Home stay is when you have an international student live with you and attend school as a day student. She recently wrote me to tell me it was the best experience of her life. She did wonderful in school and made a lot of friends. The faculty and staff were very supportive and I plan on doing it again next year.

The MacDuffie School 2

Posted February 29, 2012
I think that this school is hiding something behind that "wall" of niceness. I was kicked out of some roles and the teachers and students acted like they didn't even care. Also I think some of the teachers were as if, trying to make me miserable. I might just be too sensitive...but it might very well be the truth. I strongly recommend you to look into this school closer.

Posted July 23, 2007
MacDuffie is a diverse school where students grow to their full potential and succeed at selective colleges of their choice.

Posted September 05, 2004