Granby, MA
After care: No

Posted August 17, 2015
I absolutely love this school. It is the best school that I have ever attended. The teachers are very supportive and respectful (same goes for the students), everybody knows everybody, I can guarantee that not everybody who applies to this school gets in, the classes are small, the work is challenging (not too challenging, to me anyway), there is no bullying, and so much more. I highly recommend this school.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 17, 2015
Whenever a student says "I'm dumb", "I did a bad job", or anything of that nature, they will reassure that student that what they said is not true.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 17, 2015
If a student is having trouble with anything (school related or personal), they will go out of there way to help them and show that they care.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 17, 2015
There are what they call advisor meetings there, and they teach students all about that.

The MacDuffie School 1

Posted February 12, 2015
Course selection is limited. Literally in the middle of nowhere. Weekend activity and after-school activity are not as great as it sounds, since many of the students do not care to participate. Internet sucks with ridiculous rules. Food also sucks. At least the teachers are supportive.

The MacDuffie School 2

Posted January 08, 2015
This school is horrible for me at least, the math teacher embarassed me by yelling at me for not knowing how to solve a problem. They don't care much about bullying, and you may think you're "challenging" your kid but a: literally everyone gets in and b: 9th grade work in 7th grade equals a miserable school year. I am most likely not coming back after coming for 6th and 7th grade, I hate it there.

Posted February 16, 2014
My daughter began 6th grade at MacDuffie when they first came to the new Granby location. It has been a challenging and wonderful experience for her. I highly recommend MacDuffie. The teachers are so supportive and do whatever they can to aid your child in succeeding. My son will begin in September and hopefully have the same awesome experience as my daughter. Small classes' much diversity and a caring staff makes MacDuffie a perfect small private school!

Posted October 23, 2013
I have two kids that attend MacDuffie and they both love it. This is their second year there. MacDuffie is academically challening, but with a very supportive teaching staff. The teacher stay well beyond the designated after school extra help times. The small class size is perfect for individual attention. The kids also really enjoy the international aspect of student life at MacDuffie. They have learned so much about people from all over the world. This school has really opened their eyes and their minds inthe past year. I would highly recommend MacDuffie.

Posted October 23, 2013
The teachers are very innovative in finding fun and interesting ways for our children to learn and make it fun (where they WANT to learn more!). I am very impressed with the teaching plans. My son LOVES it there!

Posted October 03, 2013
MacDuffie offers a challenging, safe, stimulating and caring learning environment for children that is respectful, flexible and allows for creativity. They thoughtfully guide children into what leadership looks like in our community through teaching and modeling the MacDuffie CIRCLE Community, Integrity, Respect, Creativity, Leadership, and Excellence. This is my daughters third year at the school. The exposure she has received to different cultures because of the diversity of the student body has been an invaluable experience for her. MacDuffie develops strong academic and social skills while nurturing a love of learning, respect and honoring differences and compassion for others.

66 School St, Granby, MA  01033