PK-4 & Ungraded
Great Barrington, MA

Posted October 30, 2013
My family is new to the Muddy Brook community, but we are thrilled that our kindergartner is here and our other two children will be attending. It is an extremely warm, welcoming community and our daughter is extremely happy. Most impressive to me is the constant effort in the school to be improving everything - instruction, outreach, communication - you name it. We are getting incredible information from the teacher, the PTA, and the administration about the school curriculum and learning goals. I feel like I have tremendous input into what is happening in the school, and the Principal and staff are clearly committed to trying new things and involving families in that process. As a parent, I am helping with events, volunteering in the classroom, and working on committees to look at curriculum, assessment, and volunteerism. This is a great school that is constantly striving to be even better.

Posted October 30, 2013
The kindness, professionalism and dedication of the teachers, paraprofessionals and administration at Muddy Brook are impressive. Two of my grandsons are Muddy Brook students. I also volunteer at the school, and have been mentored by the teachers to support the students reading comprehension, fluency and accuracy. My admiration for teachers has grown tremendously watching their dedication to the students. The school as a whole is permeated with the culture of kindness. The other day an after school soccer practice was cancelled at the last minute. Consequently one of the boys did not have a ride home. We went to the office with him and the 2 secretaries there made calls to contact his parents and assured me that the student would stay with them in the office until a parent could pick him up. They completely put both the student and me at ease. In this atmosphere, the children learn by example how to treat others. It also creates an environment which allows the children to reach their fullest potential. Thank you Muddy Brook for putting your values in action!

Posted October 27, 2013
Muddy Brook is a great school because it has positively impacted my two children's lives. They each have received 3 additional pre-school learning years due to the integrated learning format for special education students. The teachers at Muddy Brook go the extra mile to provide a well rounded education of physical ed., music and art, as well as gardening, nutrition, and community service. The PTA is exceptional at providing field trips, extra-curricular activities, and community events. My kids are getting a great foundation for their futures at Muddy Brook!

Posted October 27, 2013
Without a doubt, Muddy Brook is a GREAT school! My kids are happy and engaged and so are their friends. The teachers and staff are fantastic and go above and beyond to help every child feel welcome and important while challenging them in creative ways. Muddy Brook teaches to Be Kind, Be Responsible and to Work Hard in everything they do and my children are proud of that. There is an opportunity for every student to shine. The walls have an assortment of student work. The classrooms are inviting and parents are encouraged to be a part of their child s learning. There are all-school gatherings that focus on students successes. All-schools often include singing and are so much fun for everyone. There is wonderful PTA that supports this great school. Because my children go to Muddy Brook, I know they will have solid foundation to succeed academically in the future while being kind and responsible youth. Muddy Brook is truly a GREAT School!

Muddy Brook Regional Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2013
COMMUNITY!!! I currently have children who attend Muddy Brook and from the moment my oldest started school you knew that not only were they learning reading, writing and arithmetic, but they were also learning what it meant to be kind, be responsible and work hard. From earning incentives like 'High Five' tickets from Teachers and staff for doing one or all of those things to having fun 'All School' assemblies with music and activities to celebrating learning. My children love going to school and I hope that never changes.

Posted October 26, 2013
I know that Muddy Brook is a wonderful school because when my second grade son gets off the bus every day I ask him 'How was school?' and he continually answers with a huge smile on his face 'Great!' We couldn't be happier than we are with any teacher or experience he has had at this great regional school, from his teachers going that extra mile to challenge his extra active brain, to understanding what a young boy needs to be successful at school. Thank you Muddy Brook for helping to raise a kind, thoughtful, and brilliant child.

Posted October 25, 2013
I can't say enough wonderful words about the elementary school that my children attend. I have found communication to be great, with teacher who respond very quickly to emails that are sent. Teachers send home reading and math activities that give us an opportunity to work on at home. My children look forward to attending school everyday and I continue to be amazed and the creative activities the teacher/school design. The school has also implemented technology as part of their curriculum. This is an exciting opportunity for our children to learn, practice their skills, and have fun while doing it.

Posted October 25, 2013
As a parent I am enthusiastic about the community created at Muddy Brook. The PTA goes above an beyond to create opportunities to engage families. The wall are bright with positive energy and the teachers are responsive. The school has changed significantly in the past 5 years and we are able to see students growing in their performance. This year the Muddy Brook 4th graders showed the 4th highest growth scores in the state for MCAS scores. My child leaves home excited for each day as a new and exciting opportunity.

Posted October 25, 2013
Muddy Brook is always thinking of new "green" ways to live. They have their own vegetable garden that they supplement their lunches with. Children are encouraged in an after school program to help plant, maintain and harvest the gardens. They have a rain garden that is full of native plants that are self-sufficient. The pre-schoolers and third graders work together to weed the garden weekly. The school building itself is a green building and uses lots of natural light and lighting in the rooms is automatically turned on when someone enters a room and when there is no movement for a time, they shut off by themselves. I am proud to see the many ways that Muddy Brook is helping to save our environment.

Posted October 25, 2013
The sure sign of a great school is that I have three daughters that can't wait to get to the Muddy Brook Regional Elementary School every morning. There is a wonderful community of administrators, teachers, staff, parents and students that makes Muddy Brook a really special place. Not only are my daughters receiving a top notch education, but they also feel cared for, supported and loved by the members of their school community. The administrators, teachers and staff are committed to ensuring that every student reaches their full academic potenial while also developing into kind, caring and responisble young people. Muddy Brook's motto "Be Kind, Be Responsible and Work Hard" really says it all and I could not be more pleased with my daughters' elementary school experiences.

Muddy Brook Regional Elementary School
318 Monumnet Valley Rd, Great Barrington, MA  01230
Last modified Muddy Brook Regional Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Muddy Brook Regional Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top