Haverhill, MA

Hunking Middle School 2

Posted August 10, 2015
My daughter has been in the Haverhill Public School system since Kindergarten. We absolutely loved the elementary school experience. The teachers were dedicated and all around amazing educators. My daughter learned so much, enjoyed school and scored in the advanced category on the MCAS. Hunking has been a completely different experience. The teachers are not engaged and do not communicate effectively with either the students or the parents. The overall attitude is negative. Her MCAS scores dropped after the first year. I plan on exploring outside learning experiences for my daughter next year to make up for what the school lacks. I hope that with the new building comes a new atmosphere and one that is more conducive to the type of education that should be offered.

Hunking Middle School 3

Posted July 31, 2014
I was wondering when the schoolyear starts because I am starting hunking this year and I don't know when we go back to school

Posted January 10, 2014
This school is falling apart ... in every way imaginable. Half of the building was condemned a couple of years ago for structural failures; the student lockers never shut properly; and the air quality reports released by the school department were unsatisfactory. It is no wonder the faculty are openly unmotivated to help struggling students when they do not get the support from the administration themselves. School district offers a "parent portal", but claims it cannot get its teachers to use it (making it useless). This school is the ongoing running joke of a school department that is itself a joke.

Posted June 20, 2013
The principal ignores students that need extra help and does absolutely nothing against bullying a girl broke into my daughter's locker and smashed her Kindle. When brought to the principal and assistant principals attention they did absolutely NOTHING!! This school is a joke

Hunking Middle School 2

Posted May 19, 2010
Teachers and staff seem to do whatever they want. Many of the teachers show they don't care about the success of the kids. They pay attention to the kids all ready doing well. My daughter does well in school but it's because I help her and get her the resources she needs not because the school cares - at least that has been my exerience. Calls are not always returned, and the staff has a very bad attitude, rude when you question anything as if they do no wrong. The whole Haverhill public school system needs an overhaul. The previous principal was terrible and this one is only slightly better. I'm happy that my daughter is in 8th grade and will be leaving soon. She will NOT be going to no Haverhill High either! It's sad but now I understand why so many students drop out of Haverhill schools.

Posted November 29, 2009
What ever happened to zero tolerance for bullies??? Not at this school.

Hunking Middle School 5

Posted August 02, 2009
I love this school! The teachers are great and the students learn everything!

Posted May 11, 2008
its a very vstrict school but i love it

Posted April 18, 2007
Good school for all 6-8 students. It might have a reputation for not having the funds to support the students, but in reality, they just got new school books for everyone. Plus, the teachers are all there to help the children.

Posted January 14, 2007
Good School. Gives great opportunities to go to Washington, DC, Maine and New York. just gt new textbooks for all grades.

Hunking Middle School
98 Winchester Street, Haverhill, MA  01835
Last modified Hunking Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunking Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top