9-12 & Ungraded
Lynn, MA

Posted April 30, 2013
Not a fan of this school. It's overly strict. It's more like a prison and run like a concentration camp of some sort. They encourage students to fail and almost force them out to make a name for themselves. They care very little for the average child. They want them gone and not associated with the school. They encourage drop outs who do not meet up their standards. They will haunt your child and put a target on your childs back. This school wants perfect soldiers who are submissive. I'm not saying this to be a jerk. I've seen it. Any kind of kid who laughs a little to much or the class clown is viewed as an enemy and they will find a way to target you and get you to quit high school. This school is all about ratings and graduation rates , They are trying desperately to make a name for themselves.

Posted June 21, 2011
My daughter attended her sophmore year at Lynn English High. My daughter absolutely hated this school. She was constantly talked about and had several rumors made up of her. The majority of the students that go there are very rude and ghetto. She is very shy and keeps to herself so I couldn't understand why she had this problem. The administration was no help, she complained about her teachers not wanting her to suceed. This school is more interested in punishment than learning. She had a teacher who didn't like her because of her religious beliefs. The counselours do not seem to enjoy their jobs, and seem like they do not want to be there. As for sanitation she would not use the bathrooms in school because she described them as absolutely filthy, she even got sick several times I am assuming from picking up germs at this horrile school. This school is the worst school she has gone to overall and she will not be going back

Lynn English High School 4

Posted March 05, 2011
Although some bullying does occur, the administration usually puts an end to it. There is a zero tolerance at Lynn English. The principal and vice principals are very nice and are very strict. The academics are amazing. The honors classes for students who really want to push themselves are held at high standards from there teachers so that they can be the best. Im the president of my class and was afraid to come to english because it is so big and different then private schools. I was offered scholarships to nearby private highschools but i chose Lynn English because it had a lot to offer. I am more than happy with my decision to come to Lynn English

Lynn English High School 0

Posted March 03, 2010
This is my childs first year at Lynn English and I think its a camp ground for the young adults to grow and get a education when my child was in the 'middle school' which will be unnamed my child had a really hard time my child was teased and one of the class mates even said he was going to stab my child the middle school did nothing, bad boy dont do that again, these are our children and 97% of us would die for them i do not want other kids telling my child they are going to stab them ,and the school did nothing but now my child is in the high school its like the calm after the storm .the teasing has stopped and not one issue since school started not 1 . the best i think..

Posted June 23, 2009
LEHS prepares students for the real world, and college. I cannot stress how thankful I am that I attended such an amazing school. Yes, there are rules and YES the administartors carry those rules out. However, those rules are there to provide safety and the best learning environment possible. High school is not supposed to be like it is on T.V and in the movies, it is real life and is there for educational purposes along with some social. I did not understand the value of my education from LEHS until college when I realized other students did not have such a wonderful school. Once again I cannot stress this enough Lynn English High prepares students for the real world and college.

Posted May 27, 2009
My experience with my son at Lynn English for 9th. grade was really bad. He was a 'trouble' kid back then because of things we were going through at that time. As soon as he started school Iasked for some kind of counseling, like three or four times and never got the help and to make things worse, one of the vice principals, I don't even remember her name, was very mean with him, even in front of me. He stay back and I had to switch him to Lynn Classical for 10th. grade. No problems there but the normal teenager ones. He graduated last year and he is still studying in college now. Sometimes you need to have some compassion to and see the kids case by case instead of generalizing. Please note, I had couple of meeting with the Principal, he didn't do anytihing to help.

Posted February 26, 2009

Lynn English High School 0

Posted January 19, 2009
Having worked in a number of low income schools over my 38 year teaching /administrating career, and being retired from LEHS, I can vouch for this appropriate rating. It is well deserved. The administrators, teaching staff, support staff and extracurricular staff all work together as a team. Principal Fila has always put the students first and treats each student fairly and with equity. I am saddened to read adverse comments about Vice Principal Strangie. By nature of his position, as disciplinarian, such comments are fueled. But, once again, his discipline is fair, equitable and unwavering. Without a firm hand, this school could not achieve it's goals. Visitors to this school once commented that the hallways resembled the quiet of a church! This is the setting needed for academic achievement. Finally, the academicteaching staff and administrators are to be praised for keeping in step with the latest teaching methods and pedagogy.

Posted January 19, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009

Lynn English High School
50 Goodridge St, Lynn, MA  01902
Last modified Lynn English High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lynn English High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top