Bad
Good

Posted May 01, 2014
My son started preschool when he was 3 in the Mashpee Public School System. My son has special needs and I have taken him to OT, PT, and Speech Therapy at RHCI 4 times a week from when he was 3 to 4 months old till about 6-7 years old. We had a wonderful experience in his pre-school years, but something happened. Communications started failing, we were receiving less and less help and support and the focus stopped being on what we can do to help to where I was falling short. My son has special needs and ADD/ADHD and is "required by the school to take his medication, even though they say it is my choice. If I choose not give my son his medication they will report me and they have. Social Services never opened a case and said there was no neglect. If it is my choice to administer ADHD medication to my son, then why are they reporting me when I do not want him on these types of medication? The school has the ability to post homework on the internet yet none of my son s teachers uses this feature. I have no clue what my son has for home work. I have asked numerous times for support with his homework and posting it.I have had many more issues but there is just not enough space here.

Posted March 31, 2013
Quashnet is the best school in Mashpee! The communication between home and school is incredible. The teachers seem to be connected to each student. The guidance office in amazing. Quashnet values each child. There is no other place I would send my 3-6th grade child.

Quashnet School 3

Posted December 09, 2012
Although my child has been happy and adjusted at the Quashnet school, I have been concerened with the overall academic scores. Apparently the principal was under the impression the low rating of a 5 was due to negative parents reviews. The low rating is a reflection of the testing scores. We should all be concerened with the rating and try and find out why our kids are testing so low at the school. There are times I feel his 4th grade assignments jump all over the place. It would make sense to instruct the kids on one type of math at a time instead of mixing it up. Unfortunately the district doesn't have enough buses either. He spends at least 45 minutes on the bus home daily. This seems excessive.

Quashnet School 4

Posted October 30, 2012
My son is a 3rd grader at the Quashnet School. He had some difficulties last year and I spoke with the principal before he was placed for 3rd grade, she was understanding and very easy to talk to. She took his placement for 3rd grade very seriously and he has been matched with a terrific teacher. I feel very welcome at the school and feel I could contact anyone of the administration, counselors, or teachers at any time if I had any issues I felt needed to be addressed. I should also mention that I have a 19 year old who also went to the Quashnet school with much success. Very proud to be a Mashpee resident.

Posted October 28, 2012
This is a wonderful school thanks to great leadership and teachers. They have created a supportive and nurturing community for the kids to not only grow mentally but also socially. They truly care about the child as an individual. The principal knows every child as a person and is honestly concerned about everything that goes on in the school. Whenever we have had concerns, her door was always open and she solved the problem. We have been happy with most of the teachers. We have two children in the school who are both thriving. I only wish they had first grade too so my youngest child could be there as well. I can't imagine a better school for this age group.

Posted October 28, 2012
The Administration, teaching faculty and staff members at Quashnet are exceptional. I am extremely impressed by the quality of education both my daughters have received and the frequent communication between the school and home is greatly appreciated. In addition to the regular school day, the school offers diverse enrichment opportunities with a variety of free after school programs that range from yoga to Lego building and awesome field trips. Most notable, is how well the school strives to meet the needs of all students and makes each family feel like they are an integral part of the educational process. One of my daughters received enrichment services for more challenging coursework and one receives special education services for additional assistance. As a military family, we intentionally chose to live in Mashpee versus living on base to get our daughters into Quashnet and this has proven to be a great blessing for our children. Highly recommend this school!

Posted October 28, 2012
We have had two children attend the Quashnet School starting in 2009 and continuing through the present. We have been very pleased with the climate of the school, the teachers, administration and the quality of education. Our children's teachers have been top notch across the board, all caring people who have our kids best interests at heart. One of our children has special needs and has received the support services that she needs and is thriving. We especially respect the principal, who is very present, knows each and every child and responds to parent communication very quickly. We feel fortunate to send our children to Quashnet.

Posted October 28, 2012
We love the Quashnet school!!! I have 2 daughter in this school and both are extremely happy. I love that the principle is out side every morning and welcomes all the kids by name. I love the weekly news letter on line and looking at all the pictures. I can drop into the school any day to have lunch or have recess with them. My older daughter started out very shy and through the help of guidance and all her teacher has blossomed into a confident 6th grader. Great before and after school programs, great field trips. GREAT TEACHERS, GREAT PRINCIPLE, GREAT SCHOOL!!!!

Posted October 17, 2012
Poor administration is an understatement! Don't expect they will work with you for the greater achievement of the student. Do expect them to dictate to you what your child needs!

Posted April 18, 2012
this school has alot to learn about children with disabilities and keeping the little things small.

Quashnet School
150 Old Barnstable Road, Mashpee, MA  02649
Last modified Quashnet School is a Public school that serves grades 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.