Medford, MA

Posted November 29, 2014
My children have been attending this school for over three years and I am underwhelmed by the teachers and the current principal. Despite the small school and class sizes I have found that there is very little teaching that happens. The bulk of my kids class and homework are worksheets that lack consistent learning models to set them up for success for the current school year and beyond. As for the principal, every time I turn around he is asking for donations and recommendations to bring in new students. I can't bring myself to do either because I have not seen improvements in the school as a result of the constant soliciting of funds. Luckily my kids will be moving on to a school next year that will make them more well rounded and academically proficient than SRS has offered to date. Your dollars would be better served on finding a nice home in a great school district instead of investing your money on tuition here. The one shining light of the whole school is Mrs.Manning, the office admin. She not only has a smile on her face every day but she makes sure that the needs of kids and parents are met every day.

Posted October 02, 2014
My children have been going here for 4 years. We travel 13 miles each way to go here since we like it so much. Class sizes are small. Teachers are dedicated. All classrooms have Smartboards and students use iPads at least once a week (middle school students have individual iPads used daily). The parents are involved and the sense of community in the school is comforting - they offer lots of community building events throughout the year so you really get to know all the wonderful families. The preschool is also much more affordable than any other local preschool in the surrounding towns. Very happy we found St. Rae's.

Posted October 02, 2014
We have two children at this school and have had such a great experience. The teachers are so helpful, they truly care about the kids and their education. Many after school activities to chose from...sports, crafts, drama, to name a few. We love the community feel of this school.

Posted September 30, 2014
I Love this school for my children. Obviously, the negative post are written by the same person, and from all I have seen are false. the comments about the priests are completely untrue. The staff at this school are kind and caring. My children love going to this schools and are receiving a far superior education then they were when I had them in public school.. by far, the BEST investment you can make in our child's education!

St Raphael Elementary School 4

Posted July 02, 2014
In regard to last two posts.why was it a disappointment and how did it not meet ur expectations? My son has been attending for two years and i have not heard of any priest having any significant role in the students education. As for soliciting, they barely lay a glove on u compared to other schools .

Posted June 12, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this school. It didn't meet expectations-quite a disappointment and constantly soliciting money.

Posted June 12, 2014
Too funny, I see that there hasn't been a review since 2009 and then in 24 hours, two disgruntled parents. I too, agree with the previous parent complaint; however, I have more to add. This school sends home pamphlets in the folders of the children teaching kindness, compassion, etc., which is hilarious when the priest at the school can be so cruel. You are left wondering why you have paid for such hypocrisy and ponder if you would have been better off to throw your money in the Charles than contribute to such dysfunction. Medford actually has public schools that are a more consistent and a safer bet than this institution. Send your child to public and donate to a wonderful cause.

Posted January 29, 2009
Great small school atmosphere. Everyone knows everyone. Individualized attention. Warm environment. Friendly staff from the wonderful secretary to professional, above par teachers. Check it out, you'll be glad you did!

Posted August 26, 2008
This is an excellent school! wonderful basketbaloll team and other great activities......

Posted August 22, 2003
- a former student

St Raphael Elementary School
516 High Street, Medford, MA  02155
Last modified St Raphael Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Raphael Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top