PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My oldest son is in his second year at this wonderful school. After attending St Clement School in Medford for pre-school prior to attending St Rays, my husband and j were reluctant to continue with Catholic Schools. However, after visiting St Rays and observing the environment: the students, teachers and community we felt really good about enrolling our son. Our intention was to switch him to public schools the following academic year. After a wonderful experience during our first year we have since enrolled our youngest child in Pre-K and are planning to keep our kids here at the school until 8th grade. Being a part of this school and this community has been a wonderful experience for our kids and out family.

My son and I love St Raphael's . It is the best Catholic K-8 school in all of Medford, in fact all of MA. Sending my son to this school is the best thing to ever happen to us.

I have been fortunate to be a part of the Saint Raphael School Community for the past 10 years. I say community because it is so much more than a school, it is a warm and welcoming place for families and children, parental involvement is encouraged and welcomed. The children not only receive a wonderful education, with new technology including SmartBoards in all the classrooms, iPad use in all grades, including 1:1 iPads in the middle school, but the small class sizes allow for individual attention. The teachers are caring and professional, the staff is devoted, from the full time nurse to the lunches made on site, the school offers a nurturing environment. They truly strive to educate the whole child, academically, socially and spiritually. By participating in service projects, the children learn about giving back, and good manners are taught, modeled and expected. The graduates are well prepared for high school. not only academically, but have learned to be well behaved and respectful of others. Their are so many extracurricular activities for the kids, and wonderful family social events, which promote the community connection.

My three children graduated from Saint Raphael School. Each received a wonderful education. What I felt was most important was that they graduated with a confident sense of self and were ready to go to high school with not only academic excellence, but with manners, study skills and compassion toward others. Saint Raphael School provided a community for each child to mature academically and spiritually.

Saint Raphael is a great school that lives its mission and always puts the needs of students first.

My children have been attending this school for over three years and I am underwhelmed by the teachers and the current principal. Despite the small school and class sizes I have found that there is very little teaching that happens. The bulk of my kids class and homework are worksheets that lack consistent learning models to set them up for success for the current school year and beyond. As for the principal, every time I turn around he is asking for donations and recommendations to bring in new students. I can't bring myself to do either because I have not seen improvements in the school as a result of the constant soliciting of funds. Luckily my kids will be moving on to a school next year that will make them more well rounded and academically proficient than SRS has offered to date. Your dollars would be better served on finding a nice home in a great school district instead of investing your money on tuition here. The one shining light of the whole school is Mrs.Manning, the office admin. She not only has a smile on her face every day but she makes sure that the needs of kids and parents are met every day.

My children have been going here for 4 years. We travel 13 miles each way to go here since we like it so much. Class sizes are small. Teachers are dedicated. All classrooms have Smartboards and students use iPads at least once a week (middle school students have individual iPads used daily). The parents are involved and the sense of community in the school is comforting - they offer lots of community building events throughout the year so you really get to know all the wonderful families. The preschool is also much more affordable than any other local preschool in the surrounding towns. Very happy we found St. Rae's.

We have two children at this school and have had such a great experience. The teachers are so helpful, they truly care about the kids and their education. Many after school activities to chose from...sports, crafts, drama, to name a few. We love the community feel of this school.

I Love this school for my children. Obviously, the negative post are written by the same person, and from all I have seen are false. the comments about the priests are completely untrue. The staff at this school are kind and caring. My children love going to this schools and are receiving a far superior education then they were when I had them in public school.. by far, the BEST investment you can make in our child's education!

In regard to last two posts.why was it a disappointment and how did it not meet ur expectations? My son has been attending for two years and i have not heard of any priest having any significant role in the students education. As for soliciting, they barely lay a glove on u compared to other schools .

Last modified St Raphael Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8