Methuen, MA
Students enrolled: 1,804

Methuen High School 3

Posted April 14, 2015
I am a freshman currently attending Methuen high and without a doubt the school is very beautiful and the staff are understanding of the students. The school has many fun extra curricular activities,clubs, and sports that your son/daughter can sign up to do. On problem with the school would be control. I don't know if there is a lack of staff or what but the amount of incidents that happen at the school should and can be lowered. Fights and class skipping is expected In a highschool but it is too monotonous at mhs. Then again if you do what your supposed to do no problems will occur. Overall mhs is a good school.

Methuen High School 5

Posted September 25, 2013
Great school...Renovations are excellent! Student/teacher ration is solid. I couldn't be happier! We have been thrilled with the money that is going into the public school system!!

Methuen High School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
Im a senior on school, and methuen high school has been great for me, I've enjoyed a lot of groupd and activities they have. They are pretty fun yo join. It doesnt matter if it has walls or not, because the teachers are super great there, they are so nice and finally MHS has improved a lot, since it been under construction from 2012, and now the school is going to be looking great>

Posted January 05, 2013
Methuen High has been burdened with a stigma that it doesn't deserve. Sure, it's outdated and lacks full walls due to the open-concept(which is for a reason! Some people think they couldn't afford walls. Pshh.) but when it comes down to it, the school is what you make of it. They offer a multitude of rigorous, challenging courses and they even participate in the Advanced Placement (AP) program. In short, I reitterate, it's all in what you make of it.

Posted October 09, 2010
Great services for special needs kids.

Posted September 16, 2009
Methuen High School is a great school with dedicated teachers. I learned beyond textbooks and videos about the broader world and how to be more aware of our condensed surroundings. The school will be undergoing a much needed renovation and will need any additional support it can receive.

Posted August 31, 2008
To most, methuen high is a joke. I really think the school is what you make of it. Most frown upon the school because of its lacking structure and bad reputation. Picking your classes is the most important. If you take a level 2 and sometimes level 3 classes, the other kids can effect your education. if you take level 4 classes, youre with more serious students and i really feel it helps to strengthen the education you receive.

Posted January 29, 2008
Everyone is involved, and we have a great group of motivated kids. There are so many extracurricular activities as well, and mr.Nick is at every single event. Every sports game, every dance, everything. He is always there and so involved and passionate about methuen high school. Our teachers at methuen high are also highly involved not only with after school help but with the clubs and sports teams. I don't know any teacher that isn't involved in an extra curricular activity, club, or sport. This school has spirit and heart. We have a reputation for helping others, such as the thousands of dollars we raised for the tsunami and hurricane victims. This school is a community, a family, and a comfort. I love it.

Posted January 18, 2008
I am freshman here at Methuen and I am having a blast. Even though the school is lacking some walls the teachers make up for it. When i first got there i thought i was going to have a hard time with the open concept, but i eventually got used to it. The only thing i would change is the heating system and the computer rooms. Mr. Nick does a good job of putting the students first. He really cares about us and wants only the best.

Posted December 15, 2007
As a senior at Methuen High, I must say that the school has an unfair reputation. What the school lacks in state-of-the-art equipment that younger buildings may have, it makes up in extraordinary teachers who work diligently with every student that needs their help. MHS has an abundance of extra curricular activites including: varsity, jv, and freshman athletics, fine arts, and a plethora of clubs. The adminstrators keep the students in line with a firm hand, and education is ALWAYS the top priority. The teachers will stop at nothing to help a student reach their potential. I know they did with me!

1 Ranger Road, Methuen, MA  01844
Last modified Methuen High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Methuen High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top