7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 17, 2015
I am a graduate of Mount Alvernia High School. I was lucky enough to attend the school for grades 7-12. The academic rigor paired with the high expectations from my teachers helped put me on the path for success. I was able to enter college feeling prepared and confident in my skills. As I mentioned, the academics are great, the community is great too. The school is so welcoming and makes you feel like you are part of a family. The teachers genuinely care about each of their students. I would highly recommend MAHS to anyone and send my daughter when it's time for her to attend high school.

Posted January 22, 2015
We love this school for our 2 daughters! The students are kind and very friendly, and the teachers are wonderful! I highly recommend this school.

Mt Alvernia High School 1

Posted December 12, 2012
I went to this school for one year, as an eighth grader, i switched out since I couln't stand it anymore. I completley regret it. There is absolutly NO diversity. The teachers are ridiculously strict, they don't teach well either. It is very "cliquy", and you are not likely to be accepted into their groups. The girls quicky judge all the new girls. The overall expireene is boring and not what you would expect of high school. Personally, i prefer public school.

Posted September 25, 2008
Wonderful school, great faculty, great academics and athletics.. Strict, yes, if you think you can handle it come to Mt Alvernia..Mr Harvey

Posted September 07, 2008
MAHS is great! The teachers are focused on the students, and the courses are not stress inducing. Occasionally the teachers can be strict, but are always ready to help. The older students are always willing to help, and I have made many lasting friendships there.

Posted May 02, 2008
I am a seventh grader at MAHS and i think that this school is strict but fun. There are serious and happy times. It is nice how almost every month we get to go to mass. The lunch cards are a little to much money but overall i love the school.

Mt Alvernia High School 1

Posted May 06, 2006
this school is way too strict, there is absoulty no diversity, and the teachers are uptight. do even bother coming here. youll just want to leave anyway. this whole school is a joke.

Posted November 05, 2004
I'm an 8th grader at MAHS, I really enjoy the individual attention and overall feel of the school. The courses offered are varied and the teachers encourage their students to succeed. This school is very welcoming and I am proud to say I am a member of the class of 2009.

790 Centre Street, Newton, MA  02458
Last modified Mt Alvernia High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Mt Alvernia High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top