North Chelmsford, MA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 17, 2014
This is our 4th year at Keystone, my daughter stared children s house when she was 3 and is in the elementary program now. My son (2.10 yrs), also started this year with Mrs McMahon. She seems to have a natural gift at teaching and connecting with the kids. She is and very organized and understand each kid's capabilities and woks with them towards their overall development. She is one of the main reason why we decided to enroll our son. Their Elementary Curriculum is very dynamic and has the best teachers for the program. My daughter looks forward to go to school every day. She surprises me all the time with the wealth of knowledge she is brings home every day. It s amazing how Kathryn make complicated topics, fun/easy to learn and understand. It is a warm, peaceful place with a wonderful staff that not only facilitates academic growth, but also teach them to be a respectful and responsible global citizens.

Keystone Montessori School 2

Posted June 12, 2014
My kid went to the k program. They promised a lot when I joined my kid and was hoping that there would be an upward learning curve. I was very disappointed at the end of the year. This is a very expensive school. I just hope they would teach something for the money they charge. She was pretty decent at math, reading etc due to our personal effort. But there was not much learning at school. The teachers are good but the academic nurturing was not as much as I had been promised. They would send me stuff where I could see some scribbling of my kid in couple of papers and that is supposed to be the whole week work. They said materials will be circulated to keep kids challenged but as far as I saw there was little circulation of class materials. We get report/class newsletters every few months where it says what your kid has been doing in math, reading, science etc but when we spoke to couple of kids in the class, asking them about stuff they learnt in class, they had no clue of what we are saying. They also charge extra for any visitors, field trips etc after charging so much. Overall not very happy with the school.

Posted May 28, 2014
My son goes to Children's House(3 to 6 year olds). We started with daycare and moved our son to Keystone. Here your child comes first. The founder is busy introducing new programs every year & teachers designing challenging work(small tasks for kids to do) keeping developmental goals in mind. Classrooms are filled with work where child has the freedom to choose what she/he likes. Once they master a work, they move on to the next one & so on. Sounds easy but making our 3 year old to stay calm and focus was a daunting task for us. I have found teachers to be patient and skilled to navigate our child. Our son is very active and he enjoys doing something while not napping. His classroom is filled with variety of work and books & this helps him. Weather permitting, everyday kids have outdoor playtime. Our son makes continent maps in his art/craft session, draws objects, goes to field trips to explore nature, etc. The quality of tools, material & guest lecturers exposed to kids is carefully selected by the founder. Our son has made his way to read phonics book as he still continues to decode new words. He can add/subtract single digit numbers. The credit goes to his teacher & school.

Posted April 27, 2014
Keystone is a truly unique school. What sets it apart is its Dynamite Elementary curriculum, devoted teachers and faculty members, parent education support, and its leadership. The Head of School is passionate about not only educating children, but parents as well. It is a warm, peaceful place that not only facilitates academic growth, but more importantly has helped my children become respectful, responsible, and empathetic young citizens. I am extremely proud that my children are receiving an education that is so much better than regular conventional schools. If you want your child to be an independent, problem-solver, critical thinker, then you need to discover Montessori, and more importantly discover Keystone. It has transformed our way of life & our view of our own children as these young, incredibly intelligent human beings who are capable of so much if given the proper support and means. Thank you Keystone for educating our children, who are educating us! This world would be a better place if there were more schools like this!

Posted April 25, 2014
My son goes to their children's house (3-6 year old) program and we really love this school. -Teachers are great and very organized. They understand each kid's capabilities and completely focus on their development. My son is a great reader and tries to write short stories. He is good at science, math etc and these days he can't stop talking about solar system. He totally loves his school. -Other staff are very friendly and attend any requests immediately -They offer health and wellness program which includes skiing, swimming, yoga, tennis etc for kindergartners and elementary kids. My son enjoys learning all these activities with his friends. We have been with this school for two years and so far didn't find any issues. We decided to continue him in their elementary program as it has great reviews

Posted April 24, 2014
This is a great school. My son used to go to a local daycare before. Even after 8 months, he was still reluctant to go (like, he would cry at drop off). One of the reason was that the daycare had too many teachers coming and leaving on weekly bases (Heavy turnover is something very common in daycares, I'm told). It was difficult for my son to get familiar with them. However, at KMS, one full year has gone by and we haven't seen any teacher changes. And, they still greet you with same smile and enthusiasm that they had the first time we met them. My son really looks forward to go to the school every morning and this is really a huge plus.

Posted April 24, 2014
Wow! I cannot say enough about what this school has done for both my children. The entire school community has given my children the gift of knowledge and life skills. Our two children have learned to be compassionate human beings who love to learn for its own sake. This is a school that cares about the growth and development of each individual child, and focuses on maximizing his or her strengths while addressing challenges cheerfully and productively. I have seen teachers at all levels go the extra mile time and again to make sure my child was held to high standards with care and kindness. Go and look at Keystone if you are interested in an affordable private school that is about quality education and diversity. We've been thrilled with the school. -- The Liles Family

Posted April 24, 2014
The 1st yr was a big bump where my daughter wasn't able to focus She struggled with transitioning and learning classroom rules. I felt so discouraged. But the teachers made all the difference. They were so open to hearing my thoughts and learning about my child through my eyes. We came up with a game plan on how to support her. One of which to get a one on one teacher to help her. By the end of the school year, there was a big improvement. She was happier and felt more connected with her classroom. I really appreciate the quick response that I get from the teachers especially through email. With an understanding that the parents know their children best, they really listen and really respect the parents' thinking. I love that they take the info I provide and try to understand it to make future plans for my child's learning. Summary 1) Children and their thinking are respected (it shows) 2) Teachers and staff are very responsive. They come up with a game plan to make sure your child reaches a goal. 3) They involve parents 4) Kindness throughout the school (between teachers and children, and children and children) 5) Montessori methods 6) My child loves her teachers!!

Posted April 23, 2014
Outstanding teachers, nurturing learning environment and caring staff are the hallmarks of Keystone Montessori school. Our 4-yr daughter thrives at the school, she can already write and is learning to read at rate that is astounding to us. There was a huge difference in her interest, focus and perfrmance once we moved her to Keystone. The emphasis the school places on mathematics and science skills are really great. I feel fortunate and confident that my daughter is getting an outstanding early education and head-start in academic learnign. I would recommend any parent wanting their child to learn in an nurturing environment that places an emphasis on independence, freedom within limits, and respect for their child s natural psychological, physical, and social development to give Keystone a try, as it's one of, if not the best Montessori school in the greater-Boston area.

Posted April 23, 2014
This school is amazing. The elementary staff are wonderful. You will want to come and observe this school. Our child is in her 7th year at Keystone and is in the elementary program. The difference is in the learning methods and style. Subject matter is applied to whole systems and projects. The curriculum is creative, challenging and goes way beyond what is offered in public schools in terms of depth and scope of experience and knowledge: This year they started an engineering curriculum that caught the eye of the Museum of Science in Boston. They were so impressed that they sent out staff to film the project and include it in their education curriculum. In the spring the elementary students attend Natures Classroom in Groton, MA for one week of outdoor discovery and science from geology and hydrology to fresh water ecosystems. Fifth and sixth graders are doing pre- algebra and algebra. Tennis, skiing and swimming lessons are part of the curriculum. As a result my daughter loves to learn, is confident, and excelling in math, English, science, geography,and writing. What more could you ask for?

Keystone Montessori School
55 Middlesex Street, North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Last modified Keystone Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Keystone Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top