K-5 & Ungraded
Quincy, MA

Merrymount Elementary School 4

Posted October 30, 2014
Excellent teachers giving quality education. Kids love the environment and nice after school activities. The school has the best test scores in the city. Good safety policies.

Posted December 07, 2013
I agree with the state stepping in , the school principal and the guidance counselor need to be fired from this school ! I will be forwarding these comments to the state and Quincy school board something needs to be done. Yes you are right they do cover for each other they are rude and I have even heard the guidance counselor swear at a parent , I removed my child from this school and now they are in a great school and love going to school now. Wake up school board this school needs a change and fast.

Posted November 15, 2013
I went to school here and I felt like I was not getting the education I needed.

Posted November 13, 2013
This school is in dire need of a professional overhaul. Nicknamed Mean Merrymount the atmosphere is damaging to children, not part of the inner circle. The principal and her clique fraternize with certain parents. Drinking occurs at school events and pictures of this are posted to the PTO page. The principal acts out inappropriately, screaming at parents and threatening children. The guidance counselor also appears to have issues and they will say whatever is necessary to cover for each other. More than one family has left the school because of bullying and physical assaults. The children hurt are always the ones who have to change schools. Some of the teachers are excellent but powerless to improve things or even to tell the truth. The state should intervene on children's behalf and salvage the childhood's of the poor kids sentenced to this school. If you love your kids, drive them to one of the many other elementary schools in Quincy.

Merrymount Elementary School 5

Posted September 02, 2013
I give this school 5 stars! I could not believe how wonderful my child's kindergarten experience was. He knows how to read and loves math and his teacher sent home a laminated photo book at the end of the year for each month of school. We also got a beautiful packet of his best monthly art. He learned how to play with others and worked on creative science projects throughout the year. Mostly, I felt that his teacher genuinely cared about him and his needs. The school had so many activities during the year from book swaps to field trips, I really appreciate being at such a good school. He is excited for first grade.

Posted May 06, 2013
I've had many complaints about this school prior to having my son attend almost four years ago. One particular complaint was the principal and how she presents herself and her authority to other parents. My husband and I had more than a few run-ins with this woman and every time we did, she was never respectful, polite, and often times -very rude. Never once has this woman spoke to us like a professional principle and it s the reason why I m pulling my son out come September. If you intend to bring your child/children to Merrymount, I d say to give it a shot because there are good teachers/parents involved that makes this school better than what it actually is. However, if you can t deal with politics and a rude principle- look elsewhere.

Posted January 22, 2013
this is more of a question to everyone to thing about more than review question:why are so many parents pulling the children out of merrymount and into other schools What is wrong with this school?

Posted September 12, 2012
I believe that there are many talented teachers at Merrymount School but the principle and the school's immediate staff need attention. It is sad that politics play a roll in a students education the Principle cares more about the rank of her test scores than the students well being. This was a great neighborhood school at one time and now it is sad to see what it has become. I have seen happy kids leave that school in the afternoon sad. I think it need to get back to basics education of our children and not the agenda of the "in crowd"

Merrymount Elementary School 5

Posted April 06, 2010
I have 2 children here one in first and the other in third and there doing great there and the teachers are really involved the with the students and the parents. One of my kids was going to another elem school in Quincy and was n't doing good there. Better quality of ed here.

Merrymount Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
We have amazing teachers and the students MCAS scores are the highest in the city. The principle is an incredible person.

Merrymount Elementary School
4 Agawam Rd, Quincy, MA  02169
Last modified Merrymount Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merrymount Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top