PK-5 & Ungraded
Springfield, MA

Dryden Memorial 2

Posted May 19, 2014
Dryden is not a good school. Do not let that rating fool you! This school is focused on its test scores and not the progress of its students. My child is attending this school and there is a clear lack of communication of student progress to the parents in order to appear better than they are.

Posted August 02, 2013
Dryden Memorial is a top rated elementary school. We are number one in MCAS ELA, Math and Science. This has not been easy. Our school was struck by the 2011 tornado, eliminating one wing of our school. Staff and Students were relocated to pods and there was alot of shuffling among staff. There was much to do in order to make our school community feel safe and secure and our students ready to learn. But even during this traumatic upheaval our school moved forward and upward! Everyone was amazing! Our teachers, staff and students were resourceful and came together and worked hard. Our school renovation is now near completion but there are items that will still need to be replaced due to losing them in the tornado. However, I know that no what our school will remain tops!

Posted June 09, 2013
I have a son at Dryden Memorial and we are thrilled with the education that he is receiving. The teachers and principal are very committed to their students, and their academic results are top in Springfield, comparable with those of surrounding suburban schools. Can't ask for a better experience!

Posted November 06, 2010
I have children in Grades 1 and 3 at Dryden and they both started there in Kindergarten. Since new administration has come in this year, the school has improved greatly. As an active parent, I can see that students and parents as well as teachers seem to have a better feeling. Everyone is made to feel welcome and parents are made to feel like family. The principal is never too busy to talk to anyone. She makes time for all and is a pleasure to deal with. My children are happy and learning. This school recently received 2 awards for MCAS and are tops in the city. This is a school that will go places now. Already, in just a few months, the principal and faculty have accomplished so much. Many programs have been brought in that enrich the students education. Hurray for the new principal and her staff.

Dryden Memorial 4

Posted October 27, 2010
My daughter is in 3rd grade and my son in his 1st yr of Pre-K. We have only great words to say about our school. The principle is receptive and the teachers go above and beyond in every way! The kids are both doing amazing and love going to school. We are very pleased with the academic and social areas that our school has provided. The entire staff treats us like family!

Dryden Memorial 1

Posted May 28, 2008

Dryden Memorial 2

Posted May 29, 2007
Our son has attended Dryden Memorial since grade one. This year the school has been a great disappointment to me. I strongly feel the lack of leadership and resources may well be the reason for my child not performing as well as other students from various schools within the same grade. I have been in past years satisfied with his progress. I feel the schools needs new leadership to achieve better standing in respect to other local schools. I would hope within the next few years the educational leadership at Dryden changes hands.

Dryden Memorial 1

Posted May 08, 2007

Dryden Memorial 3

Posted May 03, 2007

Dryden Memorial 4

Posted March 08, 2007
I hear that Dryden is a top performing school and they may be on tests but, I have not seen it this year. My child has been left behind, not because he is below average but, just the opposite and he is bored in school and not being challenged by his teachers. Every child should have an IEP. I think the schools focus too much on the test scores and how the school looks. I've brought my concern to my child's teacher, to the Principle and the the superintendent's attention with no resolution that will benefit my child for the remainder of the year. I'm sure that would hate to lose his test scores as he is one the top two students in his grade.

Dryden Memorial
190 Surrey Rd, Springfield, MA  01118
Last modified Dryden Memorial is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dryden Memorial Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top