Posted August 14, 2014
Wa are very happy with Odyssey Day School! My son is in his 3rd year and is growing into a respectful, intelligent, confident, empathetic, and friendly person. Certainly, much of that is due to the caring learning environment he is in at Odyssey. His teachers respect his opinions, they listen to him. They help to design the curriculum around what the children are interested in and want to learn about. They make learning fun! We are so happy here.

Posted August 06, 2014
My oldest is about to finish up at Odyssey after a great experience. He came from public where the focus on rote practice and memorization had him bored to tears and fidgety. Odyssey presented him with a challenging, meaningful curriculum. He had the opportunity to enter poetry contests and the American Math Challenge. The nurturing environment led to the formation of many good friendships. He will miss ODS when he is gone!

Odyssey Day School 2

Posted April 17, 2014
We signed up for a grade 1-2 classroom and, just after the withdrawal with refund date, they announced it would be 1-3. My 1st advice is to visit and research all the teachers in case of a change. 2nd, be very diligent in reviewing curriculum. My child had been highly successful with Singapore Math, but the school uses Investigations. My child had used the 2 lined paper with the dotted line in the middle for handwriting for the previous 3 years. The switch to HWT actually made handwriting more difficult 3rd, Private schools have nothing to prevent teachers from coming in physical contact with your child. We understand hugs, but this also means that the physical grabbing of your child s chin and forcibly raising it to meet the teacher s eyes in front of you is acceptable. 4th, If your child has a chronic condition, be sure you are available to come dispense your child s medication. The classroom teachers are in charge of this and repeatedly forgot to give my child the inhaler per my child's asthma plan. Other private schools do force the parent to come in to dispense the medication when there is no nurse or allow the child to carry his or her own inhaler.

Posted November 09, 2013
When your kid says "I think Shakespeare is funny" you have to be happy with the rest of that conversation. The depth of learning is what I like best. Other things I like include: The teachers really know the kids. The kids treat each other like siblings. They teach math and reading based on the individual's ability, so that they all learn better. Older kids read to the younger kids. Every kid is on stage for a school play. The do a number of trips to places that expand the in class learning. I like that my kids have learned about art, music and spanish. I think the school is run a little bit like a family, meaning not perfect all the time. The one area that they could improve upon is communication.

Posted November 08, 2013
We love Odyssey. My son comes home every day happy, exhausted, and eager to tell us about everything he learned. I feel like the entire school knows my son and us, it has a true feeling of community.

Odyssey Day School 1

Posted November 05, 2013
f you are looking for child care, DO NOT choose this place!! It is by far the WORST childcare facility I have ever came across!! Its utterly ridiculous!!

Posted August 08, 2013
Where to begin talking about Odyssey? My family has been involved with the small school for the past 9 years. Each of my children attended their preschool program and my daughter attended the kindergarten also. The nurturing love and attention that they each received has stayed with them for their entire life. Both of them consider Odyssey their home. My daughter enter public school in 1st grade with the skills of a second grader at her school. This school is a very deserving school for this grant. They run on a very tight budget and every penny donated to them goes back to the betterment of the students and program.

Posted December 20, 2012
My son loves Odyssey Day School. He started at ODS in the 5th grade after when we realized that the public school wasn't teaching him how to learn. He could not thrive in a school where the priority is standardized tests. At ODS learning takes place everywhere and in many forms. Field trips make the curriculum real and motivate the kids to want to learn more. The devoted teachers get to know each individual child and family. Teachers build on each child's strengths and can challenge each one to reach their potential. It is a safe and caring community which welcomes diversity. The tuition is very reasonable compared to other schools.

Posted December 11, 2012
I am a parent of a grade school child and can not say enough good about the ODS family. The staff knows each child well, is very caring and goes overboard to help each child succeed. In addition to this nurturing and safe environment, the academics are very strong. Each child can learn at their own pace and many go above grade level if they are so inclined. There are many wonderful field trips that the children enjoy too. Due to the small class sizes, the middle school environment is great. Lastly, all of the staff from top down are attentive to parents concerns.

Posted December 03, 2012
Our son has been at ODS for grades 1-8. The teachers really connect with the kids. Class sizes are small and the kids get lots of individual attention. The staff alway make sure the kids have the resources they need to excel. In the middle school there is a focus on prepping for high school in academics, organization and attitude. No matter what a child's strength, everyone gets a well-rounded experience. ODS is an alliance between the staff and the families, which fosters a sense of community. My wife and I have been very pleased with the extra work the teachers and board members do to prepare the kids for the high school admission process. The teachers are working tirelessly to help him get his CV and interviewing skills up to snuff and a board member is conducting mock admission interviews for the kids. While our son hopes to attend a high school with a strong engineering program, other kids in his class are equally adept in areas such as literature, math, art and music. We are thoroughly pleased with ODS, the staff, the parents and the wonderful kids. I know that many of these people will be lifelong friends, not just for my son, but for my wife and I as well!

Odyssey Day School
11 Paul Ave, Wakefield, MA  01880
Last modified Odyssey Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Odyssey Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.