9-12 & Ungraded
Worcester, MA
Students enrolled: 1,331

Doherty Memorial High School 2

Posted September 03, 2014
As soon as I walked into this school I had a bad feeling about it. I was miserable from the start, now in the process of transferring. Don't send your kids here! Awful!

Posted October 03, 2012
I graduated in June 2011. Teachers love what they do. Most students love the friends they made and are a part of a great athletics tradition. Families love sending their kids to the multicultural and welcoming community Doherty offers. The structure could have some update/fixes. But the surrounding Newton hill and Elm Park stand nearby in majesty. I felt I became a leader surrounded by some of the greatest people in the world. I will always hold this place in my heart. Fight On, Highlanders.

Posted May 06, 2010
As a graduate of the class of 2008, I think I have a pretty good grasp of the current state at Doherty High, and let me say, it's definitely a mixed bag. Positives: Teachers: I would say most seem to really enjoy working there and it seems to resonate in the classroom. I would say this is definitely true with those who teach higher level classes and mostly true for the others. Negatives: Culture of Mediocracy: One of the most frustrating things about Doherty is that few people seem to have the drive to succeed. There are so many kids who just coast by and/or create distractions by wandering in the hallways. I sometimes used to wonder, why do these kids come to school in the first place? The lower level classes are filled with kids who don't give a crap which is unfortunate because they drag down the rest of the class.

Posted February 10, 2010

Posted November 16, 2009
After these years I truly believe Doherty is a good public school regardless of many negative feedback, points of view I've received in the past. It is a good public school with solid programs that are equipped to help those students who want to learn. I've met with the teachers and they seemed to be very dedicated & involved in the success of their students. As a parent with kids who had been in private school in the past, now, when I think back it hardly made a huge difference in term of their academic life. I believe it is within the child willingness to learn and also the level of effort, care and support that they receive from the teachers-regardless of private or public!! I think I'm pretty happy that my child is on the right track for college.

Doherty Memorial High School 1

Posted October 01, 2009

Posted August 23, 2009

Posted August 02, 2009

Posted February 13, 2009

Posted February 01, 2009
Doherty is a good school, one of the best in Worcester. However due to the recent economy meltdown sources are low and the school isn't able to reach it's full potential anymore. More and more electives have been cut. Also, the school doesn't have as many dedicated teachers as there used to be. But I most definitely have to give a big shout out to Mr. Bucciaglia, Ms. Soares, Mrs. Razzaq, Mr. Boyd, Capstick, and Dr. Reese! They're fun and good and their job. - Class of 2009! I'm outta here baby

Doherty Memorial High School
299 Highland St, Worcester, MA  01602
Last modified Doherty Memorial High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doherty Memorial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top