Bad
Good

We have been here for 5 years now ...I love this school....it's smaller than some but there focus is on learning as it should be ...this is a very competitive world we live in ...I want my child to learn !!

The dedication from the principal at this school is amazing. With everything on her plate considering all the new changes and state requirements, especially when it comes to state testing, she really goes above and beyond to make sure the students are getting as much quality time with new technologies and methods of learning as possible. With what little funding they have, they really stretch it a long way and go above and beyond for the kids as much as possible. There are several new teachers this year, and I don't know much about them, but they all seem as friendly as the teachers that have been there for while. The Spree Days are so awesome, I've never heard a complaint from he kids. There seem to be a lot of volunteers too, but I always hear they would like more. It seems to be a real community school. It is a small school, but that means more attention to each student. If I had any complaint at all, it would be the janitor and the condition of the bathrooms, and just his over-all lack of passion for his job. He's real friendly guy, but too bad he doesn't do a better job or I would have given the school a perfect rating.

My son is in the first grade, his second year here, and I've noticed a pattern of terrible communication in this school. He was diagnosed with ADHD, but after repeated requests for special ed services, I have either been ignored or refused a consultation. The guidance counselor is only in the school once a week, so I just have to hope my son doesn't need him the other four days. His regular teacher has been out since the second day of school, and the principal was only able to provide a stable long-term substitute at the end of November. In the meantime, there were two different long-term substitutes (one was moved to another class without explanation, the other couldn't stay past a certain date) and countless day-to-day substitutes. Communication with the parents on the status of a teacher in the classroom has been spotty at best. But, it is a safe school, and I completely trust my child being there. That is the only reason I gave it two stars.

this is school is very safe and my child's teacher Mrs. Stowe is awesome. i volunteer in her class once a week and i see firsthand the effort that is put into educating and challenging the students to learn. i only wish the school had more extracurricular activities available to the students.

My 1st grader is doing very well in her second year at Lake View. The content is very appropriate. The school is safe. Mrs O'Donuhue is an awesome addition to the school! One of the few schools that carry on with our traditions as well, which is very important for the children(e.ghoul parade).

I have a 2nd grader at Lake View and so far I love everything about Lake View. Mrs. Bondar is a great principal, Mrs. Stowe, Mrs Vincequere and Mrs. Earles have been great teachers for my child.

The teachers do not teach the students well. I do not recommend this school at all. Not enough info on events and not enough instructions for students homework.

Last modified Lake View is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.