Bad
Good

My oldest daughter attends Pittsfield through school of choice, we've been here 2 years now. I absolutely love it. I had her in a Charter School previously and it was not well structured at all and there was bullying that they were not dealing with. Her first year at Pittsfield she was a tad behind but with their reading specialist she caught up in half a school year and now she is ABOVE grade level in every subject. The teachers are super awesome and the parents are as well. This is a very parent-involved school where the students know each others parents almost as well as the teachers themselves. The principal is an AWESOME lady who works hard to ensure that the school does well, the custodial staff, the office staff, everyone is amazing. Needless to say my 2nd daughter will be attending (school-of-choice) kindergarten for the 2014/2015 school year.

Pittsfield has been a wonderful school for all three of my children. The school has a warm, family feel. There are only two classes per grade. My kids have been supported both academically and emotionally at Pittsfield.

I have seen the benefit to my son attending this wonderful school. He will continue his education there and I will recommend this school to other parents.

Teachers and principal are excellent and really care about the students. We believe that our child is getting a solid, well-rounded education. (AAPS has a terrific curriculum.) It is a small school, classroom sizes are smaller than normal, and there are only two classes per grade. As a result, my child feels more secure. I wouldn't base my decision solely on MEAP scores - this school's scores are lower than district average. One reason is due to high enrollment of nonnative English speakers.

We love Pittsfield - the little school that could! The teachers and staff are enthusiastic and supportive and our experience (we have one in K and one in 2nd) with all of them has been that they go the extra mile to make sure our children are excelling and happy. I think everyone in that building knows my children personally. Saving the best for last, our Principal is the most vocal supporter of the school. She knows all of the students' names and attends every school event. We can't say enough about how much we love Pittsfield!

Pittsfield has been a very positive experience for us since enrolling in 2009 after much investigation into other options. The small size encourages great communication between teachers and staff which makes for a terrific learning atmosphere. The wonderfully diverse population gives the school a very global feel. We have been impressed by how all the kids enthusiastically participate in Science Fair, Talent Show and Student Council. Test scores don't tell the whole story. We have a high percentage of "English As Second Language" students who make great progress that standardized testing doesn't always reflect. There is a great sprit of support across grade levels which is really inspiring to watch and as a parent I feel welcome at all times. Give Pittsfield a serious look. We are glad we did.

I attended this school K-5. My son is now in kindergarten there. It has maintained a small school feel, while providing a great education for students! There are only 23 students in my son's class, and his teacher works very hard to make sure that the students get the individual attention they need!

The staff at Pittsfield go above and beyond to make students and parents feel at home. This small school has a lot of great teachers who invest their time and money into the students on a daily basis. The principal is always available for students and parents. She is always in the hallways talking with the students and asking them about what they had learned that day.

Had problems with a punitive, erratic teacher. Transferred my children as soon as possible.

I am a former student (class of 2007-08) and I absolutely loved this school. Everyone acts so kindly and like a big family. It is a great education, but not as pressured as a lot of schools. It is so fun. I love this school!!!

Last modified Pittsfield School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.