Bad
Good

Beverly Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2016
On March 10, 2016, my child was put on the transportion bus and dropped off at home. The problem with this is: He was suppose to be in school attending a Chess class until I picked him up at 5 p.m.My 6 year old was dropped off at home, the bus driver don't check to see if the parents or if someone is present to get the children. He just unloads and pulls off. I frantically searched the school with the help of an aftercare aide, but we couldn't find him. The Director of the Chess Club program didn't even come out of her office to talk to me of help look for him. Janice Hausman is the lady I'm speaking about. In her emails, she states that fourth graders will go to the classes and get the children and direct them to the media center for Chess club. How was my child put on a bus and sent home! The ONLY person that called me to check to see if I've found my son was the Chess instructor. The principal called ONLY after I made his teacher aware that my son was missing. No one from that school called the principal as we were looking for my son in the building. To date, March 12, still not 1 person, whom was the direct result of my child being lost, called me to apologize to me or my son. I had to contact the board of education, the police, the Deputy Superintendent (might I add, the Deputy Superintendent could care less. This man refuses to directly call me despite me requesting a phone call instead of his cold-hearted emails) to bring to their attention of what happened. This school is sad! The staff is careless and heartless. I had to just email Janice Hausman REQUESTING a refund for the class he wasn't in due to them sending him home. I'm upset because I wasn't home to get my son. I found him at 5:20p.m. laying in the hallways asleep, faced swollen from crying, eyelids swollen, covered in sweat from sleeping in his coat, and food all through the hallways from him pacing the floors eating. Again, no concern from the Director of the Programs or any compassion from these idiots! I am beyond upset!!!! Needless to say, I'm taking my child out of this school. We moved here not even a year ago for the school district, but I've been having problems with his teacher and her communication skills, the principal and the Deputy Superintendent. I feel that they operate in a way that isn't to the best benefit of the child. Be careful parents.

Posted January 08, 2015
Great teachers, involved parents, nice kids. We had two sons go through Beverly and they both loved it and have done great.

Posted August 04, 2014
I had the opportunity to teach at Beverly for a brief period of time a few years ago. I also taught in several other schools in the BPS district. Beverly was, by far, the best school that I taught in. The principal is outstanding, the teachers are outstanding, and the kids are outstanding. Honestly, it's just a fantastic culture in that school. Other schools left me feeling stressed, unsupported, or even invisible, but I always felt good about being at Beverly, and looked forward to every day I got to spend there.

Posted December 29, 2011
There is a reason people consistently move to Beverly Hills for the schools. Realtors say that houses go in a few hours to a few days here just so people can get their kids in this school district! It is an amazing school, on par with any of the high end private schools. The teachers all have Ipads and teach kids with more technology than some community colleges and this is ELEMENTARY!!! The art and music program is phenomenal. Parent involvement is first class. It's not just a school but a community, a family. We all watch out for each other's children. The students are pushed harder than the average school district but who cares when you see the amount of high school grads from this district going to Ivy League schools. It is and continues to be the best school bar none!

Beverly Elementary School 4

Posted June 19, 2011
Great teachers in the classroom, but there is too much mean kid behavior that is not dealt with in a manner that it should be.

Posted November 10, 2010
They help the community, are very active and have lots of fun!

Posted November 09, 2010
It starts and ends with outstanding instructors; teachers who are able to convey the course work to the students in a way they will comprehend.

Posted November 02, 2010

Posted November 30, 2008
Wonderful teachers and great education and outstanding involvement from parents.

Posted October 16, 2008
We are new to Beverly this year. Our child is in fourth grade. We could not be happier with a school. There is a wonderful sense of community, parent involvement, kind children and wonderful teachers. The school building is open, bright and cheerful.

18305 Beverly Road, Beverly Hills, MI  48025
Last modified Beverly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.