9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I am a Parent and Alumnae. This school is fabulous; the dedicated teachers and staff, the friendly and energetic students, the state of the art facility, the rigorous college prep courses and the strong faith filled atmosphere make Marian High School the best choice for a young lady. After Marian, I went to U of M and excelled there. My daughter is gaining an excellent education and will be well prepared for her future - both academically and spiritually. I never regret my choice to send her to Marian, and her sister will be there soon as well. I highly recommend Marian - it is truly the best school in SE Michigan.

I cannot say anything bad about this school. The moment I shadowed at Marian during my eight grade year, I knew it was a fantastic school. The teachers are so helpful and really care for each student. The students are usually nice and friendly to their classmates and again the staff is AMAZING! I absolutely love this school and when I get to college I know I will miss Marian and all the fantastic times I have had. The school offers so many chances for leadership and the academics in every class are strong and challenging. A fantastic school for you daughter to attend!

Everyone at Marian hates it, it is very cliquey the teachers dont care and there is little to offer

I am an alumni of Marian High school, and I would like to say, from first-hand experience, that the quality of education is outstanding. The rigorous academic curriculum prepared me for success in both college and graduate school. Also, although I did not appreciate them at the time, the theology courses were an invaluable resource to me as a developing young woman. Those courses enabled me to contemplate my own sense of values and ethics. Unfortunately, I feel that those courses were overall heavy in religious dogma, but at least I was able to reflect on my own values. This is an opportunity I would not have had going to a public school. I really feel that the Marian community lives up to its mission statement. If I ever have daughters and live in the area, I will not hesitate to enroll them at Marian.

Positive environment for young women to discover their inner confidence and self esteem.

This school is academically rigorous, whether a student is in regular college-prep classes or AP classes. The AP classes are akin to the most strenuous classes in a university, and the stress level is high. But, aside from all the stress, Marian is a very laid back school. Students don't usually pay very much attention to personal appearance during school, so if you miss a few showers due to having 5 tests one day, no one really cares all that much (sounds disgusting, but at Marian, it's the norm). The teachers are usually quite good and care for their students, both in the classroom and outside it. I have two more years left there, but I feel I'm already well prepared for college.

My daugher graduated from Marian about six years ago. I think that sending her to Marian was the best thing we ever did for her. She grew as a person both academically and personally, and is now in Law School at the University of Detroit Mercy. My thanks to everyone at Marian for making our daughter the young lady and professional she is today.

My daughter and two of my nieces attend Marian High School. It is an excellent school because young women are optimized to live life to its fullest potential and to celebrate their individual strengths. All facets of education are offered including strong academics, exceptional athletics and amazing arts including Marian's new gym and state of the art auditorium. I would highly recommend this high school to any parent or student who is committed to providing a young lady with a qualilty education in all areas of her life.

When i began Marian as a freshman, i was a little apprehensive because I didn't come with a huge group of friends like others. I was afraid there would be cliques of friends who had known each other since elementary school. However, i immediately began to feel at home, and I've never regretted choosing Marian for my high school education. The work is challenging at times, but the teachers are exceptional and really connect with their students. This is the most amazing school!

I have never before been so disappointed in a Catholic College prep School. Not only is it a homophobic environment but it also emphasizes unneeded presure to unimportant aspects of the ciriculum. My daughter has left Marian unprepared to enter into an economically and culturally diverse college setting. Though the select few are offered advanced placement cources in the maths and sciences, those interested in the arts are differed from any oppertunity.

Last modified Marian High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.