Bloomfield Hills, MI

Posted May 16, 2013
it is a great school. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an innovative school experience for their child

Posted April 01, 2012
I am about to graduate from the University of Michigan and I attribute a great deal of my academic success in high school and college to my experience at Covington. I had six years of exceptional teachers and high-level academic enrichment. In addition to the quality of academic preparation, I've found many of the friendships I formed in my first years at BCS have continued through high school and beyond. Covington is a unique place and I hope others find it as valuable as I did.

Posted March 17, 2012
I have 2 kids at Bcs. They have been very challenged academically. They have lots of opportunities to excel in specific areas. The parents are very involved. The pool and wind mill are great assets too.

Posted August 21, 2011
Well i went to Derby middle school for 6th grade and hated it so i Switch to BCS for 7th and 8th grade. All i can say is that I had the best two years of my life at BCS the teachers care about your success and at least in my grade there weren't really clicks as much as groups of friends and they were all very accepting. The other thing that bothers me is how mothers say i dont want my 3rd grade daughter in the same school as an 8th grade boys because they will hit on her. thats a TOTAL lie there is almost not interaction with the younger kids unless you see your siblings in the halls and the only other interaction is through the teachers. I hope that High school can be as good as BCS because they really prepared me for the Future!

Posted August 15, 2011
Covington is a great school that is great with tecnoligy and is very different in a good way.

Posted November 30, 2010
I went to Covington from third through eighth grade, and it prepared me amazingly well for High School. Currently, because of Covington, I'm taking three Honors classes, and I'm in advanced math and language. Yes, Covington prepared me well for the academic portion of high school. However, it did also prepare me for the social aspect of high school. In my freshman year, I knew significantly less people than everybody else, coming from a smaller school, but kids in the Birmingham high schools (especially at Groves) are especially outgoing, and I was easily accepted into a group of new and old friends. All I had to do was take a step, give a smile, and wriggle out of my shell a bit.

Birmingham Covington School 1

Posted January 31, 2010
I thought this school would be better but it is not what I expected from a private-public school.

Posted May 27, 2009
This school is amazing the opportunities that it offers are so energetic and fun and while still learning. Also the teachers are so welcoming and kind. - Anonymous

Posted February 28, 2008
As for an easier transition to high school, that is simply not true. Several high school teachers have mentioned that their BCS students do have a more difficult time adjusting to the atmosphere. Especially socially.

Posted February 03, 2008
You have got to find out the truth about BCS. While it does offer an extended day, lots of laptop computers, etc. , it does a very poor job of preparing its students for High school. If you walk into that school, the first thing you see is a big banner announcing that it is a Character Ed. School. Turn the corner and you see kids running, pushing, throwing trash on the ground. Come on. They market themselves well and with a waiting list people think it is an honor to make it. What they really do is rob the neighborhood schools of students. Birmingham is robbing Peter to pay Paul. I would not want my dauaghters in a school with 6-8 grade boys who are going through puberty. Talk about making your daughters targets. BCS-The big lie!

1525 Covington Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI  48301
Last modified Birmingham Covington School is a Public school that serves grades 3-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Birmingham Covington School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top