Burton, MI

Posted January 28, 2014
We were looking for 'More' when we found this school-More faith, more character, more saints, more Virtue, more prayer, more... Everything Catholic for my children. The culture your kids are surrounded with matters if you want them formed with morals, virtues and the sound principles of our faith. The other parents who attend this school also want the same. You won't be surrounded by lukewarm Catholics or parents who never attend Mass here, or families who think a Catholic school is a mark of prestige. The parents at this school are all serious Catholics, devoted to their faith. At St.Thomas More Academy, scholasticism is parallel with faith, as it was meant to be from the beginning, because both spring from the truth. I thank God this school is here. It's well worth the 35 minute drive. I guess it comes down to how much you would be willing to sacrifice to help your children grow closer to Jesus?

Posted August 29, 2012
I can not imagine sending my children anywhere else. The curriculum is strong and the faith is taught beautifully. The environment is very wholesome and so are the children!

Posted March 09, 2012
We were truly blessed to find such a wonderful school for our children. I really believe that we would still be homeschooling if STMA did not exist. The academic standards, leadership and strong love of their Catholic faith is evident in both the students and staff, and that is very important to us.

Posted September 27, 2011
We are very pleased with the education our children have received at STMA (academically, spiritually, and socially). All the families are commited Catholics. You don't exerience any of the problems (i.e. drugs, bullying, pre-marital sex, etc..) so prevalent in public and even other privare schools. The tuition cost is also very reasonable. If you want your children to know and love their Catholic faith, St. Thomas More Academy is the school for you. I suggest you give them a call or simply stop by and see for yourself. That's what we did and we've been sending our children there for over 10 years.

Posted September 26, 2011
My son attends Kindergarten at St. Thomas More Academy and I know several of the families who send their children there and who teach there. You will not find a group of people more in love with our Lord Jesus Christ, more faithful to his Church or more committed to the education and preparation of our children. There are few places where a father can leave his child and be sure of his safety body, mind and soul. St. Thomas More Academy is one of them.

Posted April 01, 2011
This is a wonderful little school; if I had children, I would send them to STMA. Each day begins with Mass - the perfect foundation. The TRUE counterpoint to a few of the posts I've seen here: 1. STMA students don't study only religion; that is an absurd claim! Students start Spanish in the early elementary and continue through grade 9. They also have math, science, English, lit, sociology, psychology, public speaking, American history, world history, and probably a few more that I have left off. 2. Our kids are not ill-prepared socially. They have prom, bonfires, open gym, sports, fun gatherings, contests, spelling bees, social outreach opportunities - many opportunities exist throughout the year for STMA students to become good, well-rounded, upstanding leaders. Just because we promote a wholesome environment, that certainly does not make us backward socially...it truly makes us forward thinking; I wish all children could have a wholesome environment in which to learn and grow. 3. I doubt the comment about a coach being out of control. Perhaps you mistook our coach for an opposing team's (their coach=bad language, caused a scene, removed from the game). NOT our coach!

Posted March 20, 2011
STMA truly sets the bar high...looking for schools for my own daughters I am often reminded of the GIFT St. Thomas More was to me and my siblings. Strong academically, but even more importantly spiritually. I was given such a solid foundation, a real education - humanly, spiritually, intellectually. You couldn't ask for more in a school!

Posted February 09, 2011
Just attended an event at this school. The jr. High and girls basketball coach was totally out of control while in the stands watching the varsity game. He made several inappropriate comments. I was thankful that my children are not in this school.

Posted January 06, 2011
This School leaves its students unprepared academically, but also socially. While religious study is acceptable at a private Catholic establishment, it should not be the sole sole focus of the academics offered.

Posted February 12, 2010

St Thomas More Academy
6456 East Bristol Road, Burton, MI  48519
Last modified St Thomas More Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Thomas More Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top