Public charter
Canton, MI
Before care: Yes

Posted November 24, 2014
This is a great school, with good management and an excellent focus on education. This school gives me everything that I had wished for my kids education.

Canton Charter Academy 1

Posted May 06, 2014
Principle and teachers rude. Families are numbers. They will do anything to get a dollar from their students!

Posted February 28, 2014
CCA has such a positive and caring environment. I like that they have a moral focus curriculum that helps students persevere and make good choices. The teachers challenge students and have high expectations, but the kids have a lot of fun too. Both of my students have grown socially and academically at CCA.

Posted December 12, 2013
This is a great school for children education. My son studying from K. Teaching staff having well experience in teaching and preparing students for higher grades.

Canton Charter Academy 3

Posted July 19, 2013
I have two children who have attended CCA since kindergarten. The oldest is in 5th grade. While I cannot speak to teacher turnover in middle school, the elementary school teachers seem to move around within the NHA system pretty regularly (i.e. promotions). The curriculum overall seems to be okay. My children have definitely learned a lot. The biggest problem that I have is the subjective grading. There is NO real or universal academic standard for all students to strive to. Wherever your kids are academically, they base their goals on that rather than challenging them to do more. Therefore, if they hit their goal EVERYBODY is seen as a winner even though you can have a huge disparity in learning levels and gaps in educational achievement all within the same classroom. This is not real-world. The inconsistency and hypocrisy in discipline is a problem too. They stress a non-bully environment, yet do not deal with disciplining bullies to the extent of learning REAL consequences of their actions. They do not encourage kids to stand up for themselves. In fact, kids are instructed not to do so! Teachers tend to be dismissive if your kid has a problem and needs to come to them for help.

Canton Charter Academy 4

Posted June 28, 2013
In response to the reviewer asking to check out the MEAP scores, I just did: 6/27/2011 The school earned an overall proficiency of 94.6 percent, placing them first among all public charter schools in Michigan as well as the top performing public school district.

Canton Charter Academy 1

Posted April 02, 2013
this school is like jail and is too strict in my opinion this school is the worst school i went to. the school should loosen up some and stop being so strict and to fix the parking lot

Posted April 02, 2013
This school is amazing! I have been here since kindergarten, when our current principal was our gym teacher. The events such as Robofest, Science Olympiad and the Spelling Bee have put students to the test, and many of our own have won spelling bee national titles! Our school is the top in all tests, and even our 6th grader act scores beat the average high-school student's scores. Our sports education is growing rapidly, and the majority of the students have a positive attitude and I think that every student that attend this school will succeed in life! There is only one bad part. We are getting a new principal this year since Ms. Henkenberns is getting promoted. i think she is inexperienced and one of the other deans could easily do a better job. In about the time that i graduate from 8th grade ( i am in 7th grade) our school will be rated 2-3 stars (in nha terms, not in public school terms)

Canton Charter Academy 2

Posted May 24, 2012
We have been apart of this school since it opened. I am not happy with all the changes, such as the grading system and math curriculum with no directions. The teacher turn over rate is higher than surrounding schools. While the long time staff members are great, the newer staff lacks experience. This school also has issues disciplining students and overlooking issues that should be addressed. I personally think CCA has become overrated.

Posted March 07, 2012
Great school, but from my house, getting to the school can be a little hard, because of Beck and Ford traffic.

Canton Charter Academy
49100 Ford Road, Canton, MI  48187
Last modified Canton Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canton Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top