Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

it is a good school, teachers are hard working and know their job.

I can't stress enough how amazing this school is. We had the pleasure of having Mrs. Scott for kindergarten and I couldn't imagine our lives without her now. We unfortunately had to move for this school year but we have RE applied for next yr. Mrs. Major is amazing too. Their special education program is fantastic. There is no better than CCA in my eyes. WE MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!

Amazing school! The staff is like a second family. My son has had amazing growth and loves school! I love that they incorporate moral focus in the curriculum and individualize work for the students. We are very proud to be apart of canton charter!

I am very sad to say that despite reading the reviews I chose this school and I regret it. I should have taken my child to her homeschool. The teachers do a pretty mediocre job and lack interest in teaching. The homework system and parent communication is not very good. They have some extracurricular clubs, thats one good thing. I have tried talking to the teacher and I don't think she cares. I read the most recent review and it almost sounds like something the school will say. If you don't like it why are you here. Unfortunately as a parent its hard to uproot a child and "go somewhere else" once the school year has started. I am surprised that the reviewer thinks that reviews are to bring a school down . Its not.. it is one parent trying to help another one out to make a good decision. I might move my child after this year but unfortunately we are stuck as of now.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

I am not sure how the leadership is. I think they are all new to the school

Amount of homework: Disagree

No feedback is given for homework. No idea how they are graded. Another parent told me that students can get extra credit but the teacher has never told us that

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I'm surprised to see that people wrote ineffective. If they feel that way, they should leave. Why try to bring down a school that you don't want to be a part of?!?!? Go somewhere else! Try communicating and building relationships with the teachers and understand why your child is struggling or not being challenged. And again if you cant resolve it... The teachers are excellent! They challenge kids and they have the scores to show it.

Amount of homework: Agree

In come grades, it's just right. In other grades not enough. For instance, in elementary, my since my daughter was in 2nd grade, she hadn't gotten enough. As a middle schooler, it's just right. In kindergarten it's ALOT! But it's manageable.

The teachers are amazing! I love that they give personal attention to each child and have creative learning activities. I am THANKFUL that my child got into Canton. I love the new principal. She is friendly and approachable. I had a problem earlier this year with my child and she worked with me and the dean to resolve the problem. The parent wasn't helpful, but the school was.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They review moral focus virtues every day and the teachers teach them in class! I love coming to morning assembly and seeing the kids perform and the staff share their fun ways to teach. My son told me one time in the car that I was not showing integrity because I didn't stop at a stop sign!!! I said how do you know what that is? he said, "It's doing the right thing even when no one is looking." I was blown away!!! I love the moral focus and I can see my son showing behaviors.

Last modified Canton Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.