Clarkston, MI

Springfield Plains Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2013
I am not happy with my child's teacher this year at all. She is very unorganized and her classroom is chaotic. I am not the only parent that feels this way, the overloaded class size was a very bad idea. It's very rare that she communicates with parents unless it's an newsletter that's not consistent that we don't receive often. Her website is not running with what the children are learning in class and it takes a long time to receive a reply when I email her. At parents/teacher conference's she told me she never posts things on her website. I understand that she is busy and has many students but my confidence with this school is beyond low. Our children should have proactive teachers with the reputation of Clarkston and being a blue ribbon school. The school has high standards but my daughter's classroom does not meet such criteria. And I am not the only parent that is very disappointed with this teacher, the classroom size, all of the chaos and the teacher's capability of controlling her classroom.

Posted April 26, 2010
Great PTA sponsored programs, a challenging curriculum that serves each student's needs, and a staff that is supportive and helpful to children and parents alike.

Posted April 24, 2010
The staff is awesome. It's like one big happy family.

Posted April 24, 2010
I feel my sons teacher has a true vested interest in my sons education

Posted February 03, 2010

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted December 15, 2008
Great teachers and students.

Springfield Plains Elementary School 3

Posted June 07, 2007

Posted January 27, 2005
I am so pleased with Springfield Plains Elementary. All of the staff is so wonderfull. The custodians keep the school so nice and clean for the students and teachers. Everyone makes you feel like you are welcome and you matter. I can tell that everyone has respect for one another, that is important for my child to see everyday when he goes to school. Miss McDonald has been a great teacher, she has made learning fun for my son. Thank you.

Posted March 17, 2004
Springfield Plains is a fabulous elementary. The teachers are very involved and all aspects of learning are coordinated with a common theme - from music and art to science and reading. The principal knows all of the children by name and is open to discussing any issues with parents.

Springfield Plains Elementary School
8650 Holcomb Road, Clarkston, MI  48348
Last modified Springfield Plains Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springfield Plains Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top