Bad
Good

The previous principal was PHENOMENAL. The current principal is doing well filling the very big shoes she had to fill. The teachers are caring.

I love Schalm School. All of the teachers my kids have had were excellent and my children love them. The principal is very involved and knows all the kids by name. We are extremely happy with Schalm School in Clawson.

Schalm elementary school is a great school. From the parents, to the teachers down to the principle who personally places each student with a teacher that meets that child's needs. It is the best school in the city and I will be sad when we leave.

This is my child's second year at Schalm. I have found the teachers to be not only competent but enjoyable for my child. The classrooms are larger that what we are used to, but I believe the teachers handle this quite well. Administration is responsive and has a strong physical presence which is a plus. My children scored above the meap test results last year, so I am pleased academically as well. It is a nice little community school. Nice kids, decent family involvement and strong leadership. What more could you ask for?

This is an excellent school. My daughter was in kindergarten and she can read well now. I sent my son to a catholic school for kindergarten 7 years ago and she is recieving the same if not better education. The teachers were wonderful and the principal. I love this school.

Classroom sizes are way too big. Twenty eight children in one classroom is way too many for Elementary classrooms.

Last modified Paul A. Schalm School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.