Posted August 29, 2014
Schalm elementary school is a great school. From the parents, to the teachers down to the principle who personally places each student with a teacher that meets that child's needs. It is the best school in the city and I will be sad when we leave.

Paul A. Schalm School 0

Posted October 16, 2008
This is my child's second year at Schalm. I have found the teachers to be not only competent but enjoyable for my child. The classrooms are larger that what we are used to, but I believe the teachers handle this quite well. Administration is responsive and has a strong physical presence which is a plus. My children scored above the meap test results last year, so I am pleased academically as well. It is a nice little community school. Nice kids, decent family involvement and strong leadership. What more could you ask for?

Paul A. Schalm School 0

Posted June 11, 2008
This is an excellent school. My daughter was in kindergarten and she can read well now. I sent my son to a catholic school for kindergarten 7 years ago and she is recieving the same if not better education. The teachers were wonderful and the principal. I love this school.

Posted March 20, 2008

Paul A. Schalm School 2

Posted September 25, 2007
Classroom sizes are way too big. Twenty eight children in one classroom is way too many for Elementary classrooms.

Posted August 22, 2005
At Schalm Elementary School, my children have enjoyed a very positive learning experience in a safe environment. We are impressed with the parent involvement activities such as Math Night and a special Reading program for parents of first graders. The school also hosts a Science Fair for all ages. My children have also enjoyed their experience in the music, art and physical education. Our family has been very happy with the teachers at Schalm. My husband and I have been impressed with principal Patty Pell, especially. She holds special meetings for all parents to get to know her and ask questions or address concerns. Her response is quick and thoughtful. Ms. Pell sends a communication note home every week and encourages feedback. Over all, Schalm Elementary School is an excellent school in our opinion.

Paul A. Schalm School 4

Posted March 21, 2005

Paul A. Schalm School
940 North Selfridge Boulevard, Clawson, MI  48017
Last modified Paul A. Schalm School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paul A. Schalm School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top