Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 09, 2015
The teachers and staff really care about the students and each other. My daughter has thrived at this school, in large part due to assigning her the right teachers at the right time. Scores at this school would indicate that the negative reviews on this sight are way over stated. No place is a panacea for all students all the time, but Cliffard Smart is pretty dang close!

Clifford H. Smart Middle School 1

Posted November 20, 2014
My child went to this school, and was always complaining about all the bullying in this school. We transferred him to WBSD at Abbott and he loved it.

Posted September 24, 2014
This school is far better in my opinion than West Bloomfield Schools. They provide parents with lots of communication, you are able to receive updates quickly online as far as grades are concerned. My child transferred into a situation not knowing anyone and he is getting accustomed and states that he loves school which is fabulous because he hated school in the WBSD. I would recommend all parents to keep in touch with teachers frequently, keep communication open which helps a lot and you can deter situations such as a failing grade or social issues.

Clifford H. Smart Middle School 1

Posted April 28, 2014
Most of the teachers at this school pick out certain students they decide they don't like and create problems for these students. Gossip between teachers taint the reputation for these students. I went here but wasn't one of them but I witness this and many students know this to be true. If you don't fit the criteria...good luck. Clifford Smart, It's time to look over some of your staff and hire new Teachers that don't judge and really have a love to teach!

Posted October 24, 2013
Clifford H. Smart School - amazing school with great stuff and wonderful counselors! Our son which was really sad about changing school - is now so glad - he loves the school. Great Teachers, helpful and motivate - absolute awesome counselor which really knows how to catch kids and to find the right program and help for them. All the stuff are so helpful and friendly - advanced math program, great sports program, nice & clean building.... Thank you for all you do!

Posted March 14, 2013
I moved my son from West Bloomfield School because one of the teachers recommended it. Could not make better decision. Teachers are great. Advanced math program is amazing. Clean building, helpful people, and great crowd of kids. Online assignments & grades are great help! Kids have actual study book & electronic version on laptop.

Posted September 22, 2009
Excellent Principals and teachers!

Posted April 27, 2009
Awesome school, my child has learned so many great things!

Posted December 13, 2008
I go to this school and it's wonderful. The teachers are all very helpful. So far, they've taught me everything I need to know and I know that my parents hold them in high regard.

Posted August 06, 2005
CSMS is Great! We moved here last year and my daughter was nervous about starting a new school and making new friends. I had several phone conversations with her counselor before we even arrived in Michigan. By the time we had our first face to face meeting Mr. Gioletti had my daughters schedule ready(with her needs and wants in mind) and had informed her teachers of her arrival. He had even told some of the students about our daughter. When we arrived at Clifford Smart Mr. G took my daughter and intoduced her to some of the other girls in her grade, They quickly exclaimed,'Oh, Hi we've been waiting for you.' It was at that moment that I knew our daughter was going to be o.k. I can't tell you enough how impressed I am at the personal attention that was paid to her (and still is).We Love CSMS.

Clifford H. Smart Middle School
8500 Commerce Road, Commerce Township, MI  48382
Last modified Clifford H. Smart Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.